PDA

View Full Version : TivoWebPlus v1.4 Development and Testing

Pages : [1] 2 3

John1980
09-12-2006, 06:39 AM
A forum to discuss the development of the next TivoWebPlus. This version is being designed to work a more reliably for DTivo users who currently have lineups with more than 700 channels.

It should be noted that the internal structures are being changed in this release so modules not included in the bundle may require a little modification before they will work, however many converted modules have been included in the bundles.

The software (v2.0.0) can be downloaded from http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/TivoWebPlus

FYI: Thought I would just make it clear that the major changes to the internal structures, in the hope of improving the stability for DTivo users, is mainly the work of BTUx9. Thanks and appreciation for those changes should go to him.

SteveT
09-16-2006, 11:58 AM
I've been testing 1.4.0 and so far, I am very impressed. It definitely seems faster, and most importantly, I have not been able to make it crash my Tivo.

I've tried several of the most intensive actions I could think of, things that would definitely have crashed earlier versions. For example, I used it to restore the saved channels on my HDTivo after upgrading to 6.3 last night. In previous upgrades, this always took several passes due to the reboots. Worked lilke a charm, removing nearly 700 channels from the watched list.

Thanks for the great work, guys.

cheer
09-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Seconded. Seems stable as hell, and a lot faster. Man, how did I ever live with the old one? :)

Has yet to break anything, so I suppose that's good. :) And I did a huge amount of channel fixing in ChannelPrefs; like SteveT, that used to bring my box to its knees. Not this time.

BTUxNine
09-16-2006, 05:53 PM
Hopefully that situation will continue to improve, as I'm working on adding code to cache these structures to disk, making reloads much faster and making it more responsive to changes from the tivo side.

To continue with the improving of the memory requirements, I'm hoping to implement on-demand loading of modules, also.

Also, given the newer data structures, implementing user defined groups of channels should be very easy... I'm thinking that the channel filtering might be best in the TWP bar at the top, rather than have each individual module implement their own (different) method. -- any thoughts?

cheer
09-16-2006, 06:24 PM
I definitely agree that having channel filtering in the bar at the top makes more sense.

Also...a hostname or devicename in the bar would be huge. As it is I just edit httpd-tt.tcl but it would be cleaner to do it either from Tivo hostname or a config parameter in tivoweb.cfg.

Also...I've done half a dozen full reloads of TWP 1.4 on both an SD-DVR80 and an HR10-250 (6.3), and have yet to trigger a reboot. WOOHOO! This update is HUGE, guys.

John1980
09-17-2006, 09:25 AM
I definitely agree that having channel filtering in the bar at the top makes more sense.
I like the concept, but feel it is handy to have a different default for each module. This can still be done (as the menu bar is re-drawn with each module), it's just we would need to keep the state for each module so that it would return to the previously chosen channel "filter".

a hostname or devicename in the bar would be huge.
Done.

Vegas
09-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Tested the MRV setup module from here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226635&postcount=1)
on a DTivo running 6.2. Works ok.

cheer
09-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Hmm...something strange. Just tried to do a Director search in TWP1.40 for Kurosawa. It obviously recognizes what I'm trying to search for, as it comes back with a header of "Search Results for Kurosawa, Akira" but then barfs:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_search '' 'set "searchby" "5";set "cat" "0";set "scat" "0";set "q" "kurosawa";set "submit" "Search";'
syntax error in expression "catch [set stationday [db $db openid $stationdayfsid]] == 0"
("if" test expression)
while compiling
"if {catch [set stationday [db $db openid $stationdayfsid]] == 0} { ..."
("uplevel" body line 4)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set recfsid [lindex [get_fsidbyprefix "/Recording/Active" "4:$date:$timestr:"] 0]
set stationdayfsid [lindex [get_fsidb..."
(procedure "doShowingRow" line 28)
invoked from within
"doShowingRow $chan $sfsid $stitle $efsids $watch $showemptyhits $imagestr"
(procedure "::action_search" line 306)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"Tried it on my SD-DVR80 (6.2) and my HR10-250 (6.3); same result.
--cut here--

AlphaWolf
09-17-2006, 11:35 PM
One thing I would like to see (not sure if this has been changed already or not) is for tivoweb to not remount the rootfs in its default configuration.

BTUxNine
09-18-2006, 01:40 AM
that is the hackman module, and 1.4 doesn't bundle hackman

John1980
09-18-2006, 03:16 AM
Hmm...something strange. Just tried to do a Director search in TWP1.40 for Kurosawa. It obviously recognizes what I'm trying to search for, as it comes back with a header of "Search Results for Kurosawa, Akira" but then barfs

This should now be fixed.

John1980
09-18-2006, 04:11 AM
One thing I would like to see (not sure if this has been changed already or not) is for tivoweb to not remount the rootfs in its default configuration.

TW/TWP from memory does not remount the root filesystem. The startup scripts remount the filesystem in read-only mode, so if you are wanting to run the TiVo with a writable filesystem then you can either comment out the line that mounts it read-only (probably reads something like "mount -no remount,ro /") or add a line to the end of your rc.sysinit (or rc.sysinit.author) that reads:

mount -no remount,rw /

John1980
09-18-2006, 05:20 AM
Tested the MRV setup module from here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226635&postcount=1)
on a DTivo running 6.2. Works ok.

I have combined the source into a single module (mrv.itcl) and included it in the latest bundles (060918). It will only be seen if you are running v4 or above.

AlphaWolf
09-18-2006, 05:29 AM
TW/TWP from memory does not remount the root filesystem. The startup scripts remount the filesystem in read-only mode, so if you are wanting to run the TiVo with a writable filesystem then you can either comment out the line that mounts it read-only (probably reads something like "mount -no remount,ro /") or add a line to the end of your rc.sysinit (or rc.sysinit.author) that reads:

mount -no remount,rw /

Well the current version I am running right now remounts the rootfs as writable whereas I prefer it stays read only. It must have been changed since then if this isn't the case.

BTUxNine
09-18-2006, 05:40 AM
As I said before, the default for hackman is to remount root... if you have the hackman module loaded, that's the culprit

angra
09-18-2006, 03:46 PM
So, it seemed like TWP development had been dead for a while, but now this! Great! Is this just a small effort or is there a big push for the next release? I developed a hack for my own uses that I was thinking about converting to a module, but I am not interested in doing the PR and maintenance work to make something really workable as a public release. The hack would be to assign recordings to tivo folders via tivoweb. I'd be willing to flesh it out and package it if there's anyone interested in doing the testing, maintenance, tweaks, etc.

cheer
09-18-2006, 03:55 PM
I will certainly help with testing, tweaking, etc., and I'm sure you'll get lots of other volunteers (many far more capable than I).

This is no ssmall effort; these guys seem quite committed, and if what we see so far in 1.4 is any indication, good things are afoot.

AlphaWolf
09-18-2006, 04:09 PM
As I said before, the default for hackman is to remount root... if you have the hackman module loaded, that's the culprit

Yeah I do have that hackman thing now that you mention it. I never actually use that, may as well dump it. It was just included with whatever build I downloaded.

cheer
09-18-2006, 04:25 PM
OK, this isn't 1.4-specific, but a number of us have run into some issues with 6.3 on our HR10-250s, and there is some evidence that it's TWP-related. (By no means conclusive, but I thought I would post here anyway in case someone has some insight that might help.)

I was scrolling through my NPL and, with a show highlighted, hit Select. The screen cleared and brought up a blank screen -- the kind that normally has the show and episode name, description, length, channel, etc. -- that sat for 1 or 2 seconds. After that, it dumped back to the NPL.

So I tried it on a few more. As it happens, this occurs with EVERYTHING in my NPL. I brought it up in the 6.3 thread, and a few others chimed in with similar results. On the other hand, you can watch the video fine if you highlight it and you just push Play (we'll call this the "Tyler" workaround).

It seems we were all doing some work in TWP prior to noticing this problem...most specifically, mucking about with Season Passes, though I also did a crapload of stuff in ChannelPrefs. But I did create maybe half a dozen SPs or so, and deleted a few, and re-ordered a bunch, all from TWP.

Additional information: upon bootup, I see tons and tons of messages like these:
Sep 18 17:49:47 (none) dbquerycache[380]: ChannelListItemData::LoadChannel() found channel with surf bit 0 and record bit 1 (they should match). Channel is ChannelListItemData members: idChannelM = 3584/3858, numM = 58-2, idStationM = 785189, idApgChannelM = 824038, nProgramNumM = 65535, idTransportStreamM = 65535, iSourceM = 0, nFrequencyIndexM = 127, eSignalTypeM = 6, eServiceTierM = 1, eConnectorM = 0, fSurfM = 1, fRecordM = 1, fFavoriteM = 0, fInGuideM = 1, fAtscM = 0, fHighDefM = 0, fLocalOnlyM = 0. Bac
Sep 18 17:49:47 (none) dbquerycache[380]: ChannelListItemData::LoadChannel() found channel with surf bit 0 and record bit 1 (they should match). Channel is ChannelListItemData members: idChannelM = 3584/3860, numM = 6-1, idStationM = 785192, idApgChannelM = 824040, nProgramNumM = 65535, idTransportStreamM = 65535, iSourceM = 0, nFrequencyIndexM = 127, eSignalTypeM = 6, eServiceTierM = 1, eConnectorM = 0, fSurfM = 1, fRecordM = 1, fFavoriteM = 0, fInGuideM = 1, fAtscM = 0, fHighDefM = 0, fLocalOnlyM = 0. Back
Sep 18 17:49:47 (none) dbquerycache[380]: ChannelListItemData::LoadChannel() found channel with surf bit 0 and record bit 1 (they should match). Channel is ChannelListItemData members: idChannelM = 3584/3861, numM = 58-1, idStationM = 785194, idApgChannelM = 824041, nProgramNumM = 65535, idTransportStreamM = 65535, iSourceM = 0, nFrequencyIndexM = 127, eSignalTypeM = 6, eServiceTierM = 1, eConnectorM = 0, fSurfM = 1, fRecordM = 1, fFavoriteM = 0, fInGuideM = 1, fAtscM = 0, fHighDefM = 0, fLocalOnlyM = 0. BacpThese are in /var/log/tverr. What's more, when I try to select something from the NPL, I get entries like this:
Sep 18 16:56:11 (none) findActionsInfo[269]: FindProgramSourcesForShowingNoRetry: GetDisplayTitleNoRetry, err: 0xffff
Sep 18 16:56:11 (none) findActionsInfo[269]: FillInRestNoRetry: FindProgramSourcesForShowingNoRetry, err: 0xffff
Sep 18 16:56:15 (none) findActionsInfo[269]: FindProgramSourcesForShowingNoRetry: GetDisplayTitleNoRetry, err: 0xffff
Sep 18 16:56:15 (none) findActionsInfo[269]: FillInRestNoRetry: FindProgramSourcesForShowingNoRetry, err: 0xffffThoughts?

John1980
09-18-2006, 04:56 PM
Additional information: upon bootup, I see tons and tons of messages like these:
Sep 18 17:49:47 (none) dbquerycache[380]: ChannelListItemData::LoadChannel() found channel with surf bit 0 and record bit 1 (they should match).

I can't see how this situation could happen? The culprit should be ChannelPrefs, but the version included in the newer distributions (>=1.2.2) never set the record bit to 1... in fact they either set both record and surf to "0", or remove the entries all together. This logic could be wrong for newer versions of the software?

You may wish to debug this further by having a look at those entries in the MFS and checking to see if there is a record bit set to "1", or is it just missing?

BTUxNine
09-18-2006, 04:58 PM
the record and surf values being at odds could definitely be an artifact of using TWP to change which channels you receive... If it's griping, I'll change the new code so it adjusts both values.

Are you saying that people with 6.3 who haven't been using twp don't have the pause?

p.s. I assume they are defaulting, as we are, so the bit isn't truly 1, it's that the field isn't there

cheer
09-18-2006, 05:20 PM
The culprit for the dbquery 0/1 thing could be ChanPrefs -- at least one user has reported not getting those messages, so perhaps the FindProgramSourcesForShowingNoRetry errors are unrelated.

So where do I go to look at the dbquery entries in MFS? I've been browsing through ApgChannel and so forth but I don't see a way to find the surf bit/record bit values.

BTUxNine
09-18-2006, 05:24 PM
the only way to get to them is through /Setup (ugly)... it'd be easy enough to write code that loops through and fixes 'em up

rbird
09-18-2006, 07:15 PM
All past versions of the info module within TW/TWP have been "dumb" in the sense that they just assume that the sizes for the live cache are set to the default. I think it's probable that a large percentage of us here use bufferhack to extend our live buffer, thus changing the size of each buffer chunk. The info module should ideally be able to find the actual size of these chunks and calculate the correct amount of space used. I'm not sure how you'd accomplish this dynamically, but for my own personal modifications to TWP I found the fsid of a buffer chunk in using the MFS browser and then used mfs_info to find its size.

Bob

cheer
09-18-2006, 08:30 PM
OK, I think the dbquerycache errors were a red herring. Thanks to BTUxNine, I've managed to clear all of those up...but my root problem is still present, and I still get this:
Sep 18 23:23:47 (none) findActionsInfo[274]: FindProgramSourcesForShowingNoRetry: GetDisplayTitleNoRetry, err: 0xffff
Sep 18 23:23:47 (none) findActionsInfo[274]: FillInRestNoRetry: FindProgramSourcesForShowingNoRetry, err: 0xffff

dave7101
09-18-2006, 09:41 PM
i know i've seen this recently, but for the life of me i can't find the thread..

my time via tivoweb 1.40 is showing one hour behind actual time... must be a DST thing, but i can't find a config var to fix this... anyone know what to tweak...

this is an hr10-250

found it... nevermind :-)

John1980
09-19-2006, 03:32 AM
my time via tivoweb 1.40 is showing one hour behind actual time... must be a DST thing, but i can't find a config var to fix this... anyone know what to tweak...

found it... nevermind :-)

Is this something new? Has your country recently had a DST changeover? How did you fix this?

John1980
09-19-2006, 06:12 AM
All past versions of the info module within TW/TWP have been "dumb" in the sense that they just assume that the sizes for the live cache are set to the default.

Try distribution 060919 and let me know if it has fixed the problem.

John1980
09-19-2006, 07:02 AM
I still get this:
Sep 18 23:23:47 (none) findActionsInfo[274]: FindProgramSourcesForShowingNoRetry: GetDisplayTitleNoRetry, err: 0xffff
Sep 18 23:23:47 (none) findActionsInfo[274]: FillInRestNoRetry: FindProgramSourcesForShowingNoRetry, err: 0xffff

I have no idea what could be going wrong here. I could only suggest and mfscheck or possibly even an mfsassert to try and clear the problem - however you do need to be careful as you may end up losing your recordings.

dave7101
09-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Has anyone tried mfscheck/assert with any success as yet? I know someone indicated previously that a c&D seemed to fix the issue, but it was far from conclusive as i recall (whomever that was, if your reading... problem still solved, or has it reoccured?)

dave7101
09-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Is this something new? Has your country recently had a DST changeover? How did you fix this?

Found this in another post...
UseDaylightSavings is set to 1 in /State/LocationConfig, but the check in httpd-tt.tcl is checking for the value "2". Try changing "if { $daylightsavings == 2 }" to "if { $daylightsavings != 0 }" in httpd-tt.tcl. Works for me with 7.2.2b, though I'm not sure if it does the right thing on other software versions.

fixed the 1 hour lag issue that i had on my hd10-250 which is in the eastern time zone when using 1.4.x with 6.3 (not a problem in 3.1.x)

cheer
09-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Has anyone tried mfscheck/assert with any success as yet? I know someone indicated previously that a c&D seemed to fix the issue, but it was far from conclusive as i recall (whomever that was, if your reading... problem still solved, or has it reoccured?)
JohnSorTivo reported that after a C&DE things were fine...but I'm not ready to go that route just yet. Still ~ 80g of shows I don't want to lose.

