PDA

View Full Version : MovieLoader: HME meets MFS_FTP

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

gfb107
11-27-2006, 12:19 PM
MovieLoader is a simple HME app (that means you need an HME enabled TiVo w/ mfs_ftp) to allow you to transfer recordings (.tmf, .ty, and .ty+ files ) between (to or from) your TiVo and your PC or other FTP servers directly from the TiVo UI, using your remote. The FTP servers could be other mfs_ftp enabled TiVos, even those that are not HME enabled.

For details and screen captures, see the Readme.html included in the .zip file.

v0.17 MovieLoader.v0.17.zip (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6689&d=1205876328)

Add support for shows with # in the title or episode title

v0.16 MovieLoader.v0.16.zip (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6645&d=1201990166)

Allow remapping of keys (see the Readme.html)
Remove requirement for Java 1.6. It'll work with either 1.5 or 1.6

v0.15 MovieLoader.v0.15.zip (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6617&d=1199648819)
Display the event queue with newest entries first Only keep the last 2 copies of the cache update log Fix exporting shows from a folder on the computer.

v0.14 MovieLoader.v0.14.zip (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6557&d=1194530307)
Fix memory leak causing "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" messages

v0.13a MovieLoader.v0.13a.zip (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6528&d=1193057819)
Set folder dates correctly
Updates for v0.13
Add ability to transfer shows between any two defined sources, as explained here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=288606&postcount=605). A cache update in progress will be aborted if a transfer or delete is requested. Another cache update will be added to the queue after the cache update interval The cache update interval is configurable using the CacheUpdateInterval= line in MovieLoader.properties. It defaults to 15 (minutes) Work with ty-ffmpeg generated xml. Note that you should be using ty-ffmpeg v0.17 or later Shows that have a pending delete will not have the "Delete" choice available, and can not be deleted using the Clear key. Shows are removed from the cache once deleted (after any previously pending operations)

*** Updated 10/01/2006 for v0.12a ***
Fixed issue with setting Title in MovieLoader.properties Enabled use of Clear key to delete shows Added support for WaitForFirstCacheUpdate=No property so MovieLoader will work under Galleon or as a Service. Fix parsing of file names with station named {}

*** Updated 9/29/2007 for v0.12 ***
Improved documentation, see the Readme.html included in the .zip file.
Add CoverArtFolder entry to MovieLoader.properties, which defines a fallback folder for cover art when no cover art is found at the same location as the shows. Add delete support Cosmetic fixes and improvements

*** Updated 3/5/2007 ***
Return to show list after adding transfer Add checks to prevent accidentally adding duplicate transfers

*** Updated 3/2/2007 ***
Fixed disappearing text when re-entering MovieLoader, as reported here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=276996&postcount=249).

*** Updated 2/28/2007 ***
Uploaded new version with the following changes:
Dates are now sorted in descending order Go directly to the transfer details screen when importing/exporting a show Return to the show listing screen when returning from the transfer details screen. Cancel inactive transfers (from the transfer queue screen or the transfer details screen) using the Clear button. Clean up layout of show listing screens. Clean up logs folder at startup.

*** Updated 2/21/2007 ***
Uploaded latest version since all attachments were lost when the thread was accidentally deleted.
There have been a number of changes, especially to how MovieLoader is launched, so make sure you read the Readme.html included in the zip file.

This version loads all show lists and show details rather than retrieving it on demand when the user interacts with MovieLoader. There is a 15 minute interval after an update completes and the next update begins. This causes 2 side-effects: All folders and directories will appear to be empty until the first update completes. Newly added shows won't appear until the following update completes.

These updates are performed as jobs on the transfer queue. They are included in the pending job count, but do not show a progress bar.

Displayed dates are now formatted is a more user-friendly manner.

Switched from my own FTP class to the one in Jakarta Commons Net (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/)

There are probably other changes as well, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

*** Updated 02/06/2007 ***
Added pre-fetching and caching of show lists and details for FTP servers. It'll take a few minutes after first starting MovieLoader before you'll be able to see the shows on FTP servers, while MovieLoader pre-fetches.
The cache is created in the working directory (or the directory specified on the command line).
Each FTP server gets it's own sub-directory, with a name built from the host and port of the FTP server. The time between cache updates is 15 minutes. Added ability to export shows. If the IP address of the HME client (TiVo on which you are interacting with MovieLoader) matches the IP address of the FTP server containing the shows, you can export the show (rather than import, which wouldn't make any sense). Display the recorded date when listing shows (rather than original air date (OAD)), in a more user-friendly format. The OAD is still used for sorting (first sort by title, then OAD, then episode, then recorded date) Include both the OAD and the recorded date in the show details, again using a user-friendly format.

*** Updates 1/25/2007
Put description in Readme.html Added a transfer queue Look for .xml/.txt detail file before looking for embedded xml Improve progress bar Allow re-entering MovieLoader while a transfer is in progress Added show grouping (by title, always enabled) Improved show listing to make it more readable. Show only titles (except in a group, in which case only the episode is shown). Improved support for FTP servers that aren't setup to replicate the mfs_ftp directory structure.
*** Updated 12/19/2006 ***
Added command line parameter to specify the properties file or show directory

*** Updated 12/9/2006 ***
Added a progress indicator to the transfer screen Updated screen captures to show progress indicator.

*** Updated 12/5/2006 ***
Minor improvements to file name parsing Configuration via MovieLoader.properties Customize the title Multiple source directories, with optional custom name

mr_zorg
11-27-2006, 04:41 PM
If you have multiple IP addresses, you can specify which one you want to use on the command line by adding
--intf <ipaddress>
Just to clarify (since HME may not be well understood by everyone yet), this is for setting the IP of your PC for the hosted app, not the IP of the TiVo -- correct?

gfb107
11-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Correct, this allows you to specify which IP on your PC (if you have more than one) to use for communicating with HME-enabled TiVos.

Prof. Honeydew
11-28-2006, 03:28 AM
Correct, this allows you to specify which IP on your PC (if you have more than one) to use for communicating with HME-enabled TiVos.

Cool. I can't wait to try this out. (Well I do have to wait for the HME to be enabled)

In the meantime...

It seems that there are two XML formats (see my post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51974) in the Newbie forum.) Are you only supporting the Tivo/mfs_ftp one? Or are you handling the alternate format that tivoserver can use, too?

gfb107
11-28-2006, 08:05 AM
MovieLoader supports the mfs_ftp format only.

Maybe I should remove support for external .xml and .txt files, because it might give the impression that those details are transferred to the TiVo. They are not. The external .xml and .txt files are used only for the details screen in MovieLoader, to help the user before initiating a transfer to the TiVo.

When the XML is embedded in the .ty/.ty+/.tmf file, the details are shown on the MovieLoader details screen and are also transferred to the TiVo.

All the real work, which is the actual insertion of the file, is done by mfs_ftp.
MovieLoader is just a front end that lets you initiate an ftp put of a .ty/.ty+/.tmf file to your TiVo.

As is true for mfs_ftp in general, the preferred format for insertion is .tmf. Not only is it the easiest format for extracting the xml information, it is also the format that is most reliable for insertion.

mr_zorg
11-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Maybe I should remove support for external .xml and .txt files, because it might give the impression that those details are transferred to the TiVo. They are not. The external .xml and .txt files are used only for the details screen in MovieLoader, to help the user before initiating a transfer to the TiVo.
I like it, so I vote to keep the feature... Though that does sound like a good FAQ question.

usa11usa
11-28-2006, 07:32 PM
does this work on a DircTV tivo

mr_zorg
11-28-2006, 08:13 PM
does this work on a DircTV tivo
It does if you're lucky enough to know the tricks to enable HME on those boxes. It can be done, and one day (hopefully) soon, that information will be released publicly.

cheer
11-28-2006, 08:40 PM
It does if you're lucky enough to know the tricks to enable HME on those boxes. It can be done, and one day (hopefully) soon, that information will be released publicly.
Notice, though, that his sig says he has 5 DTivos running 6.2...6.2 doesn't have the HME code, so this will likely never work with them. (But then you don't need it with 6.2 boxes; just run Tivoserver.)

SpoonsJTD
11-28-2006, 08:42 PM

Based on his sig (5 DTivo's running 6.2), I am guessing he was more curious about the SD DTivo's.

HME doesn't currently and very likely won't ever run on the SD DTivo's (unless someone does some actual code insertion patching that goes far beyond the typical 'superpatching') which means this neat new app can't be used with them. They have HMO, the less functional predecessor to HME, but they are capable of having MRV turned on which is what this app is a substitute for on the HR10-250.

