PDA

View Full Version : HR10-250 stream from PC

Swytch
10-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Ive been searchign the forums for days now, and am having trouble finding the answer to my specific situation...

I have a hacked DTivo HR10-250 (3.1.5f) and have successfully extracted shows from it... from what I have found HMO and MRV on this unit is not possible at least for Tivo to Tivo and Tivo to PC...

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to watch the recordings stored on my PC on my DTivo?

I know I can use mfs_ftp to transfer the recordings back to the Tivo and watch them, but I'm looking for a way to keep them stored on my PC and access them from my Tivo, is this possible?

Thank you

cheer
10-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Not possible as of yet -- at least, not with any kind of canned app. You'd basically have to write some scripts to start a (modified) mfs_ftp upload for you.

Swytch
10-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Thank you, this is what i was thinkingthe case to be...

I do recall seeing posts of people being succesful getting HMO to use images and audio on a PC displayed/played on a HR10-250 (i beleive with tivodesktop), is this possible? if so, why would video not work?

cheer
10-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Actually HMO isn't yet available on the HR10-250, but even if it were it wouldn't support video. And to answer your "why" question...because photos != videos.

ScanMan
10-11-2006, 08:37 PM
What I'm wondering is if there is a way to watch the recordings stored on my PC on my DTivo?Not in tivo (ty*) format; but if you convert them to MPEG or AVI, you can use the 'tivoserver' program on your PC to serve video to tivo. Check out the support thread here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44485&highlight=tivoserver).

EDIT: I appear to be wrong based on Cheer's response; no MRV/HMO on the HR10-250; sorry I'm an SA guy!

SpoonsJTD
10-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Actually HMO isn't yet available on the HR10-250, but even if it were it wouldn't support video. And to answer your "why" question...because photos != videos.

There were some nifty tricks people did with HMO for getting the weather and movie times, among other things.

I wonder if you could use HMO to trigger movie uploads by implementing an HMO server that exposed photos for all the shows and triggered an mfs upload when you requested the photo. This would be a last resort if HMO could be enabled, but MRV couldn't. Although it sounds like if anything is 'enable-able' on the 6.3, HME would be before HMO since 6.3 is based on a newer code base that had HME. Might be even more options with HME since it is more powerful than HMO. (Actually, isn't HME just HMO++?)

cheer
10-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Yeah...if you look at the HME galleries that Tivo has, or even just poke around at Galleon, you see that you can actually create menus and the like.

If MRV is truly gone from 6.3/6.3a, and HME is there and can be enabled, then using an HME app to trigger mfs_ftp uploads might be a workaround.

Swytch
10-11-2006, 11:54 PM

I see, I was just figuring if there was a hack or app to get it to stream any type of media from pc to tivo you could get it to stream any type of media...

tase2
10-28-2006, 04:33 PM
because photos != videos.

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but forgetting about video, can photos from a pc be shown on a hdtivo running 3.1.5?

mattdb
10-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Yeah...if you look at the HME galleries that Tivo has, or even just poke around at Galleon, you see that you can actually create menus and the like.

If MRV is truly gone from 6.3/6.3a, and HME is there and can be enabled, then using an HME app to trigger mfs_ftp uploads might be a workaround.

Man I hope HME is there, but from what I have been reading it doesn't appear to be. This whole HMO MRV HME scene has been really quite. :(

Matt

stevel
10-30-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm not exactly sure what that means, but forgetting about video, can photos from a pc be shown on a hdtivo running 3.1.5?

No, because the HMO code is not in 3.1.5.

cheer
11-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Man I hope HME is there, but from what I have been reading it doesn't appear to be. This whole HMO MRV HME scene has been really quite. :(

Matt
I'm reasonably certain that MRV isn't, and I'm fairly optomistic that HME is.

mattdb
11-08-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm reasonably certain that MRV isn't, and I'm fairly optomistic that HME is.

There doesn't seem to be any progress on any of this anywhere.