Tonight (either after prime time or late afternoon) I'll try an mfscheck and see what happens...and, if necessary, I may then try an mfsassert.

ryan94z
09-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Excuse my ignorance here, but I recently upgraded to to TWP 1.3.1 on my HDTivo with 6.3 and notice that the "Screen" option is no longer there; there is still a screen.itcl module in the modules/ directory but it doesn't show up as an option under UI. Is this on purpose?

The reason I ask is because I used it to put the Tivo on standby remotely in order to gain a little extra speed with MFS_FTP or TivoWeb. Is there a way to put the tivo in standby through the command line? Then there wouldn't been a need for the screen module.

cheer
09-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Excuse my ignorance here, but I recently upgraded to to TWP 1.3.1 on my HDTivo with 6.3 and notice that the "Screen" option is no longer there; there is still a screen.itcl module in the modules/ directory but it doesn't show up as an option under UI. Is this on purpose?

The reason I ask is because I used it to put the Tivo on standby remotely in order to gain a little extra speed with MFS_FTP or TivoWeb. Is there a way to put the tivo in standby through the command line? Then there wouldn't been a need for the screen module.

Yes, it's on purpose -- screen (as well as the web remote) don't work on 6.x. Not really any workaround, although you can try setting up manual recordings for non-existent channels remotely -- tuning both tuners to non-existent channels achieves what you really want (and more reliably than standby does).

angra
09-19-2006, 06:05 PM
I will certainly help with testing, tweaking, etc., and I'm sure you'll get lots of other volunteers (many far more capable than I).

This is no ssmall effort; these guys seem quite committed, and if what we see so far in 1.4 is any indication, good things are afoot.

great, I will give it some thought when I get back from my trip. there are some non trivial UI issues to figure out for something like this, but I'll come up with something and post. I hope. Unless I get distracted :)

rayik
09-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but can't change show details.

User Interface > Now Playing > (selected show) > Edit Program (under "Actions") brings up the edit screen okay.

Can make changes, however no way to save the changes. No "save" button. Above the show details there is " puts $chan "

Don't know if this is just not implemented yet. Just bringing it to your attention. SA2 running 7.3.1-oth-01-2-140. TVP version is: 1.4.0 (oztivo-060919)

John1980
09-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but can't change show details.

User Interface > Now Playing > (selected show) > Edit Program (under "Actions") brings up the edit screen okay.

Can make changes, however no way to save the changes. No "save" button.

I will fix that tonight (060920).

Cheezmo
09-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Here is a quick change to logos.itcl to improve rendering of the pages while waiting for all the logos to load (so it isn't constantly resizing things in some browsers).

176,177c176,177
< if {$logo1 == ""} { set logo1 "(none)" } else { set logo1 [img "" "$logo1-s1-p1.png"] }
< if {$logo2 == ""} { set logo2 "(none)" } else { set logo2 [img "" "$logo2-s2-p2.png"] }
---
> if {$logo1 == ""} { set logo1 "(none)" } else { set logo1 [img "WIDTH=65 HEIGHT=55" "$logo1-s1-p1.png"] }
> if {$logo2 == ""} { set logo2 "(none)" } else { set logo2 [img "WIDTH=100 HEIGHT=35" "$logo2-s2-p2.png"] }
576c576,580
< set link [img "BORDER=0 alt=\"logo\"" "$name$imgsuffix.png"]
---
> if {$logotype == 1} {
> set link [img "BORDER=0 WIDTH=65 HEIGHT=55 alt=\"logo\"" "$name$imgsuffix.png"]
> } else {
> set link [img "BORDER=0 WIDTH=100 HEIGHT=35 alt=\"logo\"" "$name$imgsuffix.png"]
> }
615,616c619,620
< if {$logo1 == ""} { set logo1 "(none)" } else { set logo1 [img "" "$logo1-s1-p1.png"] }
< if {$logo2 == ""} { set logo2 "(none)" } else { set logo2 [img "" "$logo2-s2-p2.png"] }
---
> if {$logo1 == ""} { set logo1 "(none)" } else { set logo1 [img "WIDTH=65 HEIGHT=55" "$logo1-s1-p1.png"] }
> if {$logo2 == ""} { set logo2 "(none)" } else { set logo2 [img "WIDTH=100 HEIGHT=35" "$logo2-s2-p2.png"] }

John1980
09-20-2006, 01:01 AM
Here is a quick change to logos.itcl to improve rendering of the pages

Thanks, Will include in tonights bundles (060920).

THardie
09-20-2006, 01:37 AM
If the guys that develop TWP need access to a system running 6.3, I'll be happy to put up a system you guys can play with. I've got a spare HR10-250 you could bang on (and if you nuke it, I can reload it).

Would that help you guys get the 6.3 stuff figured out?

Basically, we're all not touching TWP at the moment, since if you do anything (look is fine, but don't change anything) your system can get badly hosed.

I scheduled a season pass, and all my season passes went bye, bye, and I couldn't look at program info for stuff in my NP...

John1980
09-20-2006, 02:20 AM
If the guys that develop TWP need access to a system running 6.3, I'll be happy to put up a system you guys can play with.
That would really help with testing. I currently only have access to a UK 2.5.5 and US 3.0 system.

Basically, we're all not touching TWP at the moment, since if you do anything (look is fine, but don't change anything) your system can get badly hosed.

I scheduled a season pass, and all my season passes went bye, bye, and I couldn't look at program info for stuff in my NP...
Was this using TWP 1.2.2 or above ??? I can't imagine how this could happen, but if I can duplicate it then I can fix it.

THardie
09-20-2006, 02:30 AM
That would really help with testing. I currently only have access to a UK 2.5.5 and US 3.0 system.

Was this using TWP 1.2.2 or above ??? I can't imagine how this could happen, but if I can duplicate it then I can fix it.

This was 1.3.1. I can try it with 1.4, but everyone else was reporting same corruption. Looks like they've moved a bunch of stuff around.

I'll get the HR10-250 setup, on public IP, and I'll PM you the IP address.

JohnSorTivo
09-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Has anyone tried mfscheck/assert with any success as yet? I know someone indicated previously that a c&D seemed to fix the issue, but it was far from conclusive as i recall (whomever that was, if your reading... problem still solved, or has it reoccured?)Sorry, just decided to jump over to this thread to check in on the chatter, and saw your post. That someone was me, and yes, as cheer stated, my system is purring like a kitten (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=264412&postcount=649) ever since the C&DE. Another poster was brave enough to attempt some season pass editing via TWP, right after a C&D rectified the issue, and was able to replicate the problem (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=264453&postcount=672).

THardie
09-20-2006, 02:31 PM
So, it sounds like it might just be a problem with season passes - If anyone else wants access to the HR10-250 I've setup for test purposes, drop me a PM.

John1980
09-20-2006, 04:58 PM
When a season pass is deleted a gap is left in the priorities... this is how previous software versions did it, but it could be that the new 6.3 gets upset with it. I will alter the code to "close up" the gaps (should not be hard as all the code is already in there for the season pass reordering functionality). Should have it out in time for the next release (060921).

Hmm... there are also links from /SeasonPass/User into /SeasonPass/SeriesStation... so looks like anything altering the SeasonPasses will now also have to alter the SeriesStation entries.

THardie
09-20-2006, 05:09 PM
When a season pass is deleted a gap is left in the priorities... this is how previous software versions did it, but it could be that the new 6.3 gets upset with it. I will alter the code to "close up" the gaps (should not be hard as all the code is already in there for the season pass reordering functionality). Should have it out in time for the next release (060921).
Can you test it on the HR10-250 I setup for you to test on, and I'll verify it through the UI?

John1980
09-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Can you test it on the HR10-250 I setup for you to test on, and I'll verify it through the UI?

Actually, if you could setup a season pass under the GUI then I would appreciate it. I want to know if it starts its database numbering from 0 or 1, as this could also upset it. Some modules seem to assume 1 and others 0.

THardie
09-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Actually, if you could setup a season pass under the GUI then I would appreciate it. I want to know if it starts its database numbering from 0 or 1, as this could also upset it. Some modules seem to assume 1 and others 0.OK, I'll be back home in around 5 hours - I'll do it then and let you know when it's done.

THardie
09-21-2006, 01:39 AM
OK, I'll be back home in around 5 hours - I'll do it then and let you know when it's done.
OK, season pass created.

THardie
09-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Also, I just tested restoring season passes through the backup program under 6.3 - That doesn't work either. It also causes the Season pass manager screen to change to "You have no season passes" :(

John1980
09-21-2006, 02:53 AM
Also, I just tested restoring season passes through the backup program under 6.3 - That doesn't work either. It also causes the Season pass manager screen to change to "You have no season passes" :(

Thanks for creating the SeasonPass... it definitely starts at 0. I am not sure if the gaps in the numbering would cause problems as deleteing SP's via the GUI also leaves a gap in the numbering (this can be tested by looking at the entries in /mfs/SeasonPass/User, then deleting a SeasonPass and checking to see if there is a gap in the numbers - note that the GUI displays priorities one higher than that in the database).

If you could also "break" the test system I am using then I can have a look to see if I can spot an inconsistency in the database?

THardie
09-21-2006, 03:06 AM
If you could also "break" the test system I am using then I can have a look to see if I can spot an inconsistency in the database?
OK, it's now broken. The UI shows only the season pass created through the UI, and at the top of the same page says "There are no season passes".

John1980
09-21-2006, 03:28 AM
OK, it's now broken. The UI shows only the season pass created through the UI, and at the top of the same page says "There are no season passes".

The first season pass (Justice) has an odd entry which I have not seen before called NPkChannelDefinition:

SeasonPass 2989445/10 {
Version = 2
MaxRecordings = 5
NpkChannelDefinition = 114 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1644167168 256 959514112 3225397 1 266 65792 327680 16777474 1 1448364807 5522517 65536 524288 1376258 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 272 -13105664 16777215 2131558401 365 512
Priority = 0
Series = 2947347/-1
Station = 2939945/-1
IndexPath = /SeasonPass/User/000~2989445 /SeasonPass/SeriesStation/002cf913:002cdc29~2989445
}

The second (CSI) looks more like what I would have expected:

SeasonPass 2989506/10 {
Version = 1
Type = 1
Priority = 1
Series = 2947133/-1
ShowStatus = 0
Station = 2939947/-1
RecordQuality = 100
MaxRecordings = 5
IndexPath = /SeasonPass/User/001~2989506 /SeasonPass/SeriesStation/002cf83d:002cdc2b~2989506
}

It could be that the structure of the SeasonPass entry has changed?

BTUxNine
09-21-2006, 04:17 AM
Hopefully, the investigation into this issue may help with the hit-or-miss nature of scheduling SPs under 6.2 (sometimes they schedule recordings, sometimes they don't - zombie SPs)

THardie
09-21-2006, 01:30 PM
The second (CSI) looks more like what I would have expected

It could be that the structure of the SeasonPass entry has changed?

Yup, I would say that is has, since the Justice season pass works correctly, and the CSI one doesn't.

John1980
09-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Yup, I would say that is has, since the Justice season pass works correctly, and the CSI one doesn't.

:( First impressions are that this is going to be very hard to fix as there is very little information available concerning that "NpkChannelDefinition" parameter. If that parameter is used/required then it could take a fair bit of trial and error to decode it and keep its settings valid.

The upside is that I do like a challenge... however (to be completely honest) the downside is that it is very unlikely that I will ever be using 6.3 (I am stuck with v2.5.5 and v3.0 where I live) so the motivation to spend a lot of time on this particular problem to get it resolved quickly is lacking. Trial and error is also a pretty slow approach particularly when I can't access the darn GUI (would not be a problem if the screen module (http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/screen.htm) worked on the series 2 units!!!).

This error will be the same in all versions of TivoWeb and TivoWebPlus. The safest approach in the meantime would be to stay clear of the modules that mess with Season Passes until this has been resolved (do not try to create, delete, edit or reorder Season Passes via TW/TWP) - unfortunately these are by far the most useful features!!!.

Getting feedback on healthy and broken configurations is going to be the key in fixing this. MFS dumps of the /SeasonPass/User tree are likely to be the most helpful.

I will keep plugging away at it, and many, many thanks to yourself for the remote access to a v6.3 system as without this the task would be impossible.

John1980
09-21-2006, 07:10 PM
The latest bunch of channel structure changes from BTUxNine has been released as 060921. He's done a great job and I have yet to find any bugs. There are a couple of things that people may notice as a few "features" previously available will require re-engineering for the new structures.

1. The "callsign" parameter for the Manual Recording module is required for the conflict resolution module as well as a few other external schedulers (as the fsid's are not going to be the same on both units).

2. The recent addition of height and width settings for the channel icons is not implemented in this release (this is a minor cosmetic annoyance).

THardie
09-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Trial and error is also a pretty slow approach particularly when I can't access the darn GUI (would not be a problem if the screen module (http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/screen.htm) worked on the series 2 units!!!).
How about if I pointed a webcam at the TV, and you could use the web remote?

John1980
09-21-2006, 07:28 PM
How about if I pointed a webcam at the TV, and you could use the web remote?

Oddly enough that would work pretty well. My main "development period" would be from 5am to 11am GMT (by my calculations I think that is 9pm-3am your time?), so anytime during that period could come in handy. I am guessing it may be best to have your end setup from 9pm-10pm (localtime)?. This would allow me to try some break/fix tactics.

Update: As BTUxNine has just pointed out, the web remote module is not available under v6.3 :(

BTUxNine
09-21-2006, 08:32 PM
umm... doesn't web remote require the ability to insert keypress events? I didn't think that was available on any s/w >4.x

re:issues with my modifications
1) I wasn't aware that manual record was being called externally, which is why I didn't put much effort into supporting that... now that I do, I can probably fix it fairly easily

2) with logo sizing, it should be pretty trivial to just ALWAYS have the routine automatically size the tag... I was planning on adding that

John1980
09-21-2006, 08:50 PM
re:issues with my modifications

:) I'm not sure what you have done could be classified as modifications... that level of effort would definitely fall into the re-write classification :)

Some seriously good work in there. I've just had a little time to have a look at the new index.itcl and love the new functions an mechanism for accessing/caching the channel information. The changes are very much appreciated and should really help out the DTivo crowd.

I'm not sure the "NpkChannelDefinition issue" can easily be resolved without help from somebody at TiVo Inc. I am kind of hoping this field can just be removed/ignored - but that is probably what is causing the issues that those running v6.3 are having :(

THardie
09-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Update: As BTUxNine has just pointed out, the web remote module is not available under v6.3 :(
Let me see if I can come up with something else creative. I'll play with it when I get home tonight. As for times, the system can be available 24/7 - I'm not using it for anything else :)

John1980
09-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Let me see if I can come up with something else creative.

If you tape the remote to the TV and then wire up a robot with a pencil that I can crontrol over the web then we should have it sorted :)

THardie
09-21-2006, 09:47 PM
If you tape the remote to the TV and then wire up a robot with a pencil that I can crontrol over the web then we should have it sorted :)Hehehe. Very funny :D

I've got a sling box I'll hook up to the puppy and give you access to - That should keep you out of mischief :)

THardie
09-21-2006, 11:51 PM
If you tape the remote to the TV and then wire up a robot with a pencil that I can crontrol over the web then we should have it sorted :)
Check your PM - the SlingBox is up and running. Let me know if you have any questions/problems.

ryan94z
09-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Check your PM - the SlingBox is up and running. Let me know if you have any questions/problems.

Slingbox! That's exactly what I was going to suggest. I think I speak for a lot of HDTivo owners when I say a huge thanks for providing a remote test system for John1980 to play on, and of course a huge thanks to John1980 and BTUxNine for taking the time to look at this problem even though it'll probably never affect them.