[Update: Yeah, what cheer said. Sometimes I don't know why I bother. :)]

Prof. Honeydew
11-29-2006, 12:18 AM
I like it, so I vote to keep the feature... Though that does sound like a good FAQ question.

I agree leave it. I just wanted a confirmation.

And yes it would be a good FAQ for others like me that got into this backwards, starting with tivoserver first and just recently picking up mfs_ftp.

mr_zorg
11-29-2006, 01:17 AM
Notice, though, that his sig says he has 5 DTivos running 6.2...6.2 doesn't have the HME code, so this will likely never work with them. (But then you don't need it with 6.2 boxes; just run Tivoserver.)
True that. Of course, I tend only to think of things in my little world with the HR10-250. :p

gfb107
12-02-2006, 09:35 AM
18 downloads and no feedback?

SpoonsJTD
12-02-2006, 06:41 PM
How about on option to specify a set of directories to use as show directories?

That combined with one of the many map-ftp-as-network-drive utilities would let me map a network drive to the mfs_ftp directories of other tivos and expose them through MovieLoader.

Copying some files now to try exposing local files to try it out ...

mr_zorg
12-02-2006, 10:21 PM
That combined with one of the many map-ftp-as-network-drive utilities would let me map a network drive to the mfs_ftp directories of other tivos and expose them through MovieLoader.
An interesting idea, but from what I've seen retrieving the directory listing from mfs_ftp is pretty slow. If it had to scan those file listings everytime you fired it up I should think it would be real slow... Not to mention trying to extract the xml out of a tmf file would be a disaster... :)

But an option to add ftp sources could be useful with multiple tivos. It would have to show them as a directory that you drill down into before it goes to fetch the listings, and would have to skip loading the details.

mr_zorg
12-02-2006, 10:28 PM
18 downloads and no feedback?
I didn't want to get too greedy, you've done such nice work so-far. But since you asked, here's my wish list:

When you in initiate a transfer, some sort of progress indicator would be nice.
If you leave a transfer in progress and come back to it, it would be nice to show you that it's already being uploaded and pickup the progress bar where it left off.
An option to list shows currently on the tivo and initiate downloads of them to the PC. (MovieLoader in reverse.)

I'll see what else I can think of. :)

SpoonsJTD
12-02-2006, 11:09 PM
An interesting idea, but from what I've seen retrieving the directory listing from mfs_ftp is pretty slow. If it had to scan those file listings everytime you fired it up I should think it would be real slow... Not to mention trying to extract the xml out of a tmf file would be a disaster... :)

First off, the app looks really good. I downloaded a file locally so I could serve up something from it and the interface is slick.

Back to the feature request: let the ftp mounting utility worry about the ftp. My suggestion to let you specify alternate directories is just to facilitate that, but the feature would be nice regardless. I don't know about other people's home systems, but I have at least three different apps (off the top of my head -- tivoserver, media center pc, and xbmc) that serve up and\or consume media content. This one would make four. I (and others I am guessing) need to be able to separate where the content is stored from the apps that are serving it up and consuming it. The ftp example is just one scenario. Media can be on NAS's, shares, etc. where java and movieloader can't be installed, so it'd be nice to be able to tell it where to look for files.

As an aside, the ftp drive mounting utility I am using does it's own caching. I'm having mixed results with it, but the caching works great. It doesn't hit the ftp server every time the mount is queried and you can specify the cache timeout.

gfb107
12-03-2006, 05:35 PM
I think adding support for multiple source directories is spot on. My initial thought is that each of these directories would appear as individual folders that could be drilled into, rather than merged into a single virtual directory.

If there is only one source directory, I would list it's content directly, to save one level of drilling.

gfb107
12-04-2006, 09:56 PM
I've uploaded a new version. See the announcement post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=270161&postcount=1).

gfb107
12-09-2006, 09:47 PM
I've uploaded another new version. See the announcement post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=270161&postcount=1).

mr_zorg
12-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Nice. One thing I've noticed is when I run it and leave it up, I'm unable to access it later on in the day. It's still running on my PC, but the TiVo doesn't see it anymore. I don't think this is a problem with MovieLoader, per se, but has anyone else noticed this?

EDIT: This may be because my script was not invoking it with the now recommended -jar method. I was still invoking it the original way.

gfb107
12-10-2006, 09:08 PM
It might be related to the Idle Event. I don't handle it, figuring if the user has been idle for 15 minutes it's OK to switch away.

Here's the documentation on it:

Idle Event

An Idle event is sent by the Receiver to the application when the user
has been inactive for 15 minutes. After this time, the Receiver times
out to live TV. The purpose of this event is to prevent burn-in on expensive screens. If you do not want your application to time out, it
should send an acknowledgment within 15 seconds of receiving the
Idle event by implementing handleIdle() and calling
application.acknowledgeIdle(true).
If your application does not time out to live TV, it is a good idea to
run your own screen saver in response to an Idle event. This
technique will prevent screen burn-in on plasma and other expensive
televisions.

mr_zorg
12-10-2006, 11:22 PM
It might be related to the Idle Event. I don't handle it, figuring if the user has been idle for 15 minutes it's OK to switch away.
Sorry, I didn't make that clear. I was talking about leaving the MovieLoader.jar up all the time on my server... Not actually leaving MovieLoader GUI up on the TiVo. I changed the way I was starting up the jar, so we'll see in a day or two if I can still access it. I figure it must be user error. :)

mr_zorg
12-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Pssst.............. For all of you drooling at the prospect of MovieLoader, the 6.x/HR10-250 Tips (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51032) thread now lists HME patches! Enjoy, everyone.

jg123
12-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Sweet. It's time to finally hack my HR10-250.

cheer
12-13-2006, 12:46 PM
So I've been poking around at the source code. Sadly, Java is not my language (and I'm not really a coder anyway), or I'd actually have some code to share. Instead, your stuck with just ideas.

Given that...it looks like it wouldn't take a huge amount of modifications to use another Tivo w/mfs_ftp as a source. The trickiest bit, I suppose, would be enabling some kind of fxp-style xfr, but since MovieLoader already understands multiple "sources" in the form of directories, then it should be possible to have it understand more sources in the form of mfs_ftp hosts.

If I get some time I'll poke around at this, but I've already got way too many projects on my plate as is :) and it's the season where I have even less free time than normal. Oh, yeah, and I'm not much of a coder, as I stated. :)

drez
12-13-2006, 03:10 PM
I'm not a 6.3 user or even have a HR10-250.... but I think this might be helpful to you guys:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=253232#post253232

With chrised's patch (just put p2.tcl in your mfs_ftp folder), mfs_ftp lists the files progressively, instead of dumping a file list all at once 20 seconds after the request. If it doesn't already, MovieLoader should list the shows as they come in, if the user is using p2.tcl. It should probably even be recommended.
(Should also recommend chrised's other patch that preserves folders for recordings with series in mfs_ftp, although I'm not certain if it works with 6.3x: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=246780#post246780)

Note: chrised was modest and stated that the load time might be slower than unpatched with this patch... I've been keeping track in my FTP Client how many seconds it takes to load a directory with and without the patch, and the times are the same.

mr_zorg
12-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Given that...it looks like it wouldn't take a huge amount of modifications to use another Tivo w/mfs_ftp as a source. The trickiest bit, I suppose, would be enabling some kind of fxp-style xfr, but since MovieLoader already understands multiple "sources" in the form of directories, then it should be possible to have it understand more sources in the form of mfs_ftp hosts.
That is actually the impetus for adding multiple directory sources. Most OS's have some mechanism for mounting and FTP directory, just do that and point movie loader at it. On my mac, for example, I can just do "mount_ftp 192.168.x.x/tmf /Volumes/MyTiVo" and then add "/Volumes/MyTiVo" as one of movie loader's sources. (Of course you could use the gui to mount it, but what fun is that?)

cheer
12-13-2006, 05:16 PM
That is actually the impetus for adding multiple directory sources. Most OS's have some mechanism for mounting and FTP directory, just do that and point movie loader at it.
I thought about that, and it would certainly work. But I see two drawbacks to that approach: It's a bit kludgey :) It theoretically doubles the transfer time.
By the second item, I mean that the video data is transferred from the remote Tivo to the PC running MovieLoader via the ftp-mounted-as-a-directory client, then uploaded from PC to the HME Tivo via an mfs_ftp put.

