PDA

View Full Version : Problem with making Keyfiles

InRBigness
06-30-2006, 02:04 AM
First of all, let me just say that I have just about worn out the search button and my eyes trying to figure this out.

I have HDTivo Hr10-250. It is hacked and works great. I have most of the packaged goodies on it. I recorded some shows and use TyTools to convert then to .vobs so I can watch on my computer. I did about 3 movies this way and all was good. I recorded a 4th movie and when I went to may the .key file I got the:

Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...
Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase...

error message. I tried a few other shows and it is the same thing. I had some .ty streams from my computer from my now replaced T60 and they worked fine as well.

From reading, I have come to the conclusion that my recordings are still encrypted so my unscramble must have turned itself off.

How do I check if it is still installed, how and where do I reinstall it so that I can extract video again? I am not asking to be spoon fed, but just pointed and nudged a little bit.

I have ftp and telnet access to the tivo so I can edit and add files if needed.

Thanks

InRBigness (dazed and confused):confused:

eastwind
06-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Things change. You'll need to patch tivoapp to get scrambling (encryption) turned off. AFAIK, no one has written an unscramble.o module for S2 boxes.
Search for disabling encryption to enable extraction.
ew

cheer
06-30-2006, 07:56 AM
AFAIK, no one has written an unscramble.o module for S2 boxes.
Yes, someone has...sort of. To unscramble existing recordings that are scrambled, search for S2_Unscramble.

InRBigness
06-30-2006, 09:36 AM
I am not really worried about existing recordings, I am trying to make sure that I am ready for when the fall season comes. I remember patching an offset on my other S2, so I think thats what I have to do. Alphawolf helped me out before.

I am just wondering why it worked before and now stopped. I will do another search for disabling encryption.

ScanMan
06-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Have you upgraded your software version? You didn't say what version you had but if you upgraded you will need a new tivoapp patch. The ciphercheck utility in Alphawolf's S2 binaries package here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=189482&highlight=crond) will tell you the exact state of your tystream encryption and each and every recording. You might want to look at this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31213) thread for disabling tysteam encryption.

InRBigness
07-04-2006, 02:47 PM
The software is 3.1.5d that is on it now. I opened up tivoapp in HexEdit and found the offset. It was standard so I patched it with the correct values and reloaded it. All seems good now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The software must have taken some sort of update because it was working prior. No biggie, learned a little more because of it.

InRBigness