THardie
09-22-2006, 01:03 AM
Slingbox! That's exactly what I was going to suggest. I think I speak for a lot of HDTivo owners when I say a huge thanks for providing a remote test system for John1980 to play on, and of course a huge thanks to John1980 and BTUxNine for taking the time to look at this problem even though it'll probably never affect them.
You're welcome, and let me add my thanks to John1980!

John - I'll be in your neck of the woods in December - Let me know if you'd like something from Stateside :)

John1980
09-22-2006, 03:11 AM
Damn... I was not aware the slingbox stuff handled remotes this well... there is a little bit of a lag, but all-in-all it's quite impressive.

John1980
09-22-2006, 03:20 AM
Okay... the v6.3 issue with the Now Playing list only working if you hit "play" rather than "Select" is solved by removing the old-format (those without NpkChannelDefinition field) Season Passes from the TiVo.

So I know how to fix the problem... just need to work out how to create a season pass that will be accepted by the new software!

THardie
09-22-2006, 03:22 AM
Damn... I was not aware the slingbox stuff handled remotes this well... there is a little bit of a lag, but all-in-all it's quite impressive.
Awesome! I'm glad we have something that lets you play around :)

BTUxNine
09-22-2006, 03:28 AM
yeah, but that robot arm pressing buttons would've been cool, too :rolleyes:

John1980
09-22-2006, 03:33 AM
Hmm... the following are some NpkChannelDefinition values... there is a bit of a pattern, but nothing that looks particularly sensible :(

NpkChannelDefinition = 114 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1644167168 256 959514112 3225397 1 266 65792 327680 16777474 1 1448364807 5522517 65536 524288 1376258 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 272 -13105664 16777215 2131558401 365 512
NpkChannelDefinition = 114 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1644167168 256 825361920 3487799 1 266 65792 327680 16777483 1 1414417159 5522518 65536 524288 1310722 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 272 -15989248 16777215 2131558401 493 512
NpkChannelDefinition = 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256 808519168 3682612 1 266 66304 196608 65550 1392836608 3420486 65536 524288 11927554 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 25496592 33554432

Okay... Season Passes under v6.3 definitely require NpkChannelDefinition to be set, and have a valid value. I can create Season Passes using one of the above values (or replace a value of an existing entry) and it will keep the TiVo happy... but this does affect the Season Pass's "channel", as the value encoded in NpkChannelDefinition is being used rather than the value of the Station field. This may just be a cosmetic thing... or it may stop the Season Pass from recording correctly depending on which field the scheduler uses.

I don't think I will be able to figure out the correct value to place in this field, and I am damn sure the the above values will not work on somebody else's TiVo :( The best I can probably do is take the value of an existing SP and use that for ones created under TWP.

I might have a play and get something for people to test. The channels will still display correctly under TWP, and I am pretty sure you can use everything under TWP as long as you do not create Season Passes. I am pretty sure you can delete, edit and reprioritise them without upsetting it.

John1980
09-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Distribution 060922 contains partial support for the new v6.3 Season Pass format. It's no where near perfect but should not cause the issues previously seen when season passes were created via TW/TWP on these units.

The Season Pass channel may display incorrectly when viewed via the Tivo UI Menu, and I am not yet sure if Season Passes created via TWP will even record, but they should not trigger the Now Playing play/select bug.

If people are willing to give it a go and see if the SP's do record then this could be a temporary fix until the correct SP format can be found (which could be quite a while away).

The distribution can be downloaded here (http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/TivoWebPlus).

Update: The incorrect channel is being recorded. I have changed the code so that it will only create a Season Pass if a "real" has already been created for that channel via the TiVo UI.

rayik
09-22-2006, 07:13 AM
Fix for changing program info works fine.

It's amazing how much faster this alpha is than 1.3.1.

FYI, noticed this error message when starting tivoweb with console option. This is on a SA2 running 7.3.1-oth-01-2-140

-running init_channelindex
-Getting basic channel data for 1 channels
-Getting basic channel data for 1 channels
-Getting basic channel data for 321 channels
--Sorted 323 channels
-running init_logoindex
--threw error can't unset "logoTable": no such variable
while executing
"unset logoTable"
(procedure "init_logoindex" line 4)
invoked from within
"$pname"
-running init_logoindex; attempt 2
while executing
"unset logoTable"
invoked from within
"$pname"
-running init_logoindex; attempt 3
while executing
"unset logoTable"
invoked from within
"$pname"
-error running init_logoindex; aborted - can't unset "logoTable": no such variab
le
while executing
"unset logoTable"
invoked from within
"$pname"

BTUxNine
09-22-2006, 05:35 PM
ok... that init_logo bug's fixed (used [] instead of {} )

Comedian
09-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Hmm... the following are some NpkChannelDefinition values... there is a bit of a pattern, but nothing that looks particularly sensible :(

John-

How are you dumping the NPKChannelDefinition values? I'm not a coder but I might be able to enlist some pattern recognition skills to try and crack the format.

SteveT
09-23-2006, 09:00 PM
John-
How are you dumping the NPKChannelDefinition values? I'm not a coder but I might be able to enlist some pattern recognition skills to try and crack the format.John may have a better way, but here's what I did to see them:
using the v1.4.0 (oztivo-060922) version, find the following code in ui.itcl:
puts $chan [tr "" $rowstr]should be line 4123. Insert the following code after that line:
set NpkChannelDefinition ""
set NpkChannelDefinition [dbobj $sp get NpkChannelDefinition]
if {$NpkChannelDefinition != ""} {
foreach NpkCDitem $NpkChannelDefinition {
puts -nonewline $chan [td "<small><small><small>$NpkCDitem</small></small></small>"]
}
}It ain't pretty, but it'll dump the list of values in TWP's Season Pass page (following each existing entry). The last dump gets duplicated or something, so you might need to ignore it.

John1980
09-23-2006, 09:12 PM
How are you dumping the NPKChannelDefinition values?

You can see the value of this field by browsing the database using the MFS module (found under the "more..." menu). You will find a list of all your SeasonPasses under http://tivo-ip-address/mfs/SeasonPass/User and if you click on the individual ones you will find the NpkChannelDefinition values (which you could then past into notepad, etc so that they can be compared easier).

BTUxNine
09-23-2006, 09:32 PM
you could also get an overview (lots of data) by typing:
mfs_dumpobj -r /SeasonPass/User

at a bash prompt-- redirecting it to a file and viewing it locally may be easier than seeing 1 object at a time in mfs

SpoonsJTD
09-23-2006, 10:53 PM
John-

How are you dumping the NPKChannelDefinition values? I'm not a coder but I might be able to enlist some pattern recognition skills to try and crack the format.

Guys, the NpkChannelDefinition is defined in the IDL, at least for messages. I'm guessing it corresponds pretty closely with the data schema for the database. I'm working on an offline IDL browser in vanilla HTML that let's you browse all the message definitions using hyperlinks to follow types. I believe ADH has mentioned a facility in tivosh that lets you look at the definitions. I think it is now in 6.3 since 6.3 is in the SA 7.x generation of code. I've never used it.

As a start:
TvNpkChannelDefinition
unsigned long long - idChannel
string - idGuideSource
enum - channelBits
struct - eSourceType
struct - channelNumber
string - strCallSign
string - strLongName
string - strDescription
struct - logo
anystruct - staleInfo
anystruct - networkInfo

These are all 'optional' too meaning a byte precedes each field that says whether the field is included in the data or not. I'm not real familiar with the mfs db, it may be that there is no such thing as optional. I can provide the eSourceType and channelNumber definitions if needed. Can someone looking at the data for npkchanneldefinition do a sanity check to see if the data matches up at all with the IDL definition?

Edit: I looked at the values from TWP using the URL mentioned above. How does TWP decide how to group the numbers? Is this an array of numbers that come back from the mfs export?

BTUxNine
09-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Nice catch, SpoonsJTD... it'll help immeasurably

SpoonsJTD
09-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Nice catch, SpoonsJTD... it'll help immeasurably

Well, maybe, admittedly at first glance the numbers I see from TWP for NpkChannelDef don't 'magically' align with the definition from the IDL like I was hoping they might, although looking at them as bytes might help to visually correlate.

SpoonsJTD
09-23-2006, 11:22 PM
There's a definition for TvSchedulerSeasonPassRequest in the IDL that has similar fields as the mfs definition for the season pass:

idSeries
idStation
options
filter
npkChannelDefinition

Looks like a different order and a couple fields are different. The IDL and mfs schema may not line up perfectly like I initially thought, but hopefully the IDL can provide some strong clues as to what the field definition is for npkchanneldefinition so you don't have to start from scratch.

zen_monk
09-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Hi

I've been trying the new TWP package and I love it. I initially installed tivowebplus-beta-060918.tgz to try it out. Today I tried the latest package i.e. tivowebplus-beta-060924.tgz and found that downloading of recordings no longer works for me. e.g. in Firefox if I clicked on .tmf/.ty links it took the expected long time whereas in the new version it returns immediately claiming the file has been downloaded.

Reverted back to the older version and it worked again. I'm running a Dtivo with 6.2.

John1980
09-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Today I tried the latest package i.e. tivowebplus-beta-060924.tgz and found that downloading of recordings no longer works for me.

Thanks for the feedback. This beta version has been undergoing a large number of changes and while BTUx9 and myself do quite a bit of regression testing we can't realistically test everything. I'll have a look at this issue tonight and get it fixed up for you.

PS: Please keep testing the new versions as BTUx9 has been doing some great work getting the product working reliably on the DTivo units as well as improving both the reload mechanism and speed.

SteveT
09-24-2006, 09:17 PM
It looks like the channelprefs module is broken in 1.4.0. The update page gives the expected messages, but the channel does not change on the Tivo. Receive nor Favorites. I've tried it at 6.2 and 6.3 with the same result. Reverting to 1.3.1 restores the functionality.
I spent a few minutes trying to debug, but since all the channel details and links have been removed (in the interest of speed?), I am not yet able to determine what is broken.

I also noticed that the decimal channels (such as the HD locals) are now missing from the list at 1.4.0.

BTUxNine
09-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Thanx for the heads up... I'll look into it... any chance you could dump the apgchannel info for a valid local that's been removed?

gjetson
09-24-2006, 09:56 PM
You may be aware of this but thought I would mention. The save function in the nowshowing edit program is no longer available in the 1.4.0 TWP release. I also want to say the performance etc. of this new version is great! 21Thanks for all your efforts!

BTUxNine
09-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Anyone who runs across bugs like this, PLEASE report them... this is really alpha or beta s/w being released, and we can't test out all the TWP functions each time we make a change.

re: channel issues
- the extra channel info wasn't removed, I introduced a bug... it's now fixed in CVS (so should be in this release or the next)
- channelprefs not changing the status on the tivo is also all my fault... I didn't flip the Surf field when I flipped the Record. Unfortunately, for those who have made changes to channels, those fields may still be out of whack... I'm posting an item in the SysAdmin module "Fix Surf"... run it if you've made any changes to channels with TWP 1.4

Sorry for the inconvenience

John1980
09-25-2006, 07:33 AM
The save function in the nowshowing edit program is no longer available in the 1.4.0 TWP release.

That was fixed a while back. The latest CVS changes have been placed in tonights bundle (060925).

beejaycee
09-25-2006, 10:14 AM
This could have been caused by the way I upgraded -- I extracted the latest copy on my PC (v1.40 060925) and then ftp'ed it all over, overwriting the older version (v1.40 060918) while allowing me to keep all of my modules not distributed with the zip file. When I start TWP, I get:

BedroomTiVo-bash# ./tivoweb
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 62: elf_get_dynamic_info: Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!
BedroomTiVo-bash#

Also, it seems that this latest release 'broke' hackman v4.2.4.

I forgot to add: I have a D-TiVo HDVR2 running 6.2. Mea culpa!

Cheezmo
09-25-2006, 01:50 PM
The 060925 build won't load properly on my HR10-250 with 6.3a...

TivoWebPlus - v1.4.0 (1.4.0 (oztivo-060925))
The program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This program is licensed under the GPL.
See the 'docs/copyright' and 'docs/index.html' files
for copyright and credit information.
Loading libs...
util
sendkey
html
index
http
-running init_channelList--threw error object not found (TV_NM_NAME_NOT_FOUND)

while executing
"mfs find $path"
invoked from within
"set id [mfs find $path]"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {set id [mfs find $path]}"
(procedure "myFind" line 2)
invoked from within
"myFind $path"
(procedure "loadFromState" line 3)
invoked from within
"loadFromState $varname"
(procedure "needsReload" line 10)
invoked from within
"needsReload channelList /Setup"
(procedure "init_channelList" line 2)
invoked from within
"$pname"
-error running init_channelList; aborted - object not found (TV_NM_NAME_NOT_FOUND)

John1980
09-25-2006, 05:15 PM
This could have been caused by the way I upgraded -- I extracted the latest copy on my PC (v1.40 060925) and then ftp'ed it all over, overwriting the older version (v1.40 060918) while allowing me to keep all of my modules not distributed with the zip file.

FYI: The built in "update" facility will keep your existing configuration files along with any additional modules you have installed. It essentially just unpacks the package over the top of the old one.

John1980
09-25-2006, 05:16 PM
The 060925 build won't load properly on my HR10-250 with 6.3a...

Previous packages (from 060921 through to 060925) are available at the same site. You just need to change the distribution in the filename that you are downloading:

http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus-beta-060921.tgz
http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus-beta-060922.tgz
http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus-beta-060923.tgz
http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus-beta-060924.tgz
http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus-beta-060925.tgz

BTUxNine
09-25-2006, 05:17 PM
That could be a problem if/when modules are renamed/moved (which is why when I moved index.itcl, I left a stub there)

Cheezmo
09-25-2006, 05:21 PM
I am running an earlier version now with no problems. Just wanted to try the latest.

It looks like I have an empty State/TWP directory in MFS and TWP is trying to restore settings from non-existent directories/files in there.

Previous packages (from 060921 through to 060925) are available at the same site. You just need to change the distribution in the filename that you are downloading:

http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus-beta-060921.tgz
http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus-beta-060922.tgz
http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus-beta-060923.tgz
http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus-beta-060924.tgz
http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus-beta-060925.tgz

John1980
09-25-2006, 05:32 PM
That could be a problem if/when modules are renamed/moved (which is why when I moved index.itcl, I left a stub there)
This can be (and is) handled in the update.sh script that is included in the distribution (in the 'hidden' .dist directory). The "update" process uses the existing extract.sh script to extract the latest update.sh from the bundle, and then executes it.

beejaycee
09-25-2006, 06:16 PM
FYI: The built in "update" facility will keep your existing configuration files along with any additional modules you have installed. It essentially just unpacks the package over the top of the old one.
Thanks. I updated properly (it noted that version number did not change) and the error message is gone.

Cheezmo
09-25-2006, 07:11 PM
I guess I'm a little confused. Are other people able to use the 060925 build (without the MFS errors)? Is there something I can do to get it working or are you saying it is broken and I should stick to earlier releases?

BTUxNine
09-25-2006, 08:35 PM
I guess I'm a little confused. Are other people able to use the 060925 build (without the MFS errors)? Is there something I can do to get it working or are you saying it is broken and I should stick to earlier releases?
sorry, Cheezmo... it looks like later s/w versions changed the name of the error that gets returned.

around line 255 of libs/util.itcl, change proc myFind to read:
proc myFind { path } {
if { [catch {RetryTransaction {set id [mfs find $path]}} string] } { return 0
} else {
return [lindex $id 0]
}
}

BTW, could you check in /tvlib/tcl/tv/mfslib.tcl for proc MfsFileExists, and send it to me? That's what I was working off.

Cheezmo
09-25-2006, 09:33 PM
That worked. Thanks.