A slicker solution would be to fire off some kind of fxp-based transfer so that the data goes directly from remote Tivo to HME Tivo. But that may not be as trivial as I originally thought, based on the ftp thread code in MovieLoader.

(Need to find a nice command-line-based fxp client...preferably an open-source multiplatform one...then we could just spawn it as needed.)

mr_zorg
12-13-2006, 09:05 PM
A slicker solution would be to fire off some kind of fxp-based transfer so that the data goes directly from remote Tivo to HME Tivo. But that may not be as trivial as I originally thought, based on the ftp thread code in MovieLoader.
I'm not familiar with fxp... In order to go directly from tivo-to-tivo, it would need to telnet into the tivo to kick off the transfer, no doubt. As it stands right now (and it sounds like you're aware, but just in case you're not), the HME doesn't actually run on the TiVo at all, so issuing the command via telnet would be the only way to do it, I would think.

As for doubling the transfer time, even the fastest extract time I've heard of isn't so fast that doubling it would cause any problems for a decent 100Mbps network. Of course, I don't have two tivo's so I can't test that theory. :)

cheer
12-13-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm not familiar with fxp... In order to go directly from tivo-to-tivo, it would need to telnet into the tivo to kick off the transfer, no doubt. As it stands right now (and it sounds like you're aware, but just in case you're not), the HME doesn't actually run on the TiVo at all, so issuing the command via telnet would be the only way to do it, I would think.
No, fxp allows you to set up a device-to-device transfer purely via ftp logins. No telnet required.
As for doubling the transfer time, even the fastest extract time I've heard of isn't so fast that doubling it would cause any problems for a decent 100Mbps network. Of course, I don't have two tivo's so I can't test that theory. :)Maybe. I'll play around with it and see how they go.

mr_zorg
12-14-2006, 01:14 AM
No, fxp allows you to set up a device-to-device transfer purely via ftp logins. No telnet required.
Hmm, that sounds interesting. I'll have to read up on that.

Maybe. I'll play around with it and see how they go.
Though I hadn't considered having more than two transferring simultaneously. That would, most likely saturate your PC if not the whole lan. :)

cheer
12-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Though I hadn't considered having more than two transferring simultaneously. That would, most likely saturate your PC if not the whole lan. :)
Definitely! I'm probably overthinking this -- as you point out, a double-xfr involving the PC is still probably not going to be the bottleneck, given Tivo xfr speed.

Regarding drez's suggestion of using chrised's mfs_ftp patches...sanderton also patched mfs_ftp a while back in order to support tivo<->tivo transfers on S1 and S2-when-sendkey-still-worked units. My 2 minute review suggests that he patched RETR to send part size/information and STOR to send headers prior to transfer, and tmf2fsid to process the part info at the beginning.

This might be worth dinking with. His modifications allowed for more reliable viewing of a stream during insertion. On the other hand I haven't tried playing one with MovieLoader/stock mfs_ftp yet, so perhaps I'll shut up for now until I play. :)

Jamie
12-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Definitely! I'm probably overthinking this -- as you point out, a double-xfr involving the PC is still probably not going to be the bottleneck, given Tivo xfr speed.Also, on a switched full duplex network, the traffic is on different links or in different directions, so as long as the PC and NIC can transfer at full speed in both directions on all links, there should be no conflicts in the TIVO->PC->TIVO transfer.

Still, a direct TIVO->TIVO connection seems prefered.

cheer
12-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Still, a direct TIVO->TIVO connection seems prefered.
I think so too. Part of it is the network engineer in me, who just can't accept the double-xfr on principle. :)

On an unrelated note, I'm having some issues getting this working with my HR10-250. Haven't done much troubleshooting yet, so no questions from me until I have some detail to back it up. But if this works, it'll be great to yank my boatanchored SD-DVR80 out of the cabinet...

drez
12-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Hmm, that sounds interesting. I'll have to read up on that.

It's pretty simple, here's how you could do it manually:

Login into both mfs_ftps, let's say .112 is the Tivo with the recording (sending) and .111 is the tivo you want to send the recording to (receiving)

So, you login, then you CWD (the command is case sensitive, means change working directory) to /tmf (tmf is the best/preferred format to FXP) on both FTPs:

CWD /tmf

server responds with: 250 Directory change successful.

So, you give .111 (receiving) a PASV (means passive mode) command and then note the IP/port seperated by commas the server responds with.

PASV

server responds with: 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,111,12,32).

(Kinda useless info: The first four numbers represent a regular IP (with commas instead of periods,) the last two represent the port number it's going to expect the next transfer to occur on.

(12 * 256) + 32 = 3104

yes, 3104, not 3105. 3104 is the data channel. 3105 is the control channel.
... you don't have to do any converting to a real port number though, read ahead. the other ftp will accept the port number in that same format.)

Next, you give .112 (sending) a PORT command (a.k.a. Active Mode, instead of Passive Mode) with the info that .111's PASV command gave you:

PORT 192,168,1,111,12,32

server responds with: 200 PORT command successful.

Let's say {Entourage}{2006-08-27}{Sorry, Ari}{08.00 PM Sun Aug 27, 2006}{HBO}.tmf is what you want to FXP:

Next, you give .111 (receiving) a STOR command that lets the server know to expect data in the port from the previous PASV and what to name the incoming data.
(Note: the transfer doesn't start until the next command on .112)

STOR {Entourage}{2006-08-27}{Sorry, Ari}{08.00 PM Sun Aug 27, 2006}{HBO}.tmf

server responds with: 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for "{Entourage}{2006-08-27}{Sorry, Ari}{08.00 PM Sun Aug 27, 2006}{HBO}.tmf"

Next, you give .112 (sending) a RETR command to have send data to the IP/port given in the previous PORT command:

RETR {Entourage}{2006-08-27}{Sorry, Ari}{08.00 PM Sun Aug 27, 2006}{HBO}.tmf

server reponds with: 150 About to open data connection.

And that's it. The transfer will start after that RETR command.

If you wanted to hack in FXP support, you could simply have a telnet client login into port 3105 (the control channel) of the receiving mfs_ftp and do the commands for the receiving FTP.

For the sending FTP, you'd need a FTP client to get the filelist (for the recording's mfs_ftp filename.) If mfs_ftp supported STAT -l (it doesn't,) you could get a filelist in the control channel.

If you wanted to see it in action, just login to two mfs_ftps in SmartFTP. Then drag a .tmf recording between the tabs and drop it in the other mfs_ftp's tmf folder. Watch the FTP log.

cheer
12-15-2006, 10:55 PM
OK, something is likely Not Right on my PC, but I'm not clear what.

MovieLoader fires up fine, and the Tivo sees it, and I can browse videos in multiple directories without a hitch. But if I try to transfer one, it immediately says Completed (status bar never moves), and on the PC I see this:
MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] warning: resource 2057 not found.
LOG: Received event for unknown resource id. Id = 2057, event = 2057.RESOURCE_IN
FO(complete, {})
Putting "G:\ty\{Star Trek}{1966-11-10}{The Corbomite Maneuver}{06.00 PM Sat Dec
09, 2006}{WCIUDT2}.ty" to "ftp://192.168.1.246:3105/{Star Trek}{1966-11-10}{The
Corbomite Maneuver}{06.00 PM Sat Dec 09, 2006}{WCIUDT2}.ty"
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.TelnetOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FilterOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at FtpThread.run(FtpThread.java:74)
LOG: connection to receiver closed
LOG: HME receiver disconnectedI'm guessing the resource not found stuff is at the crux of the matter, but is that some kind of JRE/Java resource missing, or a network resource, or...?

cheer
12-16-2006, 01:32 AM
OK, I fixed that. It was an mfs_ftp problem. But now I have a new problem. When I select the video, it bounces back to a normal Tivo loopset and tells me there's been an error running the application. On the PC I now see this:
LOG: HME receiver connected
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' i
n the entity reference.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAX
ParseException(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalErro
r(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(
Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(
Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(U
nknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImp
l.scanEntityReference(Unknown Source)
l$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
l.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(U
nknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(U
nknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown So
urce)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Un
known Source)
at DetailsScreen.<init>(DetailsScreen.java:142)
at MainMenuScreen.handleAction(MainMenuScreen.java:166)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleEvent(BView.java:210)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BScreen.handleEvent(BScreen.java:146)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:684)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:686)
at MainMenuScreen$MovieList.handleKeyPress(MainMenuScreen.java:70)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.HmeObject.handleEvent(HmeObject.java:115)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BView.handleEvent(BView.java:217)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.View.postEvent(View.java:684)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.dispatchKeyEvent(BApplication.java:
196)
at com.tivo.hme.bananas.BApplication.dispatchEvent(BApplication.java:159
)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Application.handleChunk(Application.java:786)
at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Listener.readEvents(Listener.java:306)
at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Listener.handleHME(Listener.java:288)
at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Listener.handle(Listener.java:381)
at com.tivo.hme.host.http.server.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:
123)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
LOG: HME receiver disconnectedAny ideas?

