PDA

View Full Version : Tivo S1 streaming issues, Cygwin/Mplayer/Mythtivo questions

enliteneer
05-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Ive got a Series 1 tivo that I networked a few years back... I can download Tivo recorded shows, and play them on my pc, but I would like to stream directly from Tivo and watch from the network...

From the tivo side, vserver (the deprecated v1.2?) is the only thing I need to add, correct? But what folder do these files need to be in, and is there anything that needs to be modified in the startup script to have it always run automatically? Since I havent updated the tivo files in a long time, is there anything else that I should update?

On the PC side, Im running windows, so I installed cygwin, and placed MPlayer (cygwin binary 0.16) and MythTivo in a cygwin user folder. Im not very familiar with linux, so I just went to the mythtivo folder (via cygwin) and did a make ... I also tried make install ... but both report an error:

$ make
make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/qt3/mkspecs/linux-g++/qmake.conf', ne
eded by `Makefile'. Stop.

What am I doing wrong? Also, Is there a windows app (like tytool) that will run on windows and play a streaming tivo file?

cheer
05-19-2006, 03:31 PM
There's a windows codec called TyShow; that will allow Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic to play tystreams, including streamed ones.