PDA

View Full Version : Dtivo Series 2 Show Extraction

lakersraidersfa
09-04-2006, 10:13 PM
I have searched and searched for a way to extract recordings from my Hughes Dtivo SD-DVR40 that actually works, all i have come up with is alot of old links and few options. I tried 2 different progies (TyTool10r4, TyStudio 0.5.0 Beta 2) that i messed with for hours with no success. What is the best option to get shows off of my hacked Dtivo? (running PTVnet 6.2 OS)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give....

The Only Druid
09-04-2006, 11:47 PM
I have searched and searched for a way to extract recordings from my Hughes Dtivo SD-DVR40 that actually works, all i have come up with is alot of old links and few options. I tried 2 different progies (TyTool10r4, TyStudio 0.5.0 Beta 2) that i messed with for hours with no success. What is the best option to get shows off of my hacked Dtivo? (running PTVnet 6.2 OS)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give....

In an effort to cut off the harsh answer you will deservedly get from my fellow board members, I'll say this: "you haven't searched properly." All the stuff that is current is still there.

In fact, if you search for my name on the board, you'll find a thread that's around a year old that still contains up-to-date info on running hacked 6.2 on a Dtivo. The extraction sections - based on tytool - are clear, and still accurate.

Your failure so far is indicative of not working through it long enough. Not to be mean, but we've all gotten through this. Moreover, there are quite a few 'guides' on this site, explaining all of it. No one here wants to hand-hold.

cheer
09-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Details would be helpful. The most common means of extraction are TyTool and mfs_ftp. Saying that you messed with TyTool "for hours" doesn't tell me anything...

lakersraidersfa
09-05-2006, 03:22 AM
Details would be helpful. The most common means of extraction are TyTool and mfs_ftp. Saying that you messed with TyTool "for hours" doesn't tell me anything...

The experience i had with TyTool after following the guide was, all the shows i was able to transfer could not be read by its own GopEditor, therefor i couldn't mux it to a format that was readable by any of my mpeg editors, as far as mfs_ftp i couldn't even get the .tar file to extract on my tivo. I am sorry i wasn't more specific, but i have gone through the guides for both of these programs and for someone who is brand new to tivo hacking i couldn't find any guides that were basic enough for me i guess.

cheer
09-05-2006, 08:14 AM
That's because guides suck. They prevent learning.

Odds are if TyTool couldn't edit the files (assuming you created key files) it is because your videos are scrambled. Did you disable encryption on your Tivo prior to recording the shows?

lakersraidersfa
09-06-2006, 02:58 AM
Odds are if TyTool couldn't edit the files (assuming you created key files) it is because your videos are scrambled. Did you disable encryption on your Tivo prior to recording the shows?

I think that was the problem, i didn't apply the superpatch. Are the shows encrypted while they are being recorded? The reason i ask is, the few shows that got recorded BEFORE i applied the superpatch will be encrypted, and the ones AFTER wont be? Thanks again....

ScanMan
09-06-2006, 06:22 AM
The reason i ask is, the few shows that got recorded BEFORE i applied the superpatch will be encrypted, and the ones AFTER wont be? Thanks again....Yes, that is correct; look for the s2_unscramble thread to unscramble previously scrambled recordings for extraction. Not a trivial effort, it will take some reading...