PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars 3 HD AC3 to MPEG?

ChromePlanet
06-18-2006, 02:55 AM
I'm having a few problems with TyTool, trying to get a final MPG file in HD with AC3 audio from an HR10-250.

On my first try, I got a 9GB .ty file, which sounds right. Muxing to MPEG format got a few errors and then it stopped midway, leaving a 2GB MPEG file of only the first part of the movie. I'm going to transfer it from the TiVo again to see if it will work on the 2nd try.

The video I did get looks great, but banding appears around moving objects. Is this distortion in the MPG file or a result of displaying it on an LCD laptop screen?

Also, not sure if the AC3 audio is in the MPG file TyTool created. What is recommended as a hardware accessory to output AC3 to my audio receiver?

cheer
06-18-2006, 06:33 AM
Not sure what you mean by banding...but if it was broadcast in 1080i, it's interlaced and computers are progressive displays, so interlaced material often looks...well, not great.

If TyTool doesn't make it all the way through, you might consider trying hdemux and mplex (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36322) instead. I've found that some HD streams that TyTool barfs on succeed with hdemux/mplex.

As for AC3, you should just need an optical toslink connection from the PC to your receiver.