PDA

View Full Version : Extracting and reinserting Season pass info from MFS

taoy
08-11-2006, 04:36 AM
Has anyone any hints or tips as to how to extract and reinsert season pass info from one tivo MFS to another?

I've got a tivo which is GSOD/reboot cycling, and I'm beginning to think that I'll never get it fixed.... however it appears that mls works well when I boot the drives in a linux box. What I'd like to do is extract the part of the MFS which contains the season pass information, and then reinsert it into a fresh MFS, so I can bring my box up clean from a backup, but not loose my precious season passes.

captain_video
08-11-2006, 08:01 AM
There's a module available for TivoWebPlus that will create a backup of your season passes and will restore them when uploaded to your Tivo.

taoy
08-11-2006, 09:34 AM
There's a module available for TivoWebPlus that will create a backup of your season passes and will restore them when uploaded to your Tivo.

Oooh; however my tivo is already dead :) (GSOD). Is there a tool which will extract this data the drives mounted in a linux box?

eastwind
08-14-2006, 03:17 AM
Oooh; however my tivo is already dead :) (GSOD). Is there a tool which will extract this data the drives mounted in a linux box?

Doesn't mfsbackup grab the SPs?

ew

taoy
08-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Doesn't mfsbackup grab the SPs?

ew

Yes it does, however the MFS is broken in a wierd way, and mfs restore dies with a segmentation fault when cleaning up at the end - the copy of the MFS remains broken in the same way.

Yesterday I tried booting the box with panic mode 57 (MFS check), but it didn't change anything. I'm still working up the nerve to do a panic mode 58 (MFS clean up) as I've not seen anywhere on the net that confirms that it doesn't just erase everything and rebuild the MFS from scratch.

My currently plan is to hack the start up scripts to get just the network and web server running and to see whether the 'backup season passes' module will work enough to get that data out. I expect it will; I was able to use 'mls' on a linux box to browse through some of them, so I don't think that the MFS is totally hosed.

Joe

eastwind
08-15-2006, 12:06 AM
You might also try Clear Program Data and To Do List. Might fix the mfs db error that you have, and doesn't cost anything except time to try it.

ew

Mikeg
08-16-2006, 12:17 PM
I was able to get my TiVo repaired after a cycling GSOD/reboot by following Method 5 found on this site (http://www.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/Howto/FixSwapIssues).

Have you tried that yet by chance?