mr_zorg
12-16-2006, 03:31 AM
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.
Any ideas?
That's a clear sign that the XML descriptor file embedded in the stream is malformed. Most likely the program title or description contains an ampersand in it and mfs_ftp is not escaping it properly. In xml, just like html, & has special meaning, and if the ampersand character itself is meant &amp; should be used instead. Unlike most web browsers, however, most standard java xml parsers won't tolerate such nonsense. It may be possible to put the parser into a more lax parsing mode, or, ideally, we patch mfs_ftp to spit out well formed xml. :)

In the mean time, you can manually edit the xml and change & to &amp; or and. Alternatively, put the show back on the tivo manually (if it's not still there), use TWP to edit the program title/description and re-download it.

jsauser11
12-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Has anybody tried getting MovieLoader to show up as a Galleon application?
The Galleon web site says you should be able to add HME apps into Galleon by copying the .jar file into the Galleon HME directory and adding a line to the launcher.txt file, then restarting the service. Here is what it says:

Copy the jar file of the app into the Galleon "hme" directory. For apps in the TiVo SDK, this will be the samples.jar file.
Add an entry for the new app in the launcher.txt file. When you open the launcher.txt file in a text editor, you should see something like the following:
#com.tivo.hme.samples.music.Music music #com.tivo.hme.samples.weather.Weather #com.tivo.hme.samples.skullbones.SkullBones #com.tivo.hme.samples.videobackground.VideoBackground #com.tivo.hme.samples.effects.Effects #com.tivo.hme.samples.tictactoe.TicTacToe

What would be the correct entry for the MovieLoader .jar file?

gfb107
12-17-2006, 11:27 AM
MovieLoader
Note that if you do this you don't have control over the working directory. On XP it'll be %SystemRoot%\system32

So, until support is added for a parameter that names the properties file or initial directory, you'll just have to put MovieLoader.properties there.

jsauser11
12-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Tried adding the code "MovieLoader" to the Galleon launcher.txt file:

###################################

#

# File: launcher.txt

#

# Copyright 2004 TiVo, Inc.

#

# This file contains a list of application classes and arguments in

# the following form:

#

# <class> <argument-list>

#

####################################

#com.tivo.hme.samples.animate.Animate

#com.tivo.hme.samples.clock.Clock

#com.tivo.hme.samples.fractal.Fractal

#com.tivo.hme.samples.hello.HelloWorld

#

# This application requires a parameter to specify the pictures directory

#

#com.tivo.hme.samples.pictures.Pictures pictures

#

# This application requires a parameter to specify the music directory

#

#com.tivo.hme.samples.music.Music music

#com.tivo.hme.samples.weather.Weather

#com.tivo.hme.samples.skullbones.SkullBones

#com.tivo.hme.samples.videobackground.VideoBackground

#com.tivo.hme.samples.effects.Effects

#com.tivo.hme.samples.tictactoe.TicTacToe

#com.tivo.hme.samples.fontinfo.FontInfo

#com.tivo.hme.samples.rss.RSS

#com.tivo.hme.samples.bananas.BananasSample
MovieLoader

and adding the MovieLoader.properties to the system32 directory, then restarting Galleon. No MovieLoader app showing in the Galleon app menu. MovieLoader.jar is present in the Galleon hme directory. Am I calling the MovieLoader application incorrectly from lanucher.txt?

tall1
12-17-2006, 06:47 PM
OK, something is likely Not Right on my PC, but I'm not clear what.

MovieLoader fires up fine, and the Tivo sees it, and I can browse videos in multiple directories without a hitch. But if I try to transfer one, it immediately says Completed (status bar never moves), and on the PC I see this:
LOG: Received event for unknown resource id. Id = 2057, event = 2057.RESOURCE_IN
FO(complete, {})
Putting "G:\ty\{Star Trek}{1966-11-10}{The Corbomite Maneuver}{06.00 PM Sat Dec
09, 2006}{WCIUDT2}.ty" to "ftp://192.168.1.246:3105/{Star Trek}{1966-11-10}{The
Corbomite Maneuver}{06.00 PM Sat Dec 09, 2006}{WCIUDT2}.ty"
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.TelnetOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at FtpThread.run(FtpThread.java:74)
LOG: HME receiver disconnectedI'm guessing the resource not found stuff is at the crux of the matter, but is that some kind of JRE/Java resource missing, or a network resource, or...?I have the same problem. You said it was a problem with mfs_ftp? What did you change to fix it? thanks.

EDIT: hmmm, got it to work on the other HD Tivo. I guess I'll reinstall mfs_ftp.

gfb107
12-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Tried adding the code "MovieLoader" to the Galleon launcher.txt file:

#
#
#
# the following form:
#
#
#
#
#
#

MovieLoader

and adding the MovieLoader.properties to the system32 directory, then restarting Galleon. No MovieLoader app showing in the Galleon app menu. MovieLoader.jar is present in the Galleon hme directory. Am I calling the MovieLoader application incorrectly from lanucher.txt?

Did you stop and start Galleon after making the change?

jsauser11
12-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Yes. I did stop/start the Galleon service after any change in the launcher.txt file.

gfb107
12-17-2006, 10:15 PM
I don't know what to tell you. It works for me.

Have you looked in the Galleon logs?

jsauser11
12-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Do you have Samples.jar in the gallion\hme directory also? maybe that is required since it is necessary for MovieLoader to operate?

cheer
12-18-2006, 08:44 AM
I have the same problem. You said it was a problem with mfs_ftp? What did you change to fix it? thanks.

EDIT: hmmm, got it to work on the other HD Tivo. I guess I'll reinstall mfs_ftp.
Inserts were broken in general for me. Turns out I had missed commenting out one of the Event lines. Do a manual insert and make sure it works OK for you.

mr_zorg
12-18-2006, 02:47 PM
Inserts were broken in general for me. Turns out I had missed commenting out one of the Event lines. Do a manual insert and make sure it works OK for you.
I had problems with inserts at first too. mfs_ftp has gotten quite convoluted with all the separate binary downloads and patches, and whatnot. Might be time for somebody to put together a new distro package of it for S2 6.x units?

cheer
12-18-2006, 04:59 PM
I had problems with inserts at first too. mfs_ftp has gotten quite convoluted with all the separate binary downloads and patches, and whatnot. Might be time for somebody to put together a new distro package of it for S2 6.x units?
That's unlikely, given the current legal state of it. Maybe I'll write a cheat-sheet for installing it.

tlphipps
12-19-2006, 12:05 AM
I've got my Linux installation of Galleon loading the MovieLoader app just fine, but I can't figure out where to put the MovieLoader.properties file. I tried the Galleon "apps" folder and /root (I'm running Galleon as root for now), but neither seemed to be correct.

If I run MovieLoader as a standalone app, it loads the .properties file just fine.

Anybody have any idea where to put the .properties file on a Linux box when running the app through Galleon?

P.S. This app ROCKS! Thanks so much for all the work you've all done on it thusfar.

AlphaWolf
12-19-2006, 02:02 AM
That's unlikely, given the current legal state of it. Maybe I'll write a cheat-sheet for installing it.

What somebody could do, if they were inclined, is unify all of those various patches that are going around into one single patch. Most of the people who made those patches probably wouldn't care if you did this that I know of.

The major patches I am aware of are:

Jamies patch to speed up inserts
Jamies patch to use mfs_uberexport
Another patch (don't remember by who) to add compatibility with 6.x versions.

IIRC there were a few others as well that added a few nifty things, but I don't remember what all they were. The easiest way to do this would be to incrementally apply them to mfs_ftp one by one until you get everything you want, and then run a diff of that against the latest official mfs_ftp. Then you have a nice single patch that does it all, and you can e.g. post that into the files forum, along with instructions on how to update mfs_ftp to be up to speed with the latest community modifications.

drez
12-19-2006, 03:24 AM
What somebody could do, if they were inclined, is unify all of those various patches that are going around into one single patch. Most of the people who made those patches probably wouldn't care if you did this that I know of.

