PDA

View Full Version : S1 DTivo 3.5 unscramble.o

bill81
06-18-2006, 11:27 AM
I have searched the fourms and have not found an new version of unscramble.o for the 3.5 software version.

The previous version does not work and causes Tivo to reboot.

Can anyone compile unscramble with the new software kernel so I can give that a shot?

Bill

bill81
06-23-2006, 11:37 PM
OK I have a debian installation working, and I unpacked the cross compiler from http://tivoutils.sourceforge.net/.

I have the source code for the unscramble module.

What do I need to download from tivo.com/linux and where should it go on my system?

How do I compile the module? Is there a makefile or can it be done on the command line.

Thanks,
Bill

tvtyme
06-24-2006, 02:33 AM
I have searched the fourms and have not found an new version of unscramble.o for the 3.5 software version.

The previous version does not work and causes Tivo to reboot.

Can anyone compile unscramble with the new software kernel so I can give that a shot?

Bill

Looks like info. on that patch can be found here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33946&page=4&highlight=tivoapp+patches)
See Post #60 by ADent

L8r

A.C.
06-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Mine seems to work just find and I didn't have to do anything accept rehack via the turbonet cd and fix my rc.sysinit.author after the 3.5 upgrade....

osetivo
06-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Mine seems to work just find and I didn't have to do anything accept rehack via the turbonet cd and fix my rc.sysinit.author after the 3.5 upgrade....

Ditto:
I've been using the same noscramble_mbm.o forever and have had no problems with my S1 Dtivo (SAT-T60) and 3.5-01-1-011.

bill81
06-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Those patches are for the tivoapp and won't do any good for scrambled recordings prior to the software upgrade.

Instead of using the tivoapp patches I used unscramble.o. I should have patched tivoapp and I would not have this problem.

I don't know about noscramble_mbm.o. Will it work for previously recorded shows or do you have to insmod it and then you are good for anything in the future.

Thanks,
Bill

osetivo
06-25-2006, 11:48 AM
...I don't know about noscramble_mbm.o. Will it work for previously recorded shows or do you have to insmod it and then you are good for anything in the future.

Thanks,
Bill

:o R.I.F. NOscramble vs UNscramble

I'm using noscramble = "insmod it and then you are good for anything in the future"

bill81
06-25-2006, 06:54 PM
What about previous recordings?

Those are the ones I am after. If you patch tivoapp then you don't need anything for future recordings but for past ones that were not recorded with the tivoapp patch you are hosed.

Bill

bhorstkotte
06-26-2006, 02:36 PM
What about previous recordings?

Those are the ones I am after. If you patch tivoapp then you don't need anything for future recordings but for past ones that were not recorded with the tivoapp patch you are hosed.

Bill

I have a GXCEBOT with CacheCard - it stopped working about a month ago, and I didn't know why - it went on recording shows and working fine for the next month, until I read about the 3.5 update, and then it finally clicked that that's probably why the network connection died - so I pulled the drive, reinstalled the driver, patched tivoapp (with the new offset that was posted), and got it working again.

Based on the discussion here, I thought unscramble.o wouldn't work anymore to grab the recordings that had been captured during the month my tivoapp was unpatched, but then I saw a post on tivocommunity that indicated another user had used the old one successfully with 3.5, with GXCEBOT, so I tried it last week, and it works fine - I was able to successfully pull down about 20 such shows. So at least try it before you assume you are hosed (apparently it doesn't work on yours bill81, but in case anyone else is following the thread, give it a try).

bill81
06-29-2006, 12:35 AM
OK I installed a debian cross compiler toolchain with gcc-3.4. I downloaded the linux-2.4.tar.gz file from tivo.com/linux.

I then tried to compile unscramble.c with the following command:
powerpc-linux-gcc -c -O2 -Wall -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -static -isystem /root/tivo-xcompiler/linux-2.4/include unscramble.c

It is not working at all (attached is compiler output).

Help!

bill81
06-29-2006, 06:08 PM
I've managed to copy some missing header files from the toolchain to the linux-2.4 libraries and I have reduced the compile errors to the following:

In file included from unscramble.c:4:
/root/tivo-xcompiler/linux-2.4/include/linux/malloc.h:4:2: warning: #warning linux/malloc.h is deprecate
d, use linux/slab.h instead.
unscramble.c:16:1: warning: "DEVICE_NAME" redefined
In file included from /root/tivo-xcompiler/linux-2.4/include/linux/ide.h:788,
from unscramble.c:10:
/root/tivo-xcompiler/linux-2.4/include/linux/blk.h:117:1: warning: this is the location of the previous
definition
unscramble.c: In function `init_module':
unscramble.c:62: warning: passing arg 4 of `open_namei' from incompatible pointer type
unscramble.c:62: error: too many arguments to function `open_namei'
unscramble.c:77: error: structure has no member named `default_file_ops'
unscramble.c:84: error: structure has no member named `default_file_ops'
unscramble.c:91: error: structure has no member named `f_inode'
unscramble.c:93: error: structure has no member named `default_file_ops'
unscramble.c:100: error: structure has no member named `f_llop'
unscramble.c:114: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct lowlevel_operations'
unscramble.c:114: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unscramble.c:115: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct lowlevel_operations'
unscramble.c:115: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unscramble.c:117: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unscramble.c:118: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unscramble.c: In function `cleanup_module':
unscramble.c:131: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unscramble.c:131: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct lowlevel_operations'
unscramble.c:132: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
unscramble.c:132: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct lowlevel_operations'
unscramble.c: In function `unscramble_readsectors':
unscramble.c:176: error: structure has no member named `f_inode'
unscramble.c:199: error: structure has no member named `f_inode'
unscramble.c:206: error: structure has no member named `f_inode'
unscramble.c:250: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct lowlevel_operations'
unscramble.c:252: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct lowlevel_operations'
unscramble.c: In function `unscramble_writesectors':
unscramble.c:270: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct lowlevel_operations'
unscramble.c: At top level:
unscramble.c:19: error: storage size of `def_llop' isn't known
billone:~#

Getting warmer??

hypersportfrank
05-27-2007, 02:17 PM
I know this is an older thread but one that I searched to pull scrambled shows from my DSR6000 running 3.5:
I found this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=254719&postcount=18) post and was able to get 3.5 and unscramble.o working together. I had to run Mfs_ftp, run unscramble.o, prime the show for 10 seconds (but do not leave it paused), and use Smart FTP to copy the tmf files directly. So it's still possible to extract from 3.5 with unscramble.o as long as tserver is not running.

Frank