PDA

View Full Version : Tivo to Media Center sharing ... almost done

BrianS
09-08-2006, 10:05 PM
I have a house with multiple Media Center PCs and two Tivos ... the media center PCs share their folders and so I've been trying to do the same from the Tivo side to remote Media Center PCs on the second floor. Well tonight I am almost done.

On my Tivo I have zippered it, installed TivoWebPlus and vserver.
On the Media Center PC I have the TyShow Codec installed which from the TivoWebPlus web page launches Windows Media Player on select of .asx files.

The .asx files are just small XML files containing a title and address of the content ID from the tivo side.
Out of curiousity I saved a few of the .asx files to a folder then from Media Center added that folder to the 'My Videos' folder ... and voila, I can now watch the Tivo shows from Media Center with complete control with my remote for 30 second skip etc.

I am a PC programmer and so don't have much linux experience.
What I want to do is write something that will dump .asx files that I see in TivoWebPlus to a shared folder on the Tivo. I'll add the shared folder on the Media Center 'My Videos' side and share.

Has anyone done this?

osetivo
09-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Take a look here

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40220&page=2&highlight=asx

I have a house with multiple Media Center PCs and two Tivos ... the media center PCs share their folders and so I've been trying to do the same from the Tivo side to remote Media Center PCs on the second floor. Well tonight I am almost done.

On my Tivo I have zippered it, installed TivoWebPlus and vserver.
On the Media Center PC I have the TyShow Codec installed which from the TivoWebPlus web page launches Windows Media Player on select of .asx files.

The .asx files are just small XML files containing a title and address of the content ID from the tivo side.
Out of curiousity I saved a few of the .asx files to a folder then from Media Center added that folder to the 'My Videos' folder ... and voila, I can now watch the Tivo shows from Media Center with complete control with my remote for 30 second skip etc.

I am a PC programmer and so don't have much linux experience.
What I want to do is write something that will dump .asx files that I see in TivoWebPlus to a shared folder on the Tivo. I'll add the shared folder on the Media Center 'My Videos' side and share.

Has anyone done this?

BrianS
09-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Take a look here

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40220&page=2&highlight=asx

thanx ... looking at it now.

BrianS
09-29-2006, 06:53 PM
All is working with just one exception.

I added the folder hosting .asx files to the MCE My Videos and can play the files. Problem at present is if I stop, select another .asx file then play I get an error in ehshell.exe and have to exit MCE and reenter to start over.

Anyone have this issue?