PDA

View Full Version : Chapters

stucd
10-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Hi,

Im having problems getting chapters into my DVDs.

Im extracting the ty file using tytool converting to vobs and editing them in videoredo. In Videoredo I set it to include chapter points every 5mins and a chp file is created.

I then create the menus (Iam adding several programs to one DVD) and IFO using tytool.

The DVD is created fine and plays fine but I do not seem to have any chapters in the programs on the DVD.

What am I doing wrong?

Stuart

Narf54321
10-16-2006, 11:15 PM
I sure wish jdiner was still hanging around. It sounds like TyTool is ignoring the chp file.

bato
10-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Are you sure the Videoredo chapter file is compatible with TyTool chapter format?

Try to edit with VideoRedo, then process again with TyTool to create the chapters with TyTool and end processing your DVD with TyTool and see if the chp files are different and if it works this way.

stucd
10-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Sorted now.

If I export as a vob in videoredo when I create the ifo in tytool the chapters are ignored. If I export as mpg and then mux in tytool and then create the ifo all is well.

Thanks for your help though

Stuart

bato
10-18-2006, 05:53 PM
I used VideoReDo a while ago and the VOB export is more like a mpg file with empty NAV parms (or something like that) and its up to the DVD authoring program to fill the information to make it work with chapters, ff, rw, etc. AFAIK TyTool will not fill the information.

Great that you find a solution/workaround.