PDA

View Full Version : What did I do, tytool 10r4 my shows are 4 min long

letsrecord
07-03-2006, 10:42 PM
I have TyTool10r4 installed and when I use tystream mode and under GUI Options I have GUI checked, verbose level 0 and other 2 boxes blank and under Processing Option only MPEG2-encoder - mpeg2enc
I have network options and double socket mode and multiplex options standard and cc data options usee CC and display basic cc info and for audion I have none on transcoding options andonly audio extension m2a checked.

Anyway when I copy a file over and make a key and edit the key and after I multiplex the file and open it to play, all my shows are 4 minutes long but play their regular length.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the same problem and have been unable to find any other similar problem in the forums.

Any ideas on what to try?

Thanks.

cheer
07-03-2006, 11:28 PM
What do you mean, the shows are 4 minutes long but play their regular length? That doesn't make any sense. Are the videos 4 minutes long or are they the proper length?

letsrecord
07-03-2006, 11:52 PM
When I play a show and have the length of it show on my computer screen, it says the show is 4:15 (4min 15 sec) but when it reaches 4m 15s it keeps playing until it is over, i.e., half hour show after conversion is 447,993 kb or 23 minutes after commercials are taken out.

You might say whats the big deal, well I like it to say what it really is.

No it does not make sense either though you meant my post.

cheer
07-04-2006, 12:05 AM
What operating system? What media player?

letsrecord
07-04-2006, 12:45 AM
WinXP with SP2 and I have tried BPlayer, Nero Showtime and Windows Media Player 10 and they all show 4m 15s long though the show plays for about 23 minutes.

cheer
07-04-2006, 11:05 AM
No idea -- never seen that before. You might try Media Player Classic or PowerDVD -- MPC is a good player. Additionally your mpeg2 codec may be b0rked; PowerDVD should use its own.

letsrecord
07-04-2006, 11:44 AM
I stumbled across something else so it has nothing to do with tytool as I was using dvdshrink to combine a couple of movies and when I got to play it, the vobs play the right length but the on screen time shows 14 min not the 60 or 80 min it should be, so the problem lies somewhere else.

Thanks for the input.

bato
07-04-2006, 12:35 PM
I bet the timecode in the mpg file is broken, you can use mpeg2vcr or videoredo to fix that with the fix option.

ran94
07-13-2006, 08:18 PM
When I play a show and have the length of it show on my computer screen, it says the show is 4:15 (4min 15 sec) but when it reaches 4m 15s it keeps playing until it is over, i.e., half hour show after conversion is 447,993 kb or 23 minutes after commercials are taken out.

Hey, I just came across the same problem. Any solutions?

letsrecord
07-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Sorry that I did not reply sooner but I reformatted my computer and reinstalled everything and now I cannot get tytool to work or at least connect.

I can get tivowebplus.

The problem I was had was to all files I brought over from tivo.

Until I can get tytool to work I will not know if it is fixed.

letsrecord
07-18-2006, 02:57 PM
what ever caused the previous problem is going as I was able to get it working after reformatting my hard drive and install apps over and setting everything correctly.