PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with ty files and MAC OS X for HD shows.

chezpaul
11-04-2006, 03:42 AM
I have a question for all OS X users out there.
What do you guys use to merge ty files together ?

I know I could use Tivotools and I do but for some reason, downloading the tmp files directly and then converting the individual ty files with ffmpeg to avi just gives me a much better result. But I'm still dealing with individual avi files for one show. I would like to merge the ty files once they are on my mac. Can this be done ? How do you guys work ?
I'm talking about HD shows by the way.

chezpaul
11-17-2006, 04:24 AM
Just did a google search on this subject and found this post.. nice.. Proves google works quite well.. but we knew that..

mr_zorg
11-17-2006, 01:54 PM
I have a question for all OS X users out there.
What do you guys use to merge ty files together ?

I know I could use Tivotools and I do but for some reason, downloading the tmp files directly and then converting the individual ty files with ffmpeg to avi just gives me a much better result. But I'm still dealing with individual avi files for one show. I would like to merge the ty files once they are on my mac. Can this be done ? How do you guys work ?
I'm talking about HD shows by the way.
I haven't done hardly any HD shows, I've stuck mostly with SD. One thing I noticed is that tivotool doesn't seem to be properly passing the audio offset to hdemux, which would cause some minor sync problems (unless the audio is WAY off). Also, it sounds like bcc has some newer versions of hdemux that do a better job, as well as a new tool that handles the demux/remux all in one step. But alas, he's no longer releasing source and unless we can tell him how to setup a cross-compiler for OS X, we're stuck with the old one. :(

chezpaul
11-17-2006, 02:29 PM
I haven't done hardly any HD shows, I've stuck mostly with SD. One thing I noticed is that tivotool doesn't seem to be properly passing the audio offset to hdemux, which would cause some minor sync problems (unless the audio is WAY off). Also, it sounds like bcc has some newer versions of hdemux that do a better job, as well as a new tool that handles the demux/remux all in one step. But alas, he's no longer releasing source and unless we can tell him how to setup a cross-compiler for OS X, we're stuck with the old one. :(

Yeah, I've been reading his thread and it doesn't look like he likes mac people that much... and takes everything very personaly...:(