PDA

View Full Version : Linux VLC 0.8.6 Modules (libvstream)

didjit
11-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Anyone successfully compiled libvstream_plugin.so on Linux? On Ubuntu-Edgy and I get the following error:

vstream.h:23: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘vlc_url_t’
bitmap.c: In function ‘vstream_bitmap_set’:
bitmap.c:31: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
make: *** [libvstream_plugin_a-bitmap.o] Error 1

Any suggestions?
TIA

Didjit

mithralleaf
02-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Has anyone compiled these for VLC 8.6?

Smee
02-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Has anyone compiled these for VLC 8.6?

For that matter, anyone sucessflly compiled this for windows??

mithralleaf
02-12-2007, 12:57 AM
I've played around a little bit and now am getting this error:
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -DSYS_LINUX -I../../../include `top_builddir="../../.." ../../../vlc-config --cflags plugin vstream` -Wsign-compare -Wall -pipe -MT libvstream_plugin_a-bitmap.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/libvstream_plugin_a-bitmap.Tpo" -c -o libvstream_plugin_a-bitmap.o `test -f 'bitmap.c' || echo './'`bitmap.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/libvstream_plugin_a-bitmap.Tpo" ".deps/libvstream_plugin_a-bitmap.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/libvstream_plugin_a-bitmap.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
In file included from proto.h:9,
from mfs.h:197,
from bitmap.c:1:
vstream.h:23: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘vlc_url_t’
make: *** [libvstream_plugin_a-bitmap.o] Error 1

This is the line:
vlc_url_t url; /* the parsed url */
It seems to want a variable type. Anyone have an idea what it should be?

mithralleaf
02-14-2007, 10:52 PM
I managed to compile the vstream module by adding this to the includes #include <vlc_url.h>
but the compiled module crashes vlc when it is started. Is development for this tool dead?

oakwcj
02-15-2007, 11:13 AM
I've switched to an HR20, and I don't have either of my DirecTivos running at the moment, but I have compiled the module on Fedora for each new version of VLC, including 0.8.6. My guess is that you didn't re-compile the vlc_ty module. The one that ships with VLC doesn't work. You can get the source code and instructions from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tivo-vlc/

mithralleaf
02-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Did you have to modify the code any?

oakwcj
02-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Did you have to modify the code any?

I don't think so. I just replaced the ty.c file that ships with VLC with the one from Sourceforge and ran ./configure and then ./make long enough for the new libty_plugin.so to be built. I then copied it over to /usr/lib64/vlc/demux. If you're running a 64-bit system, I'd be happy to send you mine.

mithralleaf
02-16-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm using 32 bit. I appreciate the offer though. I had to modify vstream.h by adding #include <vlc_url.h> to get it to compile. You did not have to do this to compile libvstream_plugin.so? I have recompiled both libvstream_plugin.so and libty_plugin.so. I am at work so I cannot test them right now.

oakwcj
02-16-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm using 32 bit. I appreciate the offer though. I had to modify vstream.h by adding #include <vlc_url.h> to get it to compile. You did not have to do this to compile libvstream_plugin.so? I have recompiled both libvstream_plugin.so and libty_plugin.so. I am at work so I cannot test them right now.

Yes, I had to add the #include <vlc_url.h> to compile the vstream module. I think that became necessary with 0.8.5.