The major patches I am aware of are:

Jamies patch to speed up inserts
Jamies patch to use mfs_uberexport
Another patch (don't remember by who) to add compatibility with 6.x versions.

IIRC there were a few others as well that added a few nifty things, but I don't remember what all they were. The easiest way to do this would be to incrementally apply them to mfs_ftp one by one until you get everything you want, and then run a diff of that against the latest official mfs_ftp. Then you have a nice single patch that does it all, and you can e.g. post that into the files forum, along with instructions on how to update mfs_ftp to be up to speed with the latest community modifications.

Actually I thought of merging the patches today also... I began writing a mfs_ftp instructions thread after reading this post (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=271853#post271853).

...I made a .tar with symlinks to the files mfs_ftp needs to write to in /var (so the user can run mfs_ftp in /mfs_ftp/) and also with just the s2 mfs-utils binaries that mfs_ftp needs.
In the instructions, I'm going to have the user make the cache folder and the port.3105.log file in /var and then my .tar will have the symlinks to those.

Jamie mentioned to me a few months ago that he's been discouraging the use of the insert patches after some bug reports from bcc I think. I've noticed some issues myself with the insert patches and ty-ffmpeg created .ty's.... so I don't think I will include it in my instructions.

gfb107
12-19-2006, 09:04 AM
I've got my Linux installation of Galleon loading the MovieLoader app just fine, but I can't figure out where to put the MovieLoader.properties file. I tried the Galleon "apps" folder and /root (I'm running Galleon as root for now), but neither seemed to be correct.

If I run MovieLoader as a standalone app, it loads the .properties file just fine.

Anybody have any idea where to put the .properties file on a Linux box when running the app through Galleon?

P.S. This app ROCKS! Thanks so much for all the work you've all done on it thusfar.
How are you launching Galleon? If you switch to the bin directory and then enter run.sh, I would guess the current directory is the bin directory.

gfb107
12-19-2006, 10:02 AM
I've updated the announcement post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51987) with a minor enhancement to MovieLoader. You can now specify the properties file or show directory on the command line.

This also means it can be specified in Galleon's launcher.txt file.

tlphipps
12-19-2006, 10:18 AM
How are you launching Galleon? If you switch to the bin directory and then enter run.sh, I would guess the current directory is the bin directory.

I thought of that last night after posting, but I had already shut things down for the night, so I didn't bother double-checking.

But now I see your next post mentioning that this is no longer an issue, so I'm just gonna move forward.

Thanks again for everything you've done. This is GREAT!

tlphipps
12-19-2006, 10:20 AM
gfb107,

Quick thing I noticed. In the announcement you mention placing the .jar file in the galleon hme directory. I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be the apps directory. At least that's how mine is working.

gfb107
12-19-2006, 11:46 AM
The Galleon web site says to put it in the hme directory. See http://galleon.tv/content/view/41/47/

gfb107
12-19-2006, 11:52 AM
That's a clear sign that the XML descriptor file embedded in the stream is malformed. Most likely the program title or description contains an ampersand in it and mfs_ftp is not escaping it properly. In xml, just like html, & has special meaning, and if the ampersand character itself is meant &amp; should be used instead. Unlike most web browsers, however, most standard java xml parsers won't tolerate such nonsense. It may be possible to put the parser into a more lax parsing mode, or, ideally, we patch mfs_ftp to spit out well formed xml. :)

In the mean time, you can manually edit the xml and change & to &amp; or and. Alternatively, put the show back on the tivo manually (if it's not still there), use TWP to edit the program title/description and re-download it.
Maybe I should change MovieLoader to look for a .xml file before looking in the .ty/.ty+/.tmf file for xml data. A user could then extract the xml data and tweak it for MovieLoader, but still keep to original mfs_ftp data in the file.

tlphipps
12-19-2006, 11:59 AM
The Galleon web site says to put it in the hme directory. See http://galleon.tv/content/view/41/47/

I stand corrected. FWIW, I can confirm that it works when placed in the apps directory as well.

jsauser11
12-19-2006, 12:15 PM
I have tried and tried to get movieLoader to be visable to Galleon by following the Galleon instructions (place MovieLoader.jar in the Galleon/hme directory, and adding MovieLoader to launcher.txt). Never could get it to appear in the Galleon apps adder. But, if moving the MovieLoader.jar to the Galleon/apps directory, it IS visable to the Galleon apps loader, but the service shows up as "null" in the gui, and locks up the gui when stopping/starting the service! Either I am stupid, or maybe my Galleon application does not work the same as other installations.

gfb107
12-19-2006, 12:21 PM
MovieLoader can't be configured using the Galleon gui, as it isn't a Galleon app.

It is only visible on the HME enabled TiVo, or using the simulator.

jsauser11
12-19-2006, 05:59 PM
My bad. I guess I thought since MovieLoader was developed with the HME_SDK, that it could be placed into the Galleon app menu as other HME apps (samples from Bananas and HME_SDK_1.4) can be, as per the instructions on Galleon web site FAQ:

http://galleon.tv/content/view/41/47/

Guess I will just continue to run from my .bat file, as this works like a champ.

gfb107
12-19-2006, 07:08 PM
You can start MovieLoader using Galleon, by adding it to the launcher.txt file and copying the .jar file.
That's all you need to do.

You don't configure MovieLoader using the Galleon configuration gui.

AlphaWolf
12-19-2006, 08:02 PM
IMO the best thing to do would be to replace mfs_ftp with oftpd (which is what tivoftpd is based on) that has the mfs-utils built in for reading from mfs, and then use a small TCL library for creating the mfs tree for inserts. The less we rely on tivosh the better. This approach would only need tivosh for a small fraction of the time you are doing anything with it.

jsauser11
12-19-2006, 09:50 PM
You can start MovieLoader using Galleon, by adding it to the launcher.txt file and copying the .jar file.
That's all you need to do.

You don't configure MovieLoader using the Galleon configuration gui.

Ok. So I wonder why when I create a file launcher.txt in the Galleon/hme directory with the text:
MovieLoader
and nothing else, and place the MovieLoader.jar file in the Galleon/hme directory, and stop/restart Galleon, I get no line "MovieLoader" in the Galleon menu on the Tivo or the simulator.
Are you leaving the MovieLoader.jar and launcher.txt files in the Galleon/hme directory?

gfb107
12-20-2006, 08:41 AM
I don't have to create the launcher.txt file. There's already one there. All I do is add the MovieLoader line

Here's my C:\Program Files\Galleon\hme\launcher.txt:
#
#
#
# the following form:
#
#
#
#
#
#

MovieLoader c:\MovieLoader
Here's a directory listing
C:\Program Files\Galleon\hme>dir
Volume in drive C is DSK3_VOL1
Volume Serial Number is 3C0D-15E0

Directory of C:\Program Files\Galleon\hme

12/17/2006 10:12 AM <DIR> .
12/17/2006 10:12 AM <DIR> ..
12/18/2006 06:01 PM 1,031 launcher.txt
12/18/2006 05:50 PM 455,054 MovieLoader.jar
2 File(s) 456,085 bytes
2 Dir(s) 18,418,163,712 bytes free

C:\Program Files\Galleon\hme>

gfb107
12-20-2006, 08:42 AM
It just occurred to me that it may be a Java version issue. Galleon works with Java 1.4.2 or later. I built MovieLoader with Java 1.5.0_07.

What version of Java are you using?

gfb107
12-20-2006, 08:49 AM
IMO the best thing to do would be to replace mfs_ftp with oftpd (which is what tivoftpd is based on) that has the mfs-utils built in for reading from mfs, and then use a small TCL library for creating the mfs tree for inserts. The less we rely on tivosh the better. This approach would only need tivosh for a small fraction of the time you are doing anything with it.
I someone actually working on a mfs-enabled oftpd?

jsauser11
12-20-2006, 12:12 PM
It just occurred to me that it may be a Java version issue. Galleon works with Java 1.4.2 or later. I built MovieLoader with Java 1.5.0_07.

What version of Java are you using?

I am on Java 1.5.0 (1.5.0_09-b03).

Thanks for your help, I will try updating to the 12/18 version (currently on an earlier MovieLoader version) and see if that helps.

cheer
12-20-2006, 12:19 PM
I understand the desire for avoiding tivosh, believe me...and given mfs_ftp's current state we know it's likely never going to be updated.