SteveT
09-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Tried to use TWP 1.4.0 to extract the 6.3a tivoapp directly from mfs, and I crashed with missing variable size. I compared do_file() with TWP1.1 and found that the line
set size [mfs size $objectid]
seems to have fallen out somewhere. I added it back (immediately following the retry_transaction). I was then able to save and extract the files (including tivoapp).

This happened with both the latest (060925) 1.3.1 and 1.4.0.

John1980
09-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Tried to use TWP 1.4.0 to extract the 6.3a tivoapp directly from mfs, and I crashed with missing variable size.

Thanks for spotting that. Will fix it up tonight.

AhoyMatey
09-25-2006, 11:58 PM
Can't seem to run backup with the latest beta (on 6.2 DTivo)
action_backup '/' ''
can't read "::restore_backup_date": no such variable
while executing
"set $::restore_backup_date """
(procedure "reset_load_slots" line 3)
invoked from within
"reset_load_slots $full"
(procedure "backup_zap_store" line 2)
invoked from within
"backup_zap_store 1"
(procedure "::action_backup" line 4)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"It's been a while since I played with tcl, but restore_backup_date is a global variable that is defined near the top of the backup.itcl file:confused:

BTUxNine
09-26-2006, 03:41 AM
Can't seem to run backup with the latest beta (on 6.2 DTivo)It's been a while since I played with tcl, but restore_backup_date is a global variable that is defined near the top of the backup.itcl file:confused:
That's already been fixed in CVS... should be in John1980's next release.

John1980
09-26-2006, 08:14 AM
The latest distributions (060926) include a function available to people running v6.3 called NpkDump (found under SysAdmin) which will dump out the Stations and their Npk values for all of the existing SeasonPasses. If we can get a few people to post the output from their units then we should be able to figure out if the values differ between units.

muddy
09-26-2006, 10:20 AM
A&e, A&e, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 808519168 3486512 1 270 66304 16973824 65545 1090781184 17702 256 33556480 33557504 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 256 85015 131072
Scfi, Scfi, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 825296384 3619120 16777216 83886080 1229341523 0 65536 65536
E!, E!, 49 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 553648128 256 808519168 3749945 16777216 50331648 8517 0 1 1
Apl, Apl, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 909182464 3224371 16777216 67108864 5001281 0 256 256
Dshd, Dshd, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 825427456 3552304 16777216 83886080 1145590596 0 65536 65536
Kids, Kids, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256 909182464 3682614 1 270 66304 16973824 65574 1258618880 5456969 65536 524288 14548994 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 29556742 33554432
Trav, Trav, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256 825296384 3160113 1 270 66304 16973824 65557 1409613824 5652818 65536 524288 12058626 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 20846336 33554432
Gsn, Gsn, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 875628032 3747897 1 270 66304 16973824 65589 1191444480 20051 256 33556480 33567490 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 256 88599 131072
E!, E!, 98 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1375731712 256 808519168 3749945 1 270 66304 196608 65772 1157824512 33 1 131080 -16646118 302055679 196660 32938242 1668984 393216 385875969 319 512
Ngc, Ngc, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 875693568 3749177 1 270 66304 16973824 65556 1308884992 17223 256 33556480 33614592 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 150995200 125412 131072
Vh1, Vh1, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 825296384 3682610 1 270 66304 16973824 65615 1443102720 12616 256 33556480 33564930 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 256 91159 131072
Com, Com, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 808519168 3748913 1 270 66304 196608 65785 1124335616 19791 256 33556480 33565440 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 256 83223 131072
Gsn, Gsn, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 875628032 3747897 1 270 66304 16973824 65589 1191444480 20051 256 33556480 33567490 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 256 88599 131072
Hbo, Hbo, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 808519168 3159090 1 270 66304 16973824 65781 1208221696 20290 256 33556480 33558784 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 256 99351 131072

superdavex
09-26-2006, 10:26 AM
wvecdt, Wvecdt, 114 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1644167168 256 808650240 3354934 1 266 65792 327680 16777485 1 1163286279 5522499 65536 524288 1179650 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 272 -14088704 16777215 1225916417 380 512
Wavydt, Wavydt, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 808584704 3552820 16777216 117440512 1498825047 21572 0 1 1
Wvecdt, Wvecdt, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 808650240 3354934 16777216 117440512 1128617559 21572 0 1 1
Wtkrdt, Wtkrdt, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 808650240 3224628 16777216 117440512 1380668503 21572 0 1 1
Tnt, Tnt, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 825296384 3421745 16777216 67108864 5525076 0 256 256
Wvbt, Wvbt, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 892405248 3289650 16777216 83886080 1413633623 0 65536 65536
Wavy, Wavy, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 825296384 3291442 16777216 83886080 1498825047 0 65536 65536
Wvecdt, Wvecdt, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 808650240 3354934 16777216 117440512 1128617559 21572 0 1 1
Wavydt, Wavydt, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 808584704 3552820 16777216 117440512 1498825047 21572 0 1 1
Wtvzdt, Wtvzdt, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 808650240 3487545 16777216 117440512 1515607127 21572 0 1 1
Wtkrdt, Wtkrdt, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 808650240 3224628 16777216 117440512 1380668503 21572 0 1 1
Com, Com, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 808519168 3748913 16777216 67108864 5066563 0 256 256
Sci, Sci, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 909182464 3551542 16777216 67108864 4801363 0 256 256
Wtvzdt, Wtvzdt, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 808650240 3487545 16777216 117440512 1515607127 21572 0 1 1
Wtvzdt2, Wtvzdt2, 54 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 637534208 256 959710720 3420976 16777216 134217728 1515607127 3298372 0 256 256
Brvo, Brvo, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 808519168 3618096 16777216 83886080 1331057218 0 65536 65536
Scfi, Scfi, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 825296384 3619120 16777216 83886080 1229341523 0 65536 65536
Wavy, Wavy, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 825296384 3291442 16777216 83886080 1498825047 0 65536 65536
Com, Com, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 808519168 3748913 16777216 67108864 5066563 0 256 256
Wavydt2, Wavydt2, 54 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 637534208 256 808715776 3682613 16777216 134217728 1498825047 3298372 0 256 256
Mtv, Mtv, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 808519168 3553337 16777216 67108864 5657677 0 256 256
Sprt, Sprt, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 926156288 3159093 16777216 83886080 1414680659 0 65536 65536
Mtv, Mtv, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 808519168 3553337 16777216 67108864 5657677 0 256 256
Wvbtdt, Wvbtdt, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 808650240 3551539 16777216 117440512 1413633623 21572 0 1 1
Spd, Spd, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 909182464 3223856 16777216 67108864 4477011 0 256 256
Spd, Spd, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 909182464 3223856 16777216 67108864 4477011 0 256 256
Vh1, Vh1, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 825296384 3682610 16777216 67108864 3229782 0 256 256
Fx, Fx, 47 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 520093696 256 875693056 56 256 1480983296 0 65536 131072
Sci, Sci, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 909182464 3551542 16777216 67108864 4801363 0 256 256
Dsc, Dsc, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 825296384 3159345 16777216 67108864 4412228 0 256 256
Wvec, Wvec, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 825296384 3618105 16777216 83886080 1128617559 0 65536 65536
Life, Life, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 808519168 3682617 16777216 83886080 1162234188 0 65536 65536
Dsc, Dsc, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 825296384 3159345 16777216 67108864 4412228 0 256 256
Wavydt, Wavydt, 114 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1644167168 256 808584704 3552820 1 266 65792 327680 16777482 1 1447122695 5522521 65536 524288 1310722 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 272 -14744064 16777215 2131558401 440 512

cheer
09-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Your wish is my etc.

muddy
09-26-2006, 10:32 AM
E!, E!, 49 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 553648128 256

APL, APL, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256

DSHD, DSHD, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256
SCFI, SCFI, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256

E!, E!, 98 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1375731712 256

NGC, NGC, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256
VH1, VH1, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256
COM, COM, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256
GSN, GSN, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256
HBO, HBO, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256
GSN, GSN, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256
A&E, A&E, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256

KIDS, KIDS, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256
TRAV, TRAV, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256

First thing I noticed is on the first 6 fields they are identical for groups
of channels, like one that start with 100. My initial impression is maybe
this is satellite/transponder type info?? I will have to look for tuner
info but maybe someone else knows something common to these
groupings.. after this the values diverge but there are other 'same'
values in the strings, I am also curious how some are quite short
like E! and SCFI..

Cheezmo
09-26-2006, 10:46 AM
I guess I need to go check out what the n/a's are all about. Perhaps SP's on channels that no longer exist? Nope, they are wishlists.

UHD, UHD, 98 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1375731712 256 942736640 16790585 234881024 1 259 1241514752 256 1213531136 68 1 33685512 -16646059 302055679 196660 32938242 1668984 393216 -1574895615 375 512
KDFWDT, KDFWDT, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 959514112 3551542 16777216 117440512 1464222795 21572 0 1 1
KDFWDT, KDFWDT, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 959514112 3551542 16777216 117440512 1464222795 21572 0 1 1
WFAADT, WFAADT, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 959514112 3551798 16777216 117440512 1094796887 21572 0 1 1
KXASDT, KXASDT, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 959514112 3617334 16777216 117440512 1396791371 21572 0 1 1
WFAADT, WFAADT, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 959514112 3551798 16777216 117440512 1094796887 21572 0 1 1
KTVTDT, KTVTDT, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 808584704 3420210 16777216 117440512 1414943819 21572 0 1 1
KXASDT, KXASDT, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 959514112 3617334 16777216 117440512 1396791371 21572 0 1 1
KTVTDT, KTVTDT, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 808584704 3420210 16777216 117440512 1414943819 21572 0 1 1
SCFI, SCFI, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 825296384 3619120 16777216 83886080 1229341523 0 65536 65536
SCFI, SCFI, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 825296384 3619120 16777216 83886080 1229341523 0 65536 65536
SHOH, SHOH, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 825361920 3683896 16777216 83886080 1213155411 0 65536 65536
USA, USA, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 825296384 3616818 16777216 67108864 4281173 0 256 256
n/a, n/a,
n/a, n/a,
n/a, n/a,
n/a, n/a,
n/a, n/a,
TOON, TOON, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 842073600 3224369 16777216 83886080 1313820500 0 65536 65536
TOON, TOON, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 842073600 3224369 16777216 83886080 1313820500 0 65536 65536
KDAFDT, KDAFDT, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 909248000 3552054 16777216 117440512 1178682443 21572 0 1 1
KDAFDT, KDAFDT, 53 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 620756992 256 909248000 3552054 16777216 117440512 1178682443 21572 0 1 1
HDN, HDN, 49 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 553648128 256 825296128 12344 65536 1208221696 20036 0 1 2
VH1C, VH1C, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 842139136 3225141 16777216 83886080 1127303254 0 65536 65536
VH1C, VH1C, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 842139136 3225141 16777216 83886080 1127303254 0 65536 65536
n/a, n/a,
n/a, n/a,
n/a, n/a,
DSHD, DSHD, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 825427456 3552304 16777216 83886080 1145590596 0 65536 65536
n/a, n/a,
APL, APL, 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 909182464 3224371 16777216 67108864 5001281 0 256 256
n/a, n/a,
NKTN, NKTN, 51 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 587202560 256 808650240 3158580 16777216 83886080 1314147150 0 65536 65536
WFAADT, WFAADT, 114 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1644167168 256 959514112 3551798 1 270 65792 327680 16777480 1 1095128839 5522497 65536 524288 10751745 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 272 -16185856 16777215 2131558401 399 512
n/a, n/a,
n/a, n/a,
NIK1, NIK1, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256 825296384 3551280 1 266 66304 16973824 65579 1308950528 3230537 65536 524288 1966082 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 22419200 33554432
DIS1, DIS1, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256 808519168 3225393 1 266 66304 16973824 65570 1141178368 3232585 65536 524288 65538 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 22157056 33554432
NIK2, NIK2, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256 825296384 3616816 1 266 66304 16973824 65580 1308950528 3296073 65536 524288 4063234 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 22484736 33554432
KXASDT, KXASDT, 114 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1644167168 256 959514112 3617334 1 270 65792 327680 16777477 1 1096305415 5522515 65536 524288 10620673 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 272 -14088704 16777215 2131558401 400 512

muddy
09-26-2006, 11:29 AM
The couple I checked it looks like they are identical to mine, the
N/A I think are manual or wish list SP since they aren't tied
to a specific channel...

muddy
09-26-2006, 11:35 AM
The latest distributions (060926) include a function available to people running v6.3 called NpkDump (found under SysAdmin) which will dump out the Stations and their Npk values for all of the existing SeasonPasses. If we can get a few people to post the output from their units then we should be able to figure out if the values differ between units.

I think your size fix on the mfsbrowser broke some views.. I saw that
error also and tried to define size and got the same result, a blank
page... I want to look at this table and see if anything of
use in there but mfs tool won't show that group..
this is tyfile type but maybe it is working as looks like html source is binary..

mfs/GuideIndexV3/ChannelTable

muddy
09-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Just some unrelated information, it appears the series 3 is doing
a http get "/TiVoConnect" on all machines on the same subnet, I
happened to notice this when started tivoweb on the console, it appears
to do the get and then close the port before tivoweb can send the
404, after it keeps on repeating this non stop tivoweb sends back

puts sock13 "I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster..." :D

This is from the inital attemp, not sure if this "DOS" attack will cause some
issues to tivoweb over the long term but it continues nonstop,
I got a kick out of the message above..

[26/Sep/2006:15:05:57] "/TiVoConnect"
error writing "sock13": broken pipe
while executing
"puts $chan "Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1""
(procedure "print_html_header_404" line 5)
invoked from within
"print_html_header_404 $chan"
(procedure "::session" line 185)
invoked from within
"::session sock13 192.168.39.54 3421"

Ron

ryan94z
09-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Here is mine from a 6.3 box (not 6.3a):

A&E, A&E, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 808519168 3486512 1 270 66304 16973824 65545 1090781184 17702 256 33556480 33557504 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 256 85015 131072
CBSW, CBSW, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 892404992 16791097 234881024 1 259 1358955264 256 1111688448 22355 256 33556480 33559296 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 486539520 67673 131072
FOXW, FOXW, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 892404992 16791609 234881024 1 259 1493172992 256 1329988864 22360 256 33556480 33559808 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 486539520 104546 131072
CBSW, CBSW, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256 808519168 3618355 1 270 66304 16973824 65661 1124401152 5722946 65536 524288 1245186 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 24385280 33554432
FOXW, FOXW, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 892404992 16791609 234881024 1 259 1493172992 256 1329988864 22360 256 33556480 33559808 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 486539520 104546 131072
ABCW, ABCW, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 959513856 16790326 234881024 1 259 1459618560 256 1111557376 22339 256 33556480 33559040 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 553648384 122592 131072
ABCW, ABCW, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 959513856 16790326 234881024 1 259 1459618560 256 1111557376 22339 256 33556480 33559040 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 553648384 122592 131072
SHOH, SHOH, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256 825361920 3683896 1 270 66304 196608 65607 1392836608 4738888 65536 524288 3408386 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 31693081 33554432
MTV, MTV, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 808519168 3553337 1 270 66304 16973824 65611 1292107776 22100 256 33556480 33557248 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 256 90647 131072
FINE, FINE, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256 808650240 3552561 1 270 66304 196608 65768 1174732800 4542025 65536 524288 1442306 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 19114516 33554432
FINE, FINE, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256 808650240 3552561 1 270 66304 196608 65768 1174732800 4542025 65536 524288 1442306 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 19114516 33554432
FX, FX, 96 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1342177280 256 875693056 65592 17694720 50331648 1 16252931 1 5785091 65536 524288 13172738 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 19323138 33554432
CBSE, CBSE, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256 825296384 3224371 1 270 66304 16973824 65660 1124401152 4543298 65536 524288 1245186 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 24319744 33554432
FX, FX, 96 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1342177280 256 875693056 65592 17694720 50331648 1 16252931 1 5785091 65536 524288 13172738 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 19323138 33554432
HBOH, HBOH, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256 959514112 3683381 1 270 66304 196608 65606 1208287232 4738882 65536 524288 1114114 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 31627545 33554432
NBCW, NBCW, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 892404992 16791864 234881024 1 259 1392509696 256 1112409344 22339 256 33556480 33559552 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 436207872 67723 131072
CBSW, CBSW, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 892404992 16791097 234881024 1 259 1358955264 256 1111688448 22355 256 33556480 33559296 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 486539520 67673 131072
NBCW, NBCW, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 892404992 16791864 234881024 1 259 1392509696 256 1112409344 22339 256 33556480 33559552 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 436207872 67723 131072
BRVO, BRVO, 100 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1409286144 256 808519168 3618096 1 266 66304 16973824 65553 1107623936 5199442 65536 524288 4587522 16776962 3412481 -1727922173 2004353526 25 65542 21894912 33554432
COM, COM, 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 808519168 3748913 1 270 66304 196608 65785 1124335616 19791 256 33556480 33565440 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 256 83223 131072

gjetson
09-26-2006, 03:29 PM
You may be aware of this but thought I would mention. The save function in the nowshowing edit program is no longer available in the 1.4.0 TWP release. I also want to say the performance etc. of this new version is great! Thanks for all your efforts!

