PDA

View Full Version : Comcast/Motorola HD DVR

Mikell808
09-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Is there anyway to install a larger hard drive in the Comcast/Motorola HD DVR. This thing only has 15 hours of HD recording time.

bozo8787
09-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Is there anyway to install a larger hard drive in the Comcast/Motorola HD DVR. This thing only has 15 hours of HD recording time.

I feel u. I had the same issue when I had Comcast and that same Motorala DVR.
I just can't see how a company will put a tiny 120gb hdd for HD content. For SD it's actually decent size.

Have u Googled this?

AJames81
11-03-2006, 04:07 PM
I just got set up with the newest DVR from Comcast and I was told you can record two shows and watch a third. I tried to do that last night and I could record both, but the only channels I could watch were the two I was recording (making the recording of one pointless). Is there a way to watch the third channel?

Narf54321
11-03-2006, 07:35 PM
I just got set up with the newest DVR from Comcast and I was told you can record two shows and watch a third. I tried to do that last night and I could record both, but the only channels I could watch were the two I was recording (making the recording of one pointless). Is there a way to watch the third channel?

Tivo themselves make similar claims with their new series-3 units. What they mean is that you can record two shows (on the dual tuners) and watch a third pre-recorded program from the hard drive.