On the other hand, getting mfs_ftp set up and configured properly isn't that big of a deal; I'm guessing most of us have diffs laying around so we can configure/install it pretty quickly. And it's relatively stable once that's done. A new ftp daemon based on oftpd would probably be even more stable, but is the payoff that big?

(Maybe it is, if only to avoid the constant support questions, I suppose.)

Jamie
12-20-2006, 12:23 PM
IMO the best thing to do would be to replace mfs_ftp with oftpd (which is what tivoftpd is based on) that has the mfs-utils built in for reading from mfs, and then use a small TCL library for creating the mfs tree for inserts. The less we rely on tivosh the better. This approach would only need tivosh for a small fraction of the time you are doing anything with it.I agree that this would be a good approach. Building in mfs-utils would make the whole think GPL'd though, which would make it impossible to block the ebay resellers.

mr_zorg
12-20-2006, 05:08 PM
On the other hand, getting mfs_ftp set up and configured properly isn't that big of a deal; I'm guessing most of us have diffs laying around so we can configure/install it pretty quickly. And it's relatively stable once that's done. A new ftp daemon based on oftpd would probably be even more stable, but is the payoff that big?

(Maybe it is, if only to avoid the constant support questions, I suppose.)
Stability hasn't been an issue for me either, and I agree it's not too hard to setup properly -- IF you're relatively proficient and not a total noob who doesn't know that they need all those batches and alternate binaries, etc. Of course, one could argue that someone meeting those conditions probably shouldn't be hacking their TiVo's. But hey, everybody's got to start somewhere. A nice centrally located FAQ with step-by-steps of just what you need for a 6.x S2 unit would probably help a lot.

P.S. Of course, for all this talk, I'm still not rushing out to post one myself. Perhaps I will unless someone beats me to it. :p

tall1
12-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Inserts were broken in general for me. Turns out I had missed commenting out one of the Event lines. Do a manual insert and make sure it works OK for you.That was it. I was certain I commented events out on both tivos. Movieloader works fine now,thanks.

I can't get dvd artwork to show up in movieloader. I copied the .jpg to the movieloader directory, renamed it Eight Below.jpg Started the {Eight Below} transfer and no artwork. anyone get this to work?

mr_zorg
12-21-2006, 04:05 AM
I can't get dvd artwork to show up in movieloader. I copied the .jpg to the movieloader directory, renamed it Eight Below.jpg Started the {Eight Below} transfer and no artwork. anyone get this to work?
I believe it needs to be named exactly the same as the file you're transferring, only with .jpg extension. From your description it sounds like your ty/tmf filename has curly braces in them, the image should too. Also, I assume by "movieloader directory" you mean the directory where you place your ty/tmf files, not the directory with the MovieLoader.jar (unless they're the same, of course)?

gfb107
12-21-2006, 08:32 AM
I believe it needs to be named exactly the same as the file you're transferring, only with .jpg extension. From your description it sounds like your ty/tmf filename has curly braces in them, the image should too. Also, I assume by "movieloader directory" you mean the directory where you place your ty/tmf files, not the directory with the MovieLoader.jar (unless they're the same, of course)?
That is correct. The image file (and the external xml file, if used) must be named exactly the same as the .tmf/.ty+/.ty file, but with the extension changed appropriately. They must also be in the same directory.

Here's a sample directory listing:
C:\MovieLoader\test>dir /b
Finding Neverland.jpg
Finding Neverland.tmf
{Fastlane}{2003-03-07}{Slippery Slope}{06.00 PM Fri Nov 17, 2006}{TV1}.tmf
{Good Eats}{Raising the Bar}.tmf
{Mrs. Harris}{2005-01-01}{}{03.45 PM Sat Mar 18, 2006}{HBO2}.jpg
{Mrs. Harris}{2005-01-01}{}{03.45 PM Sat Mar 18, 2006}{HBO2}.tmf
{The Princess Bride}{1970-01-01}{}{06.00 PM Sat Nov 25, 2006}{PPV}.tmf

C:\MovieLoader\test>

tall1
12-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks, I got the coverart to work. For some nonsensical reason, I thought I had to retain the original file name that FTP inserts with the brackets. I used the thumbnail (10.5kb) provided in dvd profiler and it displays perfectly in movieloader.

Lowlight
12-23-2006, 02:14 AM
I've been digging around in the MovieLoader source tonight (it's been a long time since I've worked on Java) and I've had some ideas. First I'd like to thank you for writing readable code. :) I'm wondering if we (mostly not me yet) could make use of this (http://fobs.sourceforge.net/features.html) and this (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49935) to bridge the remaining gap between MovieLoader and TivoServer for non MRV machines like the HR10-250? The build instructions for FOBs looks pretty straight forward and I have been building ty enabled ffmpeg for linux lately which is also pretty straight forward. I'll personally try to get FOBs and ty-ffmpeg to build together but I'm not sure I'm ready to try getting MovieLoader to use FOBs. I also have to upgrade my HR10 to 6.3b and hack it before I can do any testing.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Looks like I wrote too soon. That's what I get for posting while so tired. Looks like Fobs is only for decoding files and not rencoding (I may be wrong about that cuz I am tired) so that wouldn't get us the ty enabled features that we need. I suppose all this Fobs stuff isn't needed anyway if we can call ffmpeg and tell it to write to stdout if we can read from that like a unix pipe. Would not having the completed ty stream before starting the mfs_ftp transfer cause a problem?

tlphipps
12-23-2006, 09:09 AM
First off: I love this app. I just got everything running yesterday and MovieLoader has been flawless so far.

I have a few suggested enhancements that would have helped me out yesterday.

1. Add the "progress bar" to all screens when a transfer is in progress. I kept checking in on "in progress" transfers by going all the way through to selecting a new transfer just so I could see the current transfer progress. This tripped me up once because I accidentally re-transferred a show (it was done, but I didn't know till I selected the "transfer" option).

2. Add a "stop transfer" option. It'd be nice if you could stop an "in progress" transfer at any time.

3. Add the current "transfer rate" along with the progress bar. This is just a nice-to-have really, but I like to monitor my mfs_ftp insert speeds as they're much slower for me on 6.3 than they were on 3.1.5f with my AGIGAUSB.

I'd love to offer my coding support, but to be honest I've never worked with java at all. (I know this has been mentioned by several others as well)

Thanks again for such a great app!

AlphaWolf
12-23-2006, 10:01 AM
I agree that this would be a good approach. Building in mfs-utils would make the whole think GPL'd though, which would make it impossible to block the ebay resellers.

Well, we could still approach everything from the angle that mfs_ftp currently does. Namely keep the tridge stuff as separate binaries, and pipe the data as needed. mfs_streams, mfs_uberexport, and mfs_import are all that would be needed. Possibly mfs_dumpobj as well to make calculating the filesizes of TMF's more realtime. Basically tivoftpd could just be extended for mfs support by executing these binaries as needed. And I believe oftpd is BSD code, so we don't have to follow the GPL rules there.

In concept this even sounds much more simple than mfs_ftp, and therefore much less prone to error. mfs_streams seems to be able to complete its job pretty quickly even on a full tivo, so we could for the most part eliminate the need for any kind of caching. Random access could also easily be done as mfs_uberexport and mfs_import support starting and ending at given file offsets.

addicted4life
12-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Hey fellas,

Merry Christmas to all !

Having a bit of trouble getting this up and running. ( eggnog not helping things )

I am running a wired network of 3 hr10-250's all at 6.3b, all able to insert via mfs_ftp w HME enabled. I see "Music Photos and More" listed under Directv button.

A few questions

here is my java version on my xp box, will it work ? If not where do I get updated files from ? Some of these can be large.

I have all my tmf files on my "H:" Drive, all by themselves, no folders

Here is the response I get when trying to launch the app

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian>java -version
java version "1.4.2_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_05-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_05-b04, mixed mode)

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian>h:

H:\>java -jar G:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.jar MovieLoader
HME SDK 1.4 (TiVo, Inc.)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: MovieLoader (
Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Main.createFactory(Main.java:384)
at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Main.<init>(Main.java:151)
at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Main.<init>(Main.java:60)
at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Main.main(Main.java:534)

H:\>
thanks in advance

Brian

steve90071
12-25-2006, 11:56 AM
mr.zorg: Does this work?

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52353

gfb107
12-25-2006, 03:35 PM
That definitely looks like a Java version issue. Get an up-to-date version at http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

addicted4life
12-25-2006, 05:36 PM
that up-to-date version did the trick, I've got MovieLoader workin now !!

