PDA

View Full Version : Putting Ty's back onto the TiVo

alextegg
11-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Hi,

I just put a new disc in my TiVo and I archived off some streams using TyTool as .ty files first.

I was intending to put them back afterwards. I think I now realise I should have used mfs_ftp, but I am where I am.

Not very clued up on this stuff, have searched but can't find any instructions for how to re-load ty files onto the tivo, or absolute confirmation it can't be done, but I did see something about it being hard as XML files need to be created?

Can someone enlighten me?

Ta

Alex

cheer
11-17-2006, 02:05 PM
You can insert those with mfs_ftp, although the "show" information (episode name, date, etc.) will be gone. Inserting tystreams downloaded with TyTool usually works for me.

Yazhol
11-18-2006, 01:24 PM
I recently moved some shows from my SD-DVR80 to one of my HR10's using mfs_ftp in .tmf format and now I can't change my shows to be an episode. They all show as "not an episode" and this is keeping me from grouping them and editing the titles.

Any ideas how I can do this?

I know I've used mfs_ftp to insert .tmf shows before and been able to update the info afterwards but I can' this time for some reason.

Nevermind, I found my old notes. Amazing how reading old notes can suddenly spark your memory.