FYI, I just tried the latest version 09/26/06 and I am not finding a save button.

TivoWebPlus
v1.4.0
[192.168.1.108] /Main Menu/ /Channel Grid/ /Conflict Resolve/ /HiGuide/ /Logs/ /Mail/ /Manual Record/ /Search/ /SysAdmin/ /Theme/ /User Interface/ /What's On/ /more.../ /Restart/

Title

Episode Title

Episode Description

Episode #/Alt Episode #

Original Air Date

Showing Date

Save Until...

Actors

Guest Stars

Directors

Exec. Producers

Producers

Writers

TV Rating INTERNAL SERVER ERROR --cut here-- action_editprogram '/1613349' '' can't read "mpaaratingnums": no such variable while executing "llength $mpaaratingnums" ("uplevel" body line 234) invoked from within "uplevel $body" invoked from within "transaction {uplevel $body}" (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5) invoked from within "RetryTransaction { set rec [db $db openid $objectid] set showing [dbobj $rec get Showing] try {set actualshowing [dbobj $rec get ActualSho..." (procedure "::action_editprogram" line 25) invoked from within "::action_$action $chan $part $env" ("eval" body line 1) invoked from within "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}" --cut here--

Cheezmo
09-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Version 6.3 (recently installed on the DirecTV HR10-250's) does that also.

I moved TivoWebPlus to port 8080 to stay out of it's way, but it doesn't look like anyone is listening on port 80 by default anyway. Probably some left over MRV code or something looking for other Tivo's to talk to.

Just some unrelated information, it appears the series 3 is doing
a http get "/TiVoConnect" on all machines on the same subnet, I
happened to notice this when started tivoweb on the console, it appears
to do the get and then close the port before tivoweb can send the
404, after it keeps on repeating this non stop tivoweb sends back

puts sock13 "I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster..." :D

Ron

krypt keeper
09-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I just upgraded to 1.4.0 060926 on my HDVR2 running 6.2. Everything seems to be working great, except the search function. When I do a search for COPS for example, it finds the show, but shows nothing for "Upcoming Showings". This is for any show that I search for, even ones that I know have upcoming episodes because they show in the todo list!

LlamaLarry
09-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Here you go!

BTUxNine
09-26-2006, 05:13 PM
I just upgraded to 1.4.0 060926 on my HDVR2 running 6.2. Everything seems to be working great, except the search function. When I do a search for COPS for example, it finds the show, but shows nothing for "Upcoming Showings". This is for any show that I search for, even ones that I know have upcoming episodes because they show in the todo list!
That function (technically, action_series) is on again/off again... I've fixed it twice now... maybe 3rd time's a charm
(it's all fair, because I'm the one that broke it, most likely)

edit--- Fixed (hopefully right this time), in CVS now

muddy
09-26-2006, 06:13 PM
NpkChannelDefinition Appears in tivoapp 6.3 about 6 times,
Doesn't appear in 6.2 tivoapp, trying to see if I can
figure something out that way.

Cheezmo
09-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Two problems with Logos with the 060926 build...

1) I can see OTA HD channels that were added by a channel scan, but the ones that DirecTV knew about because of my zip code do not appear. That is probably a general channel indexing/filtering issue. I do filter out all XM, non-recieved, and PPV channels.

2) The channel descriptions that have spaces in them now appear with curly braces around them. Such as... "{TNT HD (75)}"

I guess I'm not seeing any of my OTA HD channels in any part of TivoWebPlus now except for the one that was added by scanning.

Cheezmo
09-26-2006, 06:27 PM
How does one force reindexing of channels? If I change HideReceived in tivoweb.cfg, it still reads the channel index cached in MFS and so the change isn't reflected.

BTUxNine
09-26-2006, 06:27 PM
The HD OTA channels issues are being looked into... the structure for them seems broken, and it's a bear to distinguish... may have to punt and make people clear their receive flag manually

BTUxNine
09-26-2006, 06:53 PM
How does one force reindexing of channels? If I change HideReceived in tivoweb.cfg, it still reads the channel index cached in MFS and so the change isn't reflected.
the hide_XXX are no longer supported... the issue is the filtering applied to channel loads, and as I said, the HDTivo channel data is broken for OTA (they show as signaltype 6 - directv). I'm working on a solution, so please be patient

Cheezmo
09-26-2006, 07:11 PM
No problem. Thanks for all the great work and prompt responses!

John1980
09-26-2006, 07:28 PM
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR --cut here-- action_editprogram '/1613349' '' can't read "mpaaratingnums": no such variable

Thanks for the full error message. This will be fixed in tonights release. It needs the following definition at the top of action_editprogram:

global mpaaratingnums mpaaratingvals

John1980
09-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Seems that a particular "callsign" (eg Com) can appear on a different channel/frequency depending on the Tivo's location/lineup. I was hoping to maybe get away with a file containing all the callsigns and their appropriate Npk values, but this does not look like it would be very reliable.

A couple of examples of this are:

Com Com 99 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1392508928 256 808519168 3748913 1 270 66304 196608 65785 1124335616 19791 256 33556480 33565440 16842751 50344978 -157744640 427259905 100663296 256 83223 131072
Com Com 50 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 570425344 256 808519168 3748913 16777216 67108864 5066563 0 256 256

E! E! 49 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 553648128 256 808519168 3749945 16777216 50331648 8517 0 1 1
E! E! 98 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1375731712 256 808519168 3749945 1 270 66304 196608 65772 1157824512 33 1 131080 -16646118 302055679 196660 32938242 1668984 393216 385875969 319 512

HDN HDN 98 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 1375731712 256 825296128 16789560 167772160 1 259 1325400832 256 1145570304 78 1 33685512 -16646142 302055679 196660 32938242 1668984 393216 202375169 447 512
HDN HDN 49 50344978 -1602223616 815686657 553648128 256 825296128 12344 65536 1208221696 20036 0 1 2

I think the existing mechanism whereby TWP will only create a Season Pass if one has already been setup via the UI, is the most reliable mechanism until we figure out how to create the Npk.

BTUxNine
09-27-2006, 06:43 AM
OK, for you HDTivo users, upgrade to 060927 and go to channel prefs -> ReIndex... that SHOULD bring back your OTA channels... let me know if there are any problems

Cheezmo
09-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Looks good. At first I thought it didn't work because I forgot to wait the 30 seconds for TivoWeb to reload after the updated, but when I reindexed AFTER it reloaded, it worked as expected.

Thanks!

BTUxNine
09-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Looks good. At first I thought it didn't work because I forgot to wait the 30 seconds for TivoWeb to reload after the updated, but when I reindexed AFTER it reloaded, it worked as expected.

Thanks!
It's no longer guesswork when reloads complete... the page won't complete rendering and come back with "Reload Complete" until it's actually completed

unfortunately, still having issues where a reload will occasionally trigger a reboot on a dtivo... <grumble>

muddy
09-27-2006, 02:51 PM
OK, for you HDTivo users, upgrade to 060927 and go to channel prefs -> ReIndex... that SHOULD bring back your OTA channels... let me know if there are any problems

Should I be using the beta redone for Dtivo on my HR10-250 or
the 1.3xx. I just noticed that it appears each one is being updated
with the changes....

Ron

muddy
09-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Also did it on 1.3... I have not seen the channel setup in anything
past 6.2 on SD Dtivo till now, but the channel/favorites/received setup in the gui is
different in 6.3HD and the series 3 so that may be the source of all the problems with
season passes and channel stuff is they totally changed the channel data structure.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_listchan '/' ''
no such object:
while executing
"dbobj $headend get Lineup"
invoked from within
"set lineups [dbobj $headend get Lineup]"
("uplevel" body line 6)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {

set setup [db $db open /Setup]
set source [dbobj $setup get Source]
set headend [dbobj [lindex $source 0] get Head..."
(procedure "listchannels" line 24)
invoked from within
"listchannels "
(procedure "::action_listchan" line 28)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

BTUxNine
09-27-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm pretty sure my changes to 1.4 haven't been backported to 1.3, because they involve changing internal structures

It's 1.4 that has had OTA channel issues, and 1.4 060927 that has the fix.

Channel Map has never worked for me... not even sure what it's supposed to do... it's Channel Prefs that allows you to change fav/rcv flags (and reindex to fix the OTA issue)

Cheezmo
09-27-2006, 09:19 PM
I got the following under "Upcoming Showings" when clicking on a show title in the Now Playing list... 6.3a, 1.4 060927.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_series '/989366' ''
can't read "chinfo(sign)": no such element in array
while executing
"set callsign $chinfo(sign)"
(procedure "do_seriesrowtodo" line 29)
invoked from within
"do_seriesrowtodo $chan $showing $recfsid 0"
("while" body line 5)
invoked from within
"while { $top >= $bottom } {
set showing [lindex $showings $current]
set stime [dbobj $showing get Time]
if { $time == $stime }..."
("uplevel" body line 31)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set recfsid [lindex [get_fsidbyprefix "/Recording/Active" "4:$date:$timestr:"] 0]
set schedlist [get_fsidbyprefix "/Sch..."
(procedure "::action_series" line 70)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

SteveT
09-27-2006, 09:38 PM
OK, for you HDTivo users, upgrade to 060927 and go to channel prefs -> ReIndex... that SHOULD bring back your OTA channels... let me know if there are any problemsHD OTA channels back and looking great. Thanks!

Cheezmo
09-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Looks like TV Ratings aren't supported.

In Edit Program it uses the tvrating to index into MPAA ratings which displays an MPAA rating (what should be TV-G shows as X ;-).

The Showing screen doesn't display the TV Rating.

This is with 6.3a.

dave7101
09-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Getting the following when trying to use 'hackman' via the url (no longer shows up in the menu list)

eg. http://tivowebplus/hackman/

Thanks

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_hackman '' ''
can't read "showconflicttext": no such variable
while executing
"if {!$showconflicttext || $NoNotification} {

readwrite "on"
if {[file exists $inifile\.old]} {
file delete $inifile
file rename "$inifile\.ol..."
(procedure "::action_hackman" line 15)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

krypt keeper
09-28-2006, 04:27 PM
I got the following by doing several searches for shows, under the "Upcoming Showings" as well... <edit> If I do a shutdown & manually restart TivoWeb this error goes away and the search completes w/ the upcoming showings too. A "Full Reload" doesn't work

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_series '/3566631' ''
while executing
invoked from within
("uplevel" body line 35)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

BTUxNine
09-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Hackman isn't compatible with this beta, and until we've implemented all the changes, it's not really worth pursuing (because the next few changes in how modules are loaded will DEFINITELY affect hackman)

If PortlandPaw feels differently, he's more than welcome to contact me here or on TCF

BTUxNine
09-28-2006, 04:37 PM
I got the following by doing several searches for shows, under the "Upcoming Showings" as well... <edit> If I do a shutdown & manually restart TivoWeb this error goes away and the search completes w/ the upcoming showings too. A "Full Reload" doesn't work

I removed a check that seemed unnecessary... looks like it isn't... uncomment line 2933 of ui.itcl:

if {![findChannel chinfo $stationfsid 12 2]} return

let me know if that fixes it

gocam
09-29-2006, 01:13 AM
I uncommented the line and still get the same error, alas :

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_series '/460051' ''
while executing
invoked from within
("uplevel" body line 35)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

gocam
09-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Ok - here is how to fix it if you are seeing this search error - edit file ui.itcl

line 2937-ish - replace :

getStationData chinfo $stationfsid
set callsign $chinfo(sign)

with

if { [getStationData chinfo $stationfsid] } {
set callsign $chinfo(sign)
} else {
set callsign [dbobj $station get CallSign]
}

Now restart - bingo !

BTUxNine
09-29-2006, 01:28 AM
does the callsign show as blank for the item that was making it gag? I'd like to fix this right if it is broken, can you give me more details as to what, exactly, triggered it?

gocam
09-29-2006, 02:30 AM
Hi there - I did a basic title search for Battlestar with Title as the criteria, then chose on the Battlestar entry (which already had some tickmarks next to it). On the next screen that is meant to display search results, I got no entries at all, and just the error I'd quoted under "Upcoming Showings", i believe.

Is this helpful?

BTUxNine
09-29-2006, 02:39 AM
Hi there - I did a basic title search for Battlestar with Title as the criteria, then chose on the Battlestar entry (which already had some tickmarks next to it). On the next screen that is meant to display search results, I got no entries at all, and just the error I'd quoted under "Upcoming Showings", i believe.

Is this helpful?
Hmm... doesn't happen on mine (that doesn't prove anything, not even sure what type tivo you're running)
Are you running the latest bundle? 060927? there were issues with showings in earlier releases

gocam
09-29-2006, 02:52 AM
running with hd-tivo, and 060929 - have NOT upgraded to 6.3

By the way, you are doing an amazingly good job.

BTUxNine
09-29-2006, 03:10 AM
By the way, you are doing an amazingly good job.
thanx... if people start having reboot loops, they might not be as happy, tho :eek: (another story)

I've managed to duplicate the problem using a new install of 060929... I don't know what was changed in it, but I'll see if I can find anything

BTUxNine
09-29-2006, 04:25 AM
ok, I've figured out what that issue was, with callsign in seriesrowtodo, and the fix is in the pipe (gocam's works, as well)

beejaycee
09-29-2006, 10:34 AM
As always, thanks for everything you guys are doing. I upgraded to the latest beta on my HDVR2 - 6.2 and got an error when loading the info page. Here is a clip of the message as well as the TWP log file.

dave7101
09-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Posted in case this is useful feedback... doing a search by 'director' and regardless of the index status, ie... even after restarts... i get this crash

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_search '' 'set "searchby" "5";set "cat" "0";set "scat" "0";set "q" "JACKSON, PETER";set "submit" "Search";'
while executing
invoked from within
"do_seriesrowtodo $chan $showing $recfsid 1"
("foreach" body line 15)
invoked from within
"foreach showing $showings {
if { $time == $stime } {
# First, see if we've output ..."
invoked from within
"if {[catch {set stationday [db $db openid $stationdayfsid]}] == 0} {
set showings [dbobj $stationday get Showing]
foreach showing $sho..."
("uplevel" body line 4)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
invoked from within
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

John1980
09-29-2006, 05:10 PM
As always, thanks for everything you guys are doing. I upgraded to the latest beta on my HDVR2 - 6.2 and got an error when loading the info page. Here is a clip of the message as well as the TWP log file.

