PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Ty files in WMP

pyroman1
05-23-2006, 09:35 AM
Hello,

I have been able to view .ty files on my PC in the past without issue using WMP. I am trying to figure out why I receive a runtime error when I try to do so now, yet I still have no problems on my laptop viewing the files.

Here is most of what I have done (I'm sure I left out something and someone will ask me for it):

I am using the latest version of TyTools.
I have registered the required .dll's.
I have made the appropriate registry modifications.
I am using a different computer than what was originally used (upgraded vid card, ram, cpu, mobo, hd).
I am using RyanVM's Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack along with RyanVM WMP10 Addon (http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/).
I am using a few other things from RyanVM's site, but I don't know if that matters.
I am using Bashrat the Sneaky's driverpacks (http://www.driverpacks.net).
I posted this question on RyanVM's forum, but apparently no one that views the forum is in my situation (i.e. hacked TiVo + RyanVM's update packs).

I would like to know if anyone else has used a similar method when installing Windows and has come up with similar problems. I can't even view the thumbnails in the folder where the files have been downloaded without crashing the explorer window. I can view these files on the same machine using mplayer.

Thank you!

WinBear
05-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Have you tried mplayer2.exe rather than wmplayer.exe? For some reason, that works for me on one computer.

pyroman1
05-23-2006, 10:48 AM
I have not tried mplayer2, just mplayer. Is the interface the same (i.e. does it not have a pause button or time slider)?

WinBear
05-23-2006, 11:37 AM
I have not tried mplayer2, just mplayer. Is the interface the same (i.e. does it not have a pause button or time slider)?

It is version 6.4 of Windows Media Player instead of 9 or 10 like you are used to. It doesn't support skins or other new features of WMP, but it has all the basics that you asked about.

cheer
05-23-2006, 12:17 PM
You should also consider media player classic. Lightweight, does what you need it to do, and a much better player IMO than WMP.

pyroman1
05-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Some excellent suggestions at trying to workaround the problem. When I get things settled with my new PC (reinstalling all apps and such) I will give these a try and report back.

Otherwise, I would still like to know if anyone else here uses Ryan's Update Packs or BTS's driverpacks and if you too have had a problem. I am not one to normally be satisfied with a workaround when a solution may exist.