PDA

View Full Version : TyTool and the HD Episode From Hell

alfonzotan
08-05-2006, 10:24 AM
I've got two different airings of the same BSG episode recorded from Universal HD on my hacked HR10-250. TyTool 10.4 (and 10.1) crashes in mid-download on either file. I'm able to extract the entire .ty file using TivoTool on a Mac, but I'm striking out on converting that one to a standard MPEG for editing (TyTool crashes, and TyProcess doesn't work at all--but I admit I hadn't used it before, and may well have the settings dorked). TivoTool apparently doesn't play well regarding HD files for anything other than straight downloading; it won't save as an .mpg. FFMPEGX is equally no-workee.

Any suggestions? I've previously extracted about 20 other episodes of the same show with no problems.

UPDATE: Demuxed fine with hdemux. mplex crashed due to "too many frame drops."

mikey
09-02-2006, 10:00 AM
where does tytool crash when editing? You can jump a few chunks in if its at the start of the show. If its in the middle try tyfilechopper. you would then have 2 mpegs, but they can be joined easily enough.
Mikey

alfonzotan
09-05-2006, 07:23 AM
I'm not familiar with "tyfilechopper," is that an actual app, or a nickname for GOP Editor?

I can see where the problem is in one of the files, and tried to cut it up using GOP Editor, but only the first section (before the error) is usable after saving.

mikey
09-05-2006, 07:40 AM
my bad it's tychopper and can be found http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21339&highlight=tychopper

This and many other problems will probably be solved when jdiner gets time to release the next version of tytool, but apperently he has been busy lately.
Mikey

mikey
09-05-2006, 07:57 AM
have you tried not making key files and processing the entire show to mpeg?

alfonzotan
09-05-2006, 12:48 PM
have you tried not making key files and processing the entire show to mpeg?

Yes, that's when the crashes are happening (not during KeyFile creation, during muxing). mplex really doesn't like this file.

mikey
09-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Set your log level to high in tytool. this should tell you where the "bad" part is. use get parts in tytool download to just before it crashes. using the jump setting jump 10 frames 20, 30 etc until you are past the "bad" point. it will probably be only a few seconds. this should sllow you to process the file.
Mikey

rbreding
09-09-2006, 12:08 PM
I download and encode ALOT of HD material and have had this happen a couple times. Best thing to do is grab the file in TMF format or do a get parts so that you have all of the individual files (i.e. part00.ty - partxx.ty).

Now go back and look at your txt file from the multiplex process to determine where it bombed out. Locate that partxx.ty file and try to multiplex it to see if it also bombs out (that way you know if you have the right one).

From there you should be able to determine the keyframe (look at the txt file) and use tychopper to separate that partxx.ty into two files:

partxx_out1.ty = keyframe 0-bad part
partxx_out2.ty = keyframe bad part-9999

You will likely have to cut up about 10 keyframes around the bad part to completely wipe it out.

As a side note I have had this happen more on the TNTHD than anything else (trying to grab all the Alias episodes in HD)

Questions let me know