That's an interesting one. Seems the parser is a little over zealous, as the unmatched { was part of a comment??? You can either download 060930 again for the fix or remove the trailing { from the comment at line 2935 in ui.tcl.

John1980
09-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Posted in case this is useful feedback... doing a search by 'director' and regardless of the index status

That was fixed in 060930

dave7101
09-29-2006, 06:08 PM
That was fixed in 060930

Indeed it was...many thanks once again!

dave7101
09-29-2006, 06:35 PM
hmm.... actor search just produced the same error again (using 0930 build)

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_search '' 'set "searchby" "4";set "cat" "0";set "scat" "0";set "q" "spacey";set "submit" "Search";'
while executing
invoked from within
"do_seriesrowtodo $chan $showing $recfsid 1"
("foreach" body line 15)
invoked from within
"foreach showing $showings {
if { $time == $stime } {
# First, see if we've output ..."
invoked from within
"if {[catch {set stationday [db $db openid $stationdayfsid]}] == 0} {
set showings [dbobj $stationday get Showing]
foreach showing $sho..."
("uplevel" body line 4)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
invoked from within
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

BTUxNine
09-29-2006, 07:25 PM
that line is commented out in 060930... did you do a full reload? (or better, exit and rerun twp)

dave7101
09-29-2006, 07:33 PM
hmm... ill try an exit and re-run, it was a reload after the 0930 upgrade (which fixed the director search issue)

dave7101
09-29-2006, 07:48 PM
same crash after a quit and re-run

to clarify, it was an 'actor' search for 'spacey'....

BTUxNine
09-29-2006, 07:52 PM
then the update didn't take because that line IS commented out in the file within ui.itcl in the 060930... try to do a clean install

SteveT
09-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Running the latest 1.4.0 (060930), I get the following when trying to create a new recording.
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_conflicts '' 'set "quality" "100";set "kal" "2";set "startearly" "0";set "endlate" "60";set "objectid" "249553/199";set "Conflicts" "Conflicts";'
can't read "channum": no such variable
while executing
"td $channum"
(procedure "do_conflictsrow" line 48)
invoked from within
"do_conflictsrow $chan $showing $startearlysecs $endlatesecs"
("foreach" body line 7)
invoked from within
"foreach conflict $conflictslist {
set rec [db $db openid $conflict]
set showing [dbobj $rec get Showing]
set startearlysecs [d..."
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
foreach conflict $conflictslist {
set rec [db $db openid $conflict]
set showing [dbobj $rec get Showing]
..."
(procedure "::action_conflicts" line 23)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--I loaded the latest 1.3.1 and tried the same recording and it worked fine.

Have I mentioned that the Update feature rocks!

BTUxNine
09-29-2006, 09:46 PM
Running the latest 1.4.0 (060930), I get the following when trying to create a new recording.I loaded the latest 1.3.1 and tried the same recording and it worked fine.

Have I mentioned that the Update feature rocks!
Afraid it's the same issue... nested transactions
similar solution (for now)
line 2264 of ui.itcl:
#if { [getStationData chinfo $stationid] } {
# set channum $chinfo(stanum)
# set callsign $chinfo(sign)
#}
set channum ""

SteveT
09-29-2006, 10:09 PM
Afraid it's the same issue... nested transactions
similar solution (for now)
line 2264 of ui.itcl:
#if { [getStationData chinfo $stationid] } {
# set channum $chinfo(stanum)
# set callsign $chinfo(sign)
#}
set channum ""
Works. Thanks!

dave7101
09-29-2006, 10:18 PM
then the update didn't take because that line IS commented out in the file within ui.itcl in the 060930... try to do a clean install

clean install fixed it, the upgrade prior to this reinstall was from 060927 and via the upgrade facility in TWP.

thanks

dave7101
09-29-2006, 11:26 PM
disregard already posted

Vegas
09-30-2006, 09:57 AM
getting this error when going into the HiGuide. 6.3a with 060930 worked ok with 060927

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_higuide '/' ''
can't read "logoname": no such variable
while executing
"if { $guide(op_height) != "0" && $logoname != "" } {
set logostr [getLogoTag $chinfo(logo) 1 $chinfo(sign) "STYLE=\"height:${channel_imgage_raw_..."
("uplevel" body line 14)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"if [set code [catch {uplevel $body} errs]] {
if {$code==2} {return -code return $errs}
if {$code==1} {error $errs $::errorInfo $::..."
(procedure "ForeachChannel" line 29)
invoked from within
"ForeachChannel chinfo $filter {
if {$guide(op_chan)>0 && $chinfo(fsid)!=$guide(op_chan)} continue
if {$guide(op_chan)==-3 && [lsearch $guide(o..."
(procedure "::action_higuide" line 311)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

grein002
09-30-2006, 02:30 PM
I upgraded my HR10-250 to 6.3a last night, then attempted to install tivowebplus 1.4. The first time I launched it from the telnet prompt, I got no error message, but tivowebplus was inaccessible. Subsequent attempts to launch (even after rebooting the tivo) result in an error message that reads "Warning: The last session did not complete successfully - We may be in a reboot loop... sleep for 60 seconds".

Any ideas? Let me know what I can provide in terms of troubleshooting info...

BTUxNine
09-30-2006, 03:26 PM
That's part of the code to protect against reboot loops from TWP... if you go to /var/log and delete both tivoweb.log and Otivoweb.log, it should start up

BTW, the latest changes I'm making to TWP have reintroduced the reboot on reload behavior (sorry, but it's a necessary step)... the GOOD news is that I've managed to modify the TWP launcher to "watchdog" the application, so that out-of-memory crashes shouldn't cause reboots... The code should be appearing within the next few days

grein002
09-30-2006, 07:45 PM
I deleted the two log files as you suggested, but still get the same error...

John1980
09-30-2006, 10:19 PM
I deleted the two log files as you suggested, but still get the same error...

It should just be delaying the startup by 60 seconds. Anyway, this have been improved a little in the latest distro (061001).

iguy
10-01-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm running a DSR704 with 160G HD and 6.2 instance from PTVupgrade with rbautch's zipper scripts.

When I start 1.4.0 on port 8080 the Tivo crashes and reboots. I am running 1.3.1 from /tivowebplus and 1.4.0 from /var/myhack/TivoWebPlus on port 8080. I'm running 061001 version of 1.4.0 Beta with no other modules added in. Last night I was just messing around looking at stuff like Season Passes & other screens. I apologize as I do not know what I did explicitly for reproduction, but if I can clean it up so it works properly I can then try to reproduce this.

ui_showing
Dumping mempool to /tmp/BlockFailure.7492

To view the blocks, run:
$TIVO_ROOT/devbin/poolview.tcl <app-with-symbols> /tmp/BlockFailure.7492

In the UI that comes up, find your block by address (see above)
This will help you identify the type and ownership of the blocks.

Tmk Assertion Failure:
DumpArenaAndBlocksAndDie, line 1472 ()
Tmk Fatal Error: Thread tivosh <7492> strayed!
Paste the following into a shell to get a backtrace...

bt -t /tvbin/tivoapp <<END_OF_BT
read 0x2aaa8000 /lib/ld.so.1
read 0x2ab04000 /lib/libutil.so.1
read 0x2ab48000 /lib/libdl.so.2
read 0x2ab8c000 /lib/libpthread.so.0
read 0x2abe8000 /lib/libm.so.6
read 0x2acb0000 /lib/libc.so.6
0x013b3e3c 0x013b3c90 0x013b3f84 0x00f58234 0x00f9312c 0x00fb1210 0x00fa7998
0x00fa6288 0x00f8eac0 0x00fd99ec 0x00f9e50c 0x00fb7a28 0x00f8eb18 0x00fecc98
0x00fb7a28 0x00f8eb18 0x00fed644 0x00fb7a28 0x00f8eb18 0x00f96cac 0x00fb7a28
0x00f8eb18 0x00fd99ec 0x00f9e50c 0x00fb7a28 0x00f8eb18 0x00fed644 0x00fb7a28
0x00f8eb18 0x00fd99ec 0x00fdd23c 0x00f58150 0x00612c48 0x00403090 0x2acc13fc
END_OF_BT

Tmk Fatal Error: Thread tivosh <7492>: assertion failure

How can I fix this so I can continue to test 1.4.0? (ps. it is a LOT faster than 1.3.1)

bigcat400
10-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Has anybody ever come up with a way to change the channel remotely?

I used to use the web remote from work to change my streaming video :-)

Vegas
10-01-2006, 02:19 PM
getting this error when going into the HiGuide. 6.3a with 060930 worked ok with 060927

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_higuide '/' ''
can't read "logoname": no such variable
while executing
"if { $guide(op_height) != "0" && $logoname != "" } {
set logostr [getLogoTag $chinfo(logo) 1 $chinfo(sign) "STYLE=\"height:${channel_imgage_raw_..."
("uplevel" body line 14)
invoked from within
snip...

Found this would only happen if the guide display was set to Thick or Thin.

I removed the second half of the if statement on line 383 of higuide.itcl, now Thick, Thin & Very Thin all work.

line 383 if { $guide(op_height) != "0" && $logoname != "" } {
changed to
if { $guide(op_height) != "0" } {

John1980
10-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Has anybody ever come up with a way to change the channel remotely?
Unless you have a Series 1 TiVo then your options are limited. I've been quite impressed with the Slimbox attached to a Series 2 unit, works well.

John1980
10-01-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm running a DSR704 with 160G HD and 6.2 instance from PTVupgrade with rbautch's zipper scripts.

When I start 1.4.0 on port 8080 the Tivo crashes and reboots. I am running 1.3.1 from /tivowebplus and 1.4.0 from /var/myhack/TivoWebPlus on port 8080.

That looks like a memory allocation error. Have you tried stopping the v1.3.1 instance before starting up v1.4.0? (not sure if this will work, but might be worth a try).

beejaycee
10-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Just an observation: my DTiVo w/6.2 and the 061001 update would not start up. I did a "tivoweb console" and it kicked out a bunch of errors when it tried to load hackman.itcl as opposed to the 3 or 4 lines of error message previously (I had left hackman in the modules directory because it didn't seem to be harming anything even if it wouldn't load). Well, it seemed to be screwing up the load in 061001 because TWP wouldn't load with it in there. I renamed to hackman.itcl.bak and TWP loaded just fine.

dave7101
10-01-2006, 08:57 PM
viewing a 'now playing' entry using 061001 build on hd10-250

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_series '/2081257' ''
while executing
(procedure "do_seriesrowtodo" line 30)
invoked from within
("while" body line 5)
invoked from within
"while { $top >= $bottom } {
set showing [lindex $showings $current]
if { $time == $stime } {
if {[catch [do_series..."
("uplevel" body line 31)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set schedlist [get_fsidbyprefix "/Schedule" "$sta..."
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

muddy
10-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Unable to edit history filter, pasted filter line from previous version .cfg
and it doesn't filter correctly.
Version 1.4.0 (oztivo-061001)

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_filter '' 'set "backPath" "future";set "submit" "Edit Filter";'
invalid command name "checked"
while executing
"checked 24"
(procedure "::action_filter" line 39)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

BTUxNine
10-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Unable to edit history filter, pasted filter line from previous version .cfg
and it doesn't filter correctly.
Version 1.4.0 (oztivo-061001)
sorry... when splitting up ui.itcl, that proc fell through the cracks... it's in CVS now

muddy
10-01-2006, 09:48 PM
sorry... when splitting up ui.itcl, that proc fell through the cracks... it's in CVS now

No problem at all, just reporting it. I appreaciate all the
work you guys do on this and I just report to get
it on the list no hurry on fixes...

Ron

John1980
10-02-2006, 01:20 AM
viewing a 'now playing' entry using 061001 build on hd10-250
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

This should be fixed in the latest (061002) distribution. The filter code is also now fixed.

iguy
10-02-2006, 06:36 PM
That looks like a memory allocation error. Have you tried stopping the v1.3.1 instance before starting up v1.4.0? (not sure if this will work, but might be worth a try).

I stopped TWP 1.3.1 and when I start up 1.4.0 it still fails with that same error. It appears to be after the ui_showing is listed. So I removed 1.4.0-061001 tree and installed 1.4.0-061002 tree. It fails like before when getting to the ui_showing loading.

ui_showing
Dumping mempool to /tmp/BlockFailure.324

To view the blocks, run:
$TIVO_ROOT/devbin/poolview.tcl <app-with-symbols> /tmp/BlockFailure.324

In the UI that comes up, find your block by address (see above)
This will help you identify the type and ownership of the blocks.

Tmk Assertion Failure:
DumpArenaAndBlocksAndDie, line 1472 ()
Tmk Fatal Error: Thread tivosh <324> strayed!
Paste the following into a shell to get a backtrace...

bt -t /tvbin/tivoapp <<END_OF_BT
read 0x2aaa8000 /lib/ld.so.1
read 0x2ab04000 /lib/libutil.so.1
read 0x2ab48000 /lib/libdl.so.2
read 0x2ab8c000 /lib/libpthread.so.0
read 0x2abe8000 /lib/libm.so.6
read 0x2acb0000 /lib/libc.so.6
0x013b3e3c 0x013b3c90 0x013b3f84 0x00f58234 0x00f9312c 0x00fd98d0 0x00f9e50c
0x00fb7a28 0x00f8eb18 0x00fecc98 0x00fb7a28 0x00f8eb18 0x00fed644 0x00fb7a28
0x00f8eb18 0x00f96cac 0x00fb7a28 0x00f8eb18 0x00fd99ec 0x00f9e50c 0x00fb7a28
0x00f8eb18 0x00fed644 0x00fb7a28 0x00f8eb18 0x00fd99ec 0x00fdd23c 0x00f58150
0x00612c48 0x00403090 0x2acc13fc
END_OF_BT

Tmk Fatal Error: Thread tivosh <324>: assertion failure

Any suggestions on how I can break it apart more to see what's really killing it, ie a verbose loading option? My TCL is non-existent and I'm attempting to figure out how to dump data better to be able to help narrow down this bug or data corruption.

Jamie
10-02-2006, 07:11 PM
tivowebplus-beta-061002 (and probably earlier beta versions) has an insidious bug that can cause /dev/null to get deleted wrecking all kinds of havoc. The bug is in the tivoweb script and it's the use of this wget idiom:
wget ... -O /dev/null ...If wget gets any sort of error, the output file (/dev/null in this case) is deleted and you're left with a root file system without a /dev/null, causing all sorts of problems. I've pointed this problem out here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=238963#post238963), here, (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45714) and here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=263336l#post263336).

Several people have reported strange system problems after installing the beta tivowebplus that were tracked down to this /dev/null clobbering problem.

Please, can we stop using this broken idiom? /dev/null should only be used for stdout/err redirects, never as an explicit file.

John1980
10-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Several people have reported strange system problems after installing the beta tivowebplus that were tracked down to this /dev/null clobbering problem.

Please, can we stop using this broken idiom? /dev/null should only be used for stdout/err redirects, never as an explicit file.

This is the first I have heard of it in any of the TivoWeb/Plus threads on both DealDatabase and TivoCommunity. It's easy enough to fix, will release 061003 with this issue resolved.

Jamie
10-02-2006, 09:34 PM
This is the first I have heard of it in any of the TivoWeb/Plus threads on both DealDatabase and TivoCommunity. It's easy enough to fix, will release 061003 with this issue resolved.Yeah, it wasn't reported in those threads, because the symptoms weren't obviously due to tivowebplus. Took a little digging to figure out what was nuking /dev/null.

Sorry if I came off as grumpy about it, but I've chased this same problem down a couple of times over the last year, and I'm trying to get the word out that "wget -O /dev/null" is a bad idea.

John1980
10-02-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm trying to get the word out that "wget -O /dev/null" is a bad idea.

Hmm... I'll probably end up switching it for "wget -O- " in which case the broken wget binaries (I am guessing you are using Busybox binaries as the GNU ones definitely do no unlink output files - as this is plain stupid) may end up trying to remove '-'...

Cheezmo
10-02-2006, 09:58 PM
It looks like even standard recordings (not just season passes) care somewhat about the NpkChannelDefinition field.

I set up a single recording of Prison Break tonight saw several log entries along the following lines....

Oct 3 00:54:31 (none) Recorder[294]: Recording id '2357206/-1' is missing the NpkChannelDefinition

Recording id 2357206 is indeed Prison Break and I notice that other recordings do have that field in MFS.

John1980
10-02-2006, 10:02 PM
It fails like before when getting to the ui_showing loading.

ui_showing
Dumping mempool to /tmp/BlockFailure.324

I am a little stumped by this one... the loading of this module should not actually be executing any code (it should just be loading the modules from the library). I am not sure what could be done in the way of debugging although I would be interested if the latest 1.4.0 (061003) helps out the situation as I have made a little change to the loading process.

I usually debug using 'puts "DBG: blah blah"' statements which will appear in the log file. Not sure where these could be placed in your situation....

Jamie
10-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Hmm... I'll probably end up switching it for "wget -O- " in which case the broken wget binaries (I am guessing you are using Busybox binaries as the GNU ones definitely do no unlink output files - as this is plain stupid) may end up trying to remove '-'...Yeah, I think most people are getting their S2 utilities from AlphaWolf's All-In-One (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37602) collection, which uses a busybox wget. It definitely unlinks the -O file when there is a 404 error:
bash-2.02# wget -h
wget: invalid option -- h
BusyBox v1.00 (2004.10.20-05:30+0000) multi-call binary

bash-2.02# mknod null c 1 3
bash-2.02# ls -l null
crw-r--r-- 1 root 0 1, 3 Oct 3 00:59 null
bash-2.02# wget -O null http://www.tivo.com/missing
Connecting to www.tivo.com[204.176.49.110]:80
wget: server returned error 404: HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found
bash-2.02# ls -l null
ls: null: No such file or directory

Lobby AlphaWolf to replace wget with a GNU version, if you think that is a better solution. There are still bound to be people that have the old stuff though, so it's probably best to be defensive and allow for the worst.

John1980
10-02-2006, 10:07 PM
It looks like even standard recordings (not just season passes) care somewhat about the NpkChannelDefinition field.

It might pay for somebody to approach TiVo Inc and see if they would be willing to dish-out how this field is calculated? Without knowing how to generate the field (from other information available in MFS) it could be a while before somebody stumbles across the solution.

Cheezmo
10-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Looks like you missed one...

# We have a GNU wget binary
wget --tries=2 --timeout=15 -O /dev/null -o /dev/null "$url/${pref}quit" &

This is the first I have heard of it in any of the TivoWeb/Plus threads on both DealDatabase and TivoCommunity. It's easy enough to fix, will release 061003 with this issue resolved.

BTUxNine
10-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Any suggestions on how I can break it apart more to see what's really killing it, ie a verbose loading option? My TCL is non-existent and I'm attempting to figure out how to dump data better to be able to help narrow down this bug or data corruption.
It looks to me like you may be running httpd-tt.itcl directly, because TIVOSH_POOLSIZE isn't being set

try running the executable "tivoweb" instead

Cheezmo
10-02-2006, 10:23 PM
It might pay for somebody to approach TiVo Inc and see if they would be willing to dish-out how this field is calculated? Without knowing how to generate the field (from other information available in MFS) it could be a while before somebody stumbles across the solution.

It does provide a new source for data though. Every recording in Recording/Active has that entry, even suggestions. I guess you could have a command that scans existing season passes and Recording entries to associate that field with each channel. Then you could allow recordings on any channel which that data had been collected for. A real pain since to add a new channel to the acceptable list, one would have to create a recording on the Tivo on that channel first, then run the npk scraping command, but if the npk data is fixed for each channel, it would at least work.

John1980
10-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Looks like you missed one...

# We have a GNU wget binary
wget --tries=2 --timeout=15 -O /dev/null -o /dev/null "$url/${pref}quit" &

Nope... The GNU binaries have been coded correctly and hence will support raw devices, symbolic links as well as pipes for input and output. The Busybox binary is the only one that seems to have an issue when it comes to handling "unix files".

John1980
10-02-2006, 11:19 PM
It does provide a new source for data though. Every recording in Recording/Active has that entry, even suggestions.

I've updated the 061003 distributions to include this as a source for the Npk values.

Cheezmo
10-03-2006, 01:00 AM
I got the following attempting to import a logo.

10.0.1.103 - - [03/Oct/2006:03:55:44] "/logos/import/"
error writing "sock38": broken pipe
while executing
"puts $chan "<PRE><B>INTERNAL SERVER ERROR</B>""
(procedure "print_html_error" line 2)
invoked from within
"print_html_error $chan "action_$action '$part' '$env'" $::errorInfo"
(procedure "::session" line 182)
invoked from within
"::session sock38 10.0.1.103 60677"
10.0.1.103 - - [03/Oct/2006:03:56:23] "/logos/import/"

Tivoweb was hung at that point, apparently requiring a reboot.

Cheezmo
10-03-2006, 01:15 AM
TWP 061003 (second edition ;-), HD Tivo 6.3a.

This time I got a little more out of it.

The scenario is...

I had imported lots of logos previously.

Tonight's daily call downloaded new logo slice and cleared out all my old custom logos.

I reindexed logos, and then tried to import one of the "lost" ones.

Tivoweb told me it was overwriting an existing image, then spit out the error.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_logos '/import/' 'set "file" "current-s1-p1.png";set "lspace" "1";set "submit" "Import";'
no such object: 2388587
while executing
"dbobj $logogroup add Image $imgfsid"
("uplevel" body line 4)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set logogroup [db $db open "/LogoGroup/$lspace:1:1"]
dbobj $logogroup add Index [expr $key & 0xffff]
dbobj $logogroup add Image $im..."
(procedure "show_import" line 124)
invoked from within
"show_import $chan [join [lrange $parsedPath 2 end] {/}] $env"
(procedure "::action_logos" line 14)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

DVDKingdom
10-03-2006, 05:26 AM
Running TiVoWebPlus on a HR10-250 w 6.3a the following message is displayed trying view the ToDo option from user interface.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_ui '/todo' ''
couldn't open "/var/hack/etc/blocklist.txt": no such file or directory
while executing
"open $filename w"
(procedure "gbl_load" line 3)
invoked from within
"gbl_load "/var/hack/etc/blocklist.txt""
(procedure "action_todo" line 8)
invoked from within
"action_todo $chan 7 $env"
(procedure "::action_ui" line 28)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

DVDKingdom
10-03-2006, 06:06 AM
Using GuideDataChecker (Date VS ChannelGrid) produces this message.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_gdchecker '/datevschannel' ''
can't read "secs": no such variable
while executing
"expr $secs + $duration"
(procedure "gdchecker_listingsrow" line 31)
invoked from within
"gdchecker_listingsrow $chan $fsid $startsecs $endsecs"
invoked from within
"append listingsoutputstr [gdchecker_listingsrow $chan $fsid $startsecs $endsecs]"
("uplevel" body line 2)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"ForeachMfsFileTrans fsid name type "/Schedule" "$stationid:$day:" 10 {
append listingsoutputstr [gdchecker_listingsrow $chan $fsid $startsecs $endsecs..."
(procedure "gdchecker_listings" line 10)
invoked from within
"gdchecker_listings $chan $stationid $i"
(procedure "gdchecker_datelinks" line 31)
invoked from within
"gdchecker_datelinks $chan $overallminday $overallmaxday $chinfo(fsid)"
invoked from within
"tr "ALIGN=CENTER" [td "ALIGN=LEFT" $chinfo(num)] [td $favstr] [td "ALIGN=LEFT" [html_link "/channel/$chinfo(fsid)" $chinfo(sign)]] [gdchecker_datelink..."
invoked from within
"puts $chan [tr "ALIGN=CENTER" [td "ALIGN=LEFT" $chinfo(num)] [td $favstr] [td "ALIGN=LEFT" [html_link "/channel/$chinfo(fsid)" $chinfo(sign)]] [gdchec..."
("uplevel" body line 13)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"if [set code [catch {uplevel $body} errs]] {
if {$code==2} {return -code return $errs}
if {$code==1} {error $errs $::errorInfo $::errorCode }
}"
(procedure "ForeachChannel" line 29)
invoked from within
"ForeachChannel chinfo 1 {

if { ($chinfo(bits)&4) == 1 } {
set favstr "*"
} else {
set favstr ""
}

puts $chan [tr "ALIGN=CENTER" [td "ALIGN=LEFT"..."
(procedure "action_datevschannel" line 54)
invoked from within
"action_datevschannel $chan"
(procedure "::action_gdchecker" line 11)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

grein002
10-03-2006, 11:32 AM
I had the same problem -- turns out it was due to the system having been zippered originally. Zipper created symbolic links that pointed /var/hack/etc to /enhancements. Since /enhancements no longer existed once the upgrade was complete and bootpage flipped, attempts to access those directories barfed. I fixed by removing the symbolic link and creating /var/hack/etc, though this may not be the best solution, as /var can get wiped at any time...

Running TiVoWebPlus on a HR10-250 w 6.3a the following message is displayed trying view the ToDo option from user interface.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_ui '/todo' ''
couldn't open "/var/hack/etc/blocklist.txt": no such file or directory
while executing
"open $filename w"
(procedure "gbl_load" line 3)
invoked from within
"gbl_load "/var/hack/etc/blocklist.txt""
(procedure "action_todo" line 8)
invoked from within
"action_todo $chan 7 $env"
(procedure "::action_ui" line 28)
invoked from within
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
--cut here--

SpoonsJTD
10-03-2006, 03:36 PM

I never got an answer to my question a while back, here it is rephrased: how does whatever you wrote to dump the npk values for the season passes know where to draw the line between values, ie, how do you know where one field ends and another begins? Is this provided by the MFS dump facility or is it a guess?

Armed with some of the IDL definitions, I don't think it'd be impossible to reverse engineer the MFS representation for NpkChannelDefinition. Several of the fields are obviously enum's, having values of 1,2,512, for example. I'd guess one of those fields is the channel bit field:

TvNpkChannelBitField
NONE = 0x0
ALL = 0xFFFFFFFF
HIDDEN = 0x1
RECEIVED = 0x2
FAVORITE = 0x4
VIDEO = 0x8
AUDIO = 0x10
DATA = 0x20
FAKE = 0x40
DISCOVERED = 0x80
CREATE_REAL = 0x100
EXTERNAL_TUNER = 0x200

There are also some obvious differences between the OTA and the DTV npk channel def values whose patterns could be exploited.

SpoonsJTD
10-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Looking at some these numbers in hex or bin is revealing too.

From some of cheer's entries, here's a column in decimal:

That same column in hex:

The 10000, 100, 100 show up in non-OTA channels. All the ones with 5444 are from OTA. I think that variation shows up though because the OTA and DTV values don't line up perfectly, I'm guessing due to optional values.

John1980
10-03-2006, 05:18 PM
how does whatever you wrote to dump the npk values for the season passes know where to draw the line between values, ie, how do you know where one field ends and another begins? Is this provided by the MFS dump facility or is it a guess?

The TWP module gets the value from the database and then prints it using a 'puts'. Nothing fancy is happening here. The same output is found when using mfsdump or browsing the MFS database. It seems to be just a list of numbers.

SpoonsJTD
10-03-2006, 05:31 PM
The TWP module gets the value from the database and then prints it using a 'puts'. Nothing fancy is happening here. The same output is found when using mfsdump or browsing the MFS database. It seems to be just a list of numbers.

So I understand it correctly: there is just a single field, the NpkChannelDefinition field, and retrieving it returns a string that is a set of space-delimited numbers? That is good to know -- at least it isn't a set of bytes that represent fields that aren't delimited.

John1980
10-03-2006, 05:38 PM
So I understand it correctly: there is just a single field, the NpkChannelDefinition field, and retrieving it returns a string that is a set of space-delimited numbers?

That's what is being returned by the TCL functions being used to access the database.

BTUxNine
10-03-2006, 05:40 PM
I believe it's a packed bytefield... not sure you can assume the integer boundaries are accurate
like other packed bytefields, the first entry is a count, and it looks as if the last is right-aligned within the int (so a binary scan probably wouldn't work quite right)

gamo62
10-04-2006, 07:20 AM
This is the log from tivoweb I get when I updated to the 031006 beta. i did the update from within TWP 1.40 300906 version.

Starting TWP pid=5027
TivoWebPlus - v1.4.0 (1.4.0 (oztivo-061003))
PoolSize=2916352
Loading libs...
util
sendkey
html
index
http
-running init_channelList--- completed in 0 seconds
-running init_logoindex--failed to create logoTable
-running init_logoindex; attempt 2--failed to create logoTable
-running init_logoindex; attempt 3--failed to create logoTable
-error running init_logoindex; aborted -
-running init_genreindex--- completed in 1 seconds
-running init_sp_cache--- completed in 0 seconds
Loading modules...
ChannelMap
backup
channelgrid
channelprefs
confresManual
debug
extract
favicon
gallery
gdchecker
hackman
variable "release" already exists
while executing
"global file14 file15 file16 release twrun passok ps pos ppassword send_key startcmd filelist"
(file "./modules/hackman.itcl" line 2839)
invoked from within
"source ./modules/hackman.itcl"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel 1 "source $f""
(procedure "mySource" line 11)
invoked from within
"mySource $f"
("foreach" body line 6)
invoked from within
"foreach f $modules {
set ::errorCode ""
set ::errorInfo ""
if {[file mtime $f]>$last_load} {

John1980
10-04-2006, 08:32 AM
This is the log from tivoweb I get when I updated to the 031006 beta. i did the update from within TWP 1.40 300906 version.
FYI: The distribution versions are in YYMMDD format. These may seem like they are created in the future but that is just because I am bundling these in NZ (which is GMT+13). The YYMMDD format is the prefered format as it sorts correctly when directories/files are listed.

hackman
variable "release" already exists
while executing

Hackman is very unlikely to work with the data structures in this version of TWP. Getting it working will not be a priority until the distribution is complete.

The internal structures have changed a lot for this release as BTUx9 is making the server far more efficient in an attempt to improve the speed and reliability on DTivo units (and from the feedback so far this has been a success).

ttabbal
10-04-2006, 05:01 PM
I thought I'd try the new version out on my DTivos. I'm running 4.0.1b on a SD-DVR80. I got this error with 061005:

----------

Loading completed in 13 seconds -- Accepting Connections
can't read "x": no such variable
while executing
"set t $x"
(procedure "vwait_new" line 3)
invoked from within
"vwait_new forever"
(file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 38)

gamo62
10-04-2006, 05:11 PM
FYI: The distribution versions are in YYMMDD format. These may seem like they are created in the future but that is just because I am bundling these in NZ (which is GMT+13). The YYMMDD format is the prefered format as it sorts correctly when directories/files are listed.

Hackman is very unlikely to work with the data structures in this version of TWP. Getting it working will not be a priority until the distribution is complete.

The internal structures have changed a lot for this release as BTUx9 is making the server far more efficient in an attempt to improve the speed and reliability on DTivo units (and from the feedback so far this has been a success).

So. If I wanted to use hackman, it would be better to go back to 1.31? Thanks.

John1980
10-04-2006, 05:14 PM
I thought I'd try the new version out on my DTivos. I'm running 4.0.1b on a SD-DVR80. I got this error with 061005:

Loading completed in 13 seconds -- Accepting Connections
can't read "x": no such variable
while executing
"set t $x"
invoked from within
"vwait_new forever"
(file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 38)

There is probably a better fix for this, but in the meantime you can just add a line near the end of httpd-tt.tcl (just after the puts "Accepting Connections") that reads "set forever 1"

BTUxNine
10-04-2006, 05:24 PM
There is probably a better fix for this, but in the meantime you can just add a line near the end of httpd-tt.tcl (just after the puts "Accepting Connections") that reads "set forever 1"
can just "vwait_new db" instead of forever... it shouldn't change

I guess this gives us an indication as to how few ppl are running TWP 1.4 under 4.x

John1980
10-04-2006, 05:26 PM
So. If I wanted to use hackman, it would be better to go back to 1.31? Thanks.

Yes. While Hackman is not actually included in the v1.2.2+ releases, it has a better change of working with the v1.3.1 distributions as the internal structures have not changed in that release (although some of the stored functions have). That module is very large and can cause some memory issues on units with a large number of channels which is why I dropped it when creating the v1.2.2-1.3.1 distributions.

BTUx9 has taken that distribution and made many changes to the way the software handles channels which has really speed up the startup and greatly increased the reliability on DTivo units (and this has become the v1.4.0-beta distribution). It is a work in progress and many major changes are made with each distribution as new things are tried and tested. When things settle down and the internals are "finalised" we can then look at what changes will be required to the Hackman module in order to get it working - in the meantime he is busy enough making the required changes to all of the other included modules.

Hackman does have the potential to mess up the startup scripts if it is not configured correctly so messing around with the code that it relies upon could have unforseen cercumstances - so it's best we avoid it until we are ready to include it.

ttabbal
10-04-2006, 05:28 PM

That seems to have worked. Thanks!

ttabbal
10-04-2006, 05:33 PM
can just "vwait_new db" instead of forever... it shouldn't change

I guess this gives us an indication as to how few ppl are running TWP 1.4 under 4.x

Well, there is that. :) I've been meaning to upgrade to 6.x, but I can't risk it till the mid-season break. The wife would kill me if I broke them now.

BTUxNine
10-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Well, there is that. :) I've been meaning to upgrade to 6.x, but I can't risk it till the mid-season break. The wife would kill me if I broke them now.
It's definitely a worthwhile upgrade... only thing you really lose is sendkey

cheer
10-04-2006, 05:36 PM
It's definitely a worthwhile upgrade... only thing you really lose is sendkey
Sendkey doesn't work on 4.x either, does it?

gamo62
10-05-2006, 02:36 AM
Well. The last release that I have been able to use of the 1.40 beta was 060930. Everything past that renders TWP inop. Hackman has been disabled, and it still won't work past the 060930 release. I get errors when I use the channel guide and anything to do with record with any release dated after the 30th. Thanks.

G.W.

John1980
10-05-2006, 02:59 AM
Using GuideDataChecker (Date VS ChannelGrid) produces this message.

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_gdchecker '/datevschannel' ''
can't read "secs": no such variable

This is fixed in the latest 061005 distribution (which I just updated).

BTUxNine
10-05-2006, 03:35 AM
Well. The last release that I have been able to use of the 1.40 beta was 060930. Everything past that renders TWP inop. Hackman has been disabled, and it still won't work past the 060930 release. I get errors when I use the channel guide and anything to do with record with any release dated after the 30th. Thanks.

G.W.
please post the errors and logs if applicable -- running an absolutely clean install (to a new dir, preferably)

gamo62
10-05-2006, 06:13 AM
please post the errors and logs if applicable -- running an absolutely clean install (to a new dir, preferably)

This is from tivoweb.log

1. NONE variable "release" already exists
while executing
"global file14 file15 file16 release twrun passok ps pos ppassword send_key startcmd filelist"
("uplevel" body line 2839)
invoked from within
"uplevel 1 "$s" "

2.resources
Loaded 0 resource definitions

Thanks.

Hackman is not enabled

John1980
10-05-2006, 07:09 AM
while executing

The code you are having trouble with is not part of the TWP package (it does not exist in either v1.3.1 or v1.4.0). I would suggest you do the following to remove the offending code:

<Shutdown any currently running TivoWeb/Plus servers>
# mkdir -p /var/hack
# cd /var/hack
# rm -rf TivoWebPlus
# tar xvzf tivowebplus-beta-061005.tgz
# cd TivoWebPlus
# ./tivoweb

gamo62
10-05-2006, 12:04 PM
This is from tivoweb.log

while executing
("uplevel" body line 2839)
invoked from within
"uplevel 1 "$s" "

2.resources
Loaded 0 resource definitions

Thanks.

Hackman is not enabled

Deleting and reinstalling got rid of #1. But #2 still exists. Thanks.

BTUxNine
10-05-2006, 01:37 PM
Deleting and reinstalling got rid of #1. But #2 still exists. Thanks.
loaded 0 resources is not an error

muddy
10-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah, it wasn't reported in those threads, because the symptoms weren't obviously due to tivowebplus. Took a little digging to figure out what was nuking /dev/null.

Sorry if I came off as grumpy about it, but I've chased this same problem down a couple of times over the last year, and I'm trying to get the word out that "wget -O /dev/null" is a bad idea.

Can you give me the command to recreate /dev/nul, I hope that
is my problem, now hangs on boot, I saw wget -0 /dev/nul running
and tivoweb hung so I rebooted, It now has yellow power and red record
and just hangs. Took drive out and /dev/nul is missing.. From what
I have read it is hanging on kernel load so this may not be it..

Thanks,
Ron

mchahn
10-05-2006, 09:12 PM
(Killed, wrong thread, sorry)

BTUxNine
10-05-2006, 09:17 PM
you really shouldn't reboot... when it says up to an hour, it really means up to 24!

iguy
10-06-2006, 12:39 AM
I am a little stumped by this one... the loading of this module should not actually be executing any code (it should just be loading the modules from the library). I am not sure what could be done in the way of debugging although I would be interested if the latest 1.4.0 (061003) helps out the situation as I have made a little change to the loading process.

I usually debug using 'puts "DBG: blah blah"' statements which will appear in the log file. Not sure where these could be placed in your situation....

I appreciate the feedback here. The problem has been resolved in one of two ways.

1) I found that I had some kind of corruption that occurred to one of the episodes of Fantastic Four I had recorded. (Could have been the initial cause of all of this...) When I viewed the Now Showing List with "Grouped" turned on, I had the following: (a) One episode of Fantasitc Four and then One group with 3 episdoes of Fantastic Four. When I viewed or attempted to view the info on either batch it would show the same epsiode (latest one). In the Now Showing Interface on the TV I saw this.

However if I went in through the 1.3.1 TWP version it worked fine and showed the proper title information for all 4 episodes I had. 1.4.0-061002 beta would not start at all. 1.3.1 had some better error management for this situation. ????

I've since watched the episode and that resolved the TV interface to Now Showing. It now shows the 3 episodes and titles grouped properly.

2) I updated to 061005 and it works fine. However the problem might have been resolved by (1).

Thanks to John1980 & BTUxnine & others for all suggestions and support on this.

John1980
10-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Can you give me the command to recreate /dev/nul

Firstly, it's /dev/null on a Unix system, and this device is typically created using:

mknod -m 666 /dev/null c 1 3

gamo62
10-06-2006, 05:40 AM
After updating, I got this error when trying to restart. The 061006 package was the one I used. I was previously using the 051006 pkg.

http
can't read "conf(Username)": no such variable
while executing
"set userpass "$conf(Username):$conf(Password)""
(procedure "readconfig" line 19)
invoked from within
"readconfig"
(file "./load.tcl" line 209)
invoked from within
"source $source_dir/load.tcl"
(procedure "load" line 4)
invoked from within
"load 0"
(file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 31)

John1980
10-06-2006, 06:55 AM
can't read "conf(Username)": no such variable

I've updated the distribution to use (UserName) which should resolve this issue.

beejaycee
10-06-2006, 09:59 AM
I tried to use "upgrade" from 061005 to 061006 on my HDVR2 6.2. I got the "upgraded successfully" message but now I am getting an error when trying to load:

BedroomTiVo-bash# tivoweb console
BedroomTiVo-bash#
BedroomTiVo-bash# Starting TWP pid=8326
TivoWebPlus - v1.4.0 (1.4.0 (oztivo-061006))
PoolSize=2916352
Loading libs...
html
sendkey
util
http
index
-running init_channelList--- completed in 0 seconds
-running init_logoindex--- completed in 0 seconds
-running init_genreindex--- completed in 0 seconds
-running init_sp_cache--- completed in 0 seconds
can't read "::conf(DST_Policy)": no such element in array
while executing
"if {$::conf(DST_Policy) != 0} {
# Override settings
set daylightsavings $::conf(DST_Policy)
}"
(file "./load.tcl" line 237)
invoked from within
invoked from within
"load 0"

Cheezmo
10-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Any thoughts on logo importing, which broke a few releases ago?

Detected Type 1 Palette/Size Format
Successfully Imported Image

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_logos '/import/' 'set "file" "kdaf3-s1-p1.png";set "lspace" "1";set "submit" "Import";'
no such object: 2472353
while executing
"dbobj $logogroup add Image $imgfsid"
("uplevel" body line 4)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set logogroup [db $db open "/LogoGroup/$lspace:1:1"]
dbobj $logogroup add Index [expr $key & 0xffff]
dbobj $logogroup add Image $im..."
(procedure "show_import" line 124)
invoked from within
"show_import $chan [join [lrange $parsedPath 2 end] {/}] $env"
(procedure "action_logos" line 14)
invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
--cut here--

John1980
10-07-2006, 07:34 AM
I put defaults for all the configuration file parameters back into the code which should resolve the conf(XXX) errors. I had a quick look at the logo import problem and fixed up a piece of the code, but might have to wait until BTUx9 has a little time to look into it as it has change quite a bit since v1.3.1.

Cheezmo
10-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Logos no longer produces an error message, but it doesn't work either ;)

Thanks for looking at it. I'll see if I can't get everything imported with 1.3.1.

PortlandPaw
10-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Hackman isn't compatible with this beta, and until we've implemented all the changes, it's not really worth pursuing (because the next few changes in how modules are loaded will DEFINITELY affect hackman)

If PortlandPaw feels differently, he's more than welcome to contact me here or on TCF
I am a bit miffed that two years of hard work and development is being rendered instantly obsolete. I mean, this isn't Microsoft, ferchrissake!

I'd appreciate some direction on what your efforts are doing to the traditional TW platform and what adjustments are needed to remain compatible. I'm assuming that some version checking branches can make hackman remain compatible with all flavors of TivoWeb and models of TiVo.

Can we make it so?

DVDKingdom
10-08-2006, 04:15 AM
I get the following error messages when using sysadmin (Remount)
1.INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_sysadmin '/remount-ro' ''
invalid command name "sysadmin_remount-ro"
while executing
"sysadmin_$path $chan $path"
(procedure "action_sysadmin" line 25)
invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
--cut here--

2.INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_sysadmin '/remount-rw' ''
invalid command name "sysadmin_remount-rw"
while executing
invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
--cut here--

DVDKingdom
10-08-2006, 04:15 AM
I get the following error message when using sysadmin (FixSurf)

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_sysadmin '/fixsurf' ''
invalid command name "sysadmin_fixsurf"
while executing
invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
--cut here--

PS thanks for the continued improvements in this application.

John1980
10-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Latest bunch of fixes and updates have been released as a new 061008 distribution.

bato
10-08-2006, 11:15 PM
1.4.0-beta-061008 log:

Loading completed in 4 seconds -- Accepting Connections
can't read "x": variable is array
while executing
"set t $x"
invoked from within
"vwait_new dyncfg"
(file "./httpd-tt.tcl" line 43)

1.3.1-061006 runs ok.

BTUxNine
10-08-2006, 11:24 PM
crap... well, the only good solution is to just use vwait, and use the vwait tivoapp patch if it gives problems.
take out the whole if... and just replace with the else clause "vwait dyncfg"

John1980
10-08-2006, 11:42 PM
crap... well, the only good solution is to just use vwait, and use the vwait tivoapp patch if it gives problems.
take out the whole if... and just replace with the else clause "vwait dyncfg"

I'm definitely not a TCL guru, but looking at the manual for "trace" it looks like we might be able to work around it using that. For instance, we can have "trace" monitoring changes to the the array and set a scalar variable if it changes (and then use vwait_new on the scaler).

I might have a play tonight to see if this would work.

John1980
10-09-2006, 03:51 AM
The latest bundle includes fixes for the above errors as well as "folder" support by BTUx9. The folder support allows modules to be grouped in an adhoc way by the user (currently this can only be done via the manual editing of the ./config/dyncfg.cfg file).

gamo62
10-09-2006, 05:57 AM
beta 1.40 061009 release

I get this when trying to view channel logos and search. Thanks.

First:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_logos '' ''
expected integer but got ""
while executing
"binary format I $val"
(procedure "findChannel" line 3)
invoked from within
"findChannel chinfo $fsid 12"
(procedure "getStationData" line 8)
invoked from within
"getStationData chinfo $fsid"
(procedure "action_logos" line 30)
invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
--cut here--
INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_search '' ''
missing "
while compiling
"puts $chan "[js ukgenre]"
("if" then script line 2)
while compiling
"if { $::dtivo } { ..."
("if" then script line 9)
while compiling
"if {$w == 0} { ..."
(compiling body of proc "action_search", line 30)
invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
--cut here--

Second:

John1980
10-09-2006, 06:33 AM
beta 1.40 061009 release
I get this when trying to view channel logos and search.

Bundle has been updated to resolve these faults.

Cheezmo
10-09-2006, 10:03 AM
I've been noticing some funny numbers in Info (negative Total Free, Deleted larger than Total Free, etc.) on my 6.3a systems. I found some double counting going on and rewrote things a bit. While I'm pretty sure this is accurate on 6.3a, I'm not familiar with what may be going on with other versions so I'll leave it to others to integrate my changes.

I basically took out the separate loop through Recording/InProgress since all those entries are also in /DiskUsed and it is simple enough to check them to see which ones are the recordings in progress and live caches. I also moved the LiveCache time computation (which is still suspect on an HD Tivo) into get_rec_dur, where it seems it belongs.

Cheezmo
10-09-2006, 10:11 AM
I get this loading the latest build...

can't read "::dyncfg(folders)": no such element in array
while executing
"foreach {short long modlist} $::dyncfg(folders) {
lappend mods [list "folder/$n" "<b><i>$short</i></b>" "$long Folder"]
incr n
foreach url $modlist {
..."
(procedure "make_menu" line 5)
invoked from within
"make_menu"
(file "./load.tcl" line 285)
invoked from within
invoked from within
"load 0"

Also, I'm then unable to try again as it reports...

Error: The last session did not complete successfully
We may be in a reboot loop, so exiting

beejaycee
10-09-2006, 11:57 AM
FWIW, I'm getting the same error message on my HDVR2 6.2 with the latest build.

I get this loading the latest build...

can't read "::dyncfg(folders)": no such element in array
while executing
"foreach {short long modlist} $::dyncfg(folders) {
lappend mods [list "folder/$n" "<b><i>$short</i></b>" "$long Folder"]
incr n
foreach url $modlist {
..."
(procedure "make_menu" line 5)
invoked from within
"make_menu"
(file "./load.tcl" line 285)
invoked from within
invoked from within
"load 0"

Also, I'm then unable to try again as it reports...

Error: The last session did not complete successfully
We may be in a reboot loop, so exiting

BTUxNine
10-09-2006, 02:21 PM
you really need to do a quit/restart for the folders to load properly, and I don't think update does that reliably, as it currently stands

BTW, the reboot warning should only stop a single attempt... running tivoweb again SHOULD let it start properly

Cheezmo
10-09-2006, 02:30 PM
I tried the quit/restart, but the only way I was able to get it to load was to put a catch around the attempt to read ::dynconf(folders). Now all my modules are flat in one big list.

gamo62
10-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Bundle has been updated to resolve these faults.

Thanks for all of your hard work as well as Nine.