What an awesome app !!

I'm sure glad to be a mouse in a house like this place.

Now off to try some of the coverart.

Steve90071:
I used those exact instructions, your way definitely worked for me too.

mr_zorg
12-26-2006, 12:30 AM
mr.zorg: Does this work?

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52353
I'm not currently having problems, I got them all worked out some time ago. But that looks like a nice write-up. My only suggestion would be to add links to where to get those files from...

Ellipse
01-03-2007, 11:02 PM

(Need to find a nice command-line-based fxp client...preferably an open-source multiplatform one...then we could just spawn it as needed.)

Here is an open source client that supports FXP on all POSIX (Linux,Unix, BSD, etc.) OSs, but might not be too tough to convert to Windows. WinXP, Win2K, and Win2K3 can run many POSIX applications so we may not even have to worry about it. Haven't tried it yet.

Yet Another FTP Client:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/yafc/

mr_zorg
01-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Here is an open source client that supports FXP on all POSIX (Linux,Unix, BSD, etc.) OSs, but might not be too tough to convert to Windows. WinXP, Win2K, and Win2K3 can run many POSIX applications so we may not even have to worry about it. Haven't tried it yet.

Yet Another FTP Client:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/yafc/
I know the unix world is used to forking off processes, but allow me to put on my Java programmer's hat on for a moment. A pure Java implementation would be better. Forking processes in a cross platform Java app is problematic, and would make the app more brittle and difficult to support. Not to mention it runs counter to the general "Java mentality". Not unlike the FOSS crowd frowning on closed source apps. :)

Ellipse
01-04-2007, 12:06 AM
I know the unix world is used to forking off processes, but allow me to put on my Java programmer's hat on for a moment. A pure Java implementation would be better. Forking processes in a cross platform Java app is problematic, and would make the app more brittle and difficult to support. Not to mention it runs counter to the general "Java mentality". Not unlike the FOSS crowd frowning on closed source apps. :)

Now THAT request is a little bit more difficult to find. I agree with the idea though. For me, not being a programmer (but I do support J2EE server apps for a living!), I figured it would at least be a start.

Since obviously we have something running on the TiVos that are not Java (mfs_ftp) AND this could go there (I know, something MORE to install on a limited system) if it needed to, this would be a good place to start for looking into code to use in our quest. Who knows, maybe this could be used as part of the whole mfs_ftp replacement concept and give us FXP right on the TiVo itself!?!?

(I understand why some people here may want to limit the eBay vultures from profitting from all the hard work here, but just remember that if it was not for the GPL, we would not have a system to be working on at all. Just my $0.02 on that subject.)

mr_zorg
01-04-2007, 02:59 AM
Now THAT request is a little bit more difficult to find. I agree with the idea though. For me, not being a programmer (but I do support J2EE server apps for a living!), I figured it would at least be a start.

Since obviously we have something running on the TiVos that are not Java (mfs_ftp) AND this could go there (I know, something MORE to install on a limited system) if it needed to, this would be a good place to start for looking into code to use in our quest. Who knows, maybe this could be used as part of the whole mfs_ftp replacement concept and give us FXP right on the TiVo itself!?!?

(I understand why some people here may want to limit the eBay vultures from profitting from all the hard work here, but just remember that if it was not for the GPL, we would not have a system to be working on at all. Just my $0.02 on that subject.)
There was a pretty thorough description of how FXP works a few posts back, it doesn't sound too complicated to implement. I don't think anything really special is needed, it's all just use of existing FTP commands. So the existing Java FTP library should be able to handle it, just not automatically.

Of course, that's easy for me to say, I've contributed very little to this project so far. I really WANT to help more, I just have a hard time making time for it after work. gfb107 always seems to beat me to any new features. :)

I'm with you on the whole vultures thing, we've all benefited from FOSS in one way or another. Why shouldn't the vultures? How is it any different? Anyhoo...

gfb107
01-08-2007, 12:58 AM
I've been working on adding support for using mfs_ftp enabled TiVos as a show source. It's a bit rough around the edges, but I am making it available for testing and comments.

When creating an entry in your MovieLoader.properties file, just use an ftp URL instead of a folder name. For example:
DVD Rips=g:\rips
Family Room TiVo=ftp://192.168.1.108
Basement TiVo=ftp://basementTiVo

If you aren't using the standard mfs_ftp port of 3105, you can include it in the url, like this:
FTP Archive=ftp://192.168.1.11:21

It'll take a while to list the available shows when you navigate into an ftp host, as it actually issues an FTP request to list the contents of the /tmf folder, and mfs_ftp takes a while to build the list.

Show details are retrieved by ftp of the show's xml file from the /xml folder. They are not extracted from the tmf file as is done for local files.
There is no attempt to find an image file as is done for local files.

Transferring the show from the source TiVo to the destination TiVo takes place by FXP. That means there is no way to keep track of the progress of the transfer. So it'll show 0% for the entire duration of the transfer, and then suddenly jump to Complete when finished.

It should be possible to archive TiVo recordings to a non-TiVo ftp server by preserving the mfs_ftp naming and folder structure, and then putting that ftp server in your MovieLoader.properties file. In order to have show details displayed by MovieLoader, you would need to have both the tmf file and the xml file, each in the appropriate folder.

There is no grouping of shows, and you don't have control over how they are sorted. They are sorted alphabetically by the display name MovieLoader generates from the file name.

********** 1/26/2007 ***********
MovieLoader.zip removed as it is obsolete.

dhoutz
01-11-2007, 05:19 PM
gfb107:
Thanks for developing a great App! This is exactly what I was looking
for to transfer shows between my 2 HR10-250's. I am having
a problem with MFS inserts? I have 6.3b on both Tivo's fully hacked
with all the necessary hacks and all the latest updates to MFS_FTP.
I don't have any issues transfering shows to my local PC but when
I do a Tivo to Tivo transfer, the FXP kicks off without a hitch
(it appears?) and then when the file is completed transfer, it shows
up in the destination Tivo "Now Playing List" as ok? The problem
is when I try to Play it, I get an error message that says "the
recorder had trouble recording this show, it may be due to the recording
is done on a channel that you do not receive?
This happens in transfers going both directions on the HR10-250's
as well as to and from my SAS2-140 (which is also fully hacked
and running 8.1 OS)?
Yet when I download to my PC, and then upload to the original
source Tivo, everything works as expected and the show plays?
After an FXP transfer, I ran ciphercheck on the transfered file once
it is completed at
the destination Tivo, and it show the file is encripted? No CSO.
Yet the same source file on the source Tivo shows "No encription"
and "No CSO"?
Any thoughts on what might be my issue?

Last question: How do I look at the source for MovieLoader?
I would like to potentially make some enhancements
to it but don't really know much about Java.
Can you tell me how to view the source code?

Thanks
dhoutz

gfb107
01-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Have you tried an FXP transfer using a "real" FTP client that supports FXP, such as SmartFTP? I suggest trying that and seeing what happens. That'll help figure out if the problem is in mfs_ftp or in MovieLoader.

The source for MovieLoader is included in the MovieLoader.zip file. It is in src.jar
You can just unzip it, then look at the files using any text editor.

gfb107
01-11-2007, 06:00 PM
I'd suggest trying an FXP transfer between your two HR10-250's using a "real" FTP client that supports FXP, such as SmartFTP. Then see what happens. That'll help us figure out if the problem lies in MovieLoader or your mfs_ftp setup.

As for the source, it is in the file src.jar which in included in MovieLoader.zip.
You can just unzip it and then view the source using any text editor.

tlphipps
01-11-2007, 06:28 PM
gfb107,

I've tried a few times to open the src.jar file in a plain text editor, but all I get is gibberish. It looks like compiled code. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

gfb107
01-11-2007, 06:34 PM
You have to unzip src.jar first.

tlphipps
01-11-2007, 08:23 PM
got it. Thanks!

gfb107
01-12-2007, 08:50 AM
The FXP-enabled version of MovieLoader has been downloaded 9 times, but there's only been feedback from one person. Has anyone else tried it?

Here's a newer version with improved error handling, a more TiVo-ish look, and modified transfer progress indicator that remains visible on all screens while a transfer is in progress.

****** Update 1/25/2007 *****
MovieLoader.zip removed since it is now obsolete.

SteveT
01-12-2007, 09:39 AM
The FXP-enabled version of MovieLoader has been downloaded 9 times, but there's only been feedback from one person. Has anyone else tried it?....I have not tried the FXP portion, as both of my Tivos are wired to the TV. However, I will gladly give the FXP a test next week and advise any issues or problems.

I can report that the PC -> TiVo portion is working very well with that latest version. I had tried earlier releases, but for some reason, I couldn't get any local HME stuff to show up. So I started over when you released the FXP version, and bang, it worked.

Now to figure out how to block the internet HME stuff, since that just slows down my access to MovieLoader.....

Butch
01-12-2007, 04:45 PM
The FXP-enabled version of MovieLoader has been downloaded 9 times, but there's only been feedback from one person. Has anyone else tried it?

Here's a newer version with improved error handling, a more TiVo-ish look, and modified transfer progress indicator that remains visible on all screens while a transfer is in progress.

It works great.
I am able to download from my other 4 tivos to my High Def unit with no errors.
I am sure this new version will be great also.

I noticed that when transferring show using MFS or this program that the tivo really gets boughed down when the tivo is recording also, especially when recording high def recordings.
I noticed then when using a ftp program and transferring a show to the High Def unit that its almost 3.4 kb/sec speed. I believe that is pretty fast and am wondering if that makes the tivo run slow when recording high def at the same time (slow is the reaction with the remote etc, not the playing of a show). Would it be correct that if this is why then to put a speed limit on the transfer. I will try this using my ftp program and limit the speed to 1.5 kb/sec and have the tivo record high def to see the results.

:) :) :) BINGO .. on the High Def / recording a high def show on one tuner and also another high def on the other tuner / playing a pre recorded show / uploading a show with ftp and using the speed limited to 1 kb sec / no slow down at all with the tivo / tivo remote works perfect / tivo screens no prblem....
So I guess what we need to do is put a speed limit on mfs_ftp some how.

Also can anyone point me in the right direction so to have the tivo mfs_ftp a show off on tivo to another automatically every day.

Jamie
01-12-2007, 05:10 PM
I noticed that when transferring show using MFS or this program that the tivo really gets boughed down when the tivo is recording also, especially when recording high def recordings.
So I guess what we need to do is put a speed limit on mfs_ftp some how.mfs_ftp has a number of parameters that can be tweaked to throttle its performance to reduce the performance impact on the tivo UI. Try adjusting insert_priority and ithrottle in settings.tcl. A lower priority should cause less impact on the tivo UI (I recommend 0). A higher ithrottle value will also reduce load, by inserting "sleeps". These parameters may work best if you have the mfs_ftp.jamie.patch from mfs-utils.

dhoutz
01-12-2007, 10:36 PM
gfb107: I took your advice and tried to do the FXP transfers using SmartFTP
first. I had some initial difficulties getting the transfers to startup
without getting a server disconnect? Initially, I had FXP transfers
setup for "Auto" in SmartFTP. I changed it to PORT and it worked ok
then.
I downloaded MovieLoader V3 and installed it. Seems to work great
so far but only transfered a couple of short programs between 3
different Tivo's. 2 HR10-250's(6.3b) and 1 SAS2-140(8.1)
Was able to play the programs ok on each Tivo.
By the way, I noticed one issue with Version 3 (latest). If you
try to get a file list from a Tivo that does not have ANY stored
recordings, the "getting file list ...." display goes away and then
it just sits there with no user feedback. When trying to "left button"
out of the screen to go back to the higher level menu, you just get
the audio "thud". Only way out of this screen is to hit Tivo Central button.
The app. is coming along nicely. I will see if I can add some features
to it if I can become somewhat proficient in Java? My first thought
was to add a "delete file" routine for the remote Tivo? Once a pgm.
is transfered to a destination Tivo, the user may want to delete it from
the source Tivo? Handy to be able to do this all from the family
room Tivo.

Thanks Again!

dhoutz

tlphipps
01-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Well, I haven't been able to test the FXP since my S1 TiVo decided to crash, but I love having the progress bar show up on all the pages.

One possible issue I ran into last night: I started a transfer, then moved completely out of MovieLoader. When I tried to get back into MovieLoader to view the progress, I got stuck on a "Please Wait" screen. I waited for about 5 miunutes before I gave up. I was never able to view any page inside MovieLoader as long as the transfer was in progress.

Thanks again for a great app!

Now my BIG feature request: Would it be possible to integrate the TY enabled ffmpeg into the process so that .vob, .avi, etc. files could be transcoded on the fly to TY and then inserted via mfs_ftp? That would be the holy grail in my opinion!

Lowlight
01-17-2007, 03:47 PM
gfb107:
when the file is completed transfer, it shows
up in the destination Tivo "Now Playing List" as ok? The problem
is when I try to Play it, I get an error message that says "the
recorder had trouble recording this show, it may be due to the recording
is done on a channel that you do not receive?

I just wanted to add that I'm still running 3.1.5e on my HR10 and I have seen this error too so I don't think it is a MovieLoader/HME problem. I got an extracted TMF file from a friend and after a very long mfs_ftp upload that ran much much slower than others, when I tried to play the file it gave me this error. My very off the cuff guess is that the file got corrupted on the way out of the source tivo. For me when doing the PC->tivo transfer the speed was fast through the first ~500MB and then the speed slowly decays to near nothing but it will eventually complete. I've seen this on two HD TMF files. Each file has a different spot where they start slowing down but those spots are consistant for each file. I'm never able to play them when insert them. I've uploaded two other files he gave me that were extracted in the same way and they uploaded fine and played correctly. He has reextracted those two problem shows but I have not had a chance to try them again.

Just my $.02.

whitepelican
01-18-2007, 05:59 PM
I tried the latest release that gfb107 posted in post #97 above. It seemed to work great, as I was able to do an FXP transfer quite nicely. But then it didn't seem to like it much when I went to "Now Playing" and then back to MovieLoader. It locked up on the "Please wait" and MovieLoader appears to have crashed. I got this on the PC end:

HME SDK 1.4 (TiVo, Inc.)
LOG: MovieLoaderFactory.initFactory()
LOG: Parsing "D:\Program Files\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.properties"
LOG: "Downstairs Tivo" represents "ftp://192.168.0.152"
LOG: "Bedroom Tivo" represents "ftp://192.168.0.151"
LOG: "Computer" represents "D:\Video"
LOG: added factory
MDNS: http://192.168.0.100:7288/MovieLoader/
LOG: 192.168.0.153 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /MovieLoader/
LOG: HME receiver disconnected
com.tivo.hme.sdk.HmeException: flush failed: Software caused connection abort: s
ocket write error
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Application.flush(Application.java:545)
at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Application.open(Application.java:429)
at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Listener.handleHME(Listener.java:280)
at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Listener.handle(Listener.java:381)
at com.tivo.hme.host.http.server.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:
123)
LOG: Unexpected error: com.tivo.hme.sdk.HmeException: flush failed: Software cau
sed connection abort: socket write error

rbautch
01-19-2007, 11:31 PM
If I navigate away from the Movieloader menus in the middle of a transfer, Movieloader disconnects immediately. I tried it with both versions of Movieloader posted in this thread with my 6.3b Dtivo.

edit: I assume this is expected behavior, since transfers continue to progress after the disconnect message is logged.

mr_zorg
01-20-2007, 01:40 AM
Yes, the disconnecting is "functions as designed". The key to remember is that the app is actually running on the PC, not the TiVo. It only displays on the TiVo. If you think of the TiVo as a web browser and your PC as the web server, it makes sense that if you close the browser you disconnect from the server. (OK, not quite the same thing, but close in concept.) The app on the PC (and the FTP threads it spawns) continue to run.

Also note that according to the docs on the HME developers kit, you will get sporadic socket error messages on the PC side that are generally harmless. TiVo still considers it to be beta...

SteveT
01-20-2007, 01:27 PM
I gave the 01-12 version a good test today and it is working great. I uploaded from my PC, did FXP from 2 different tivos, all with no problems. Great job!

The only minor item I noticed was when I have a PC subdirectory with no tivo files in it, navigating into it leaves you with no option to go back. Pressing the tivo button works, so no biggie, but thought I'd mention it.

tlphipps
01-20-2007, 07:47 PM
I've seen a few people (myself included) report an issue regarding not being able to access MovieLoader while a transfer is in progress. I think I know why. It appears that MovieLoader attempts to connect to mfs_ftp when you first access it. I'm assuming it does this just to confirm it will work rather than waiting till it tries to start a transfer.

But this would cause a problem if an mfs_ftp transfer was already in progress since, by default, mfs_ftp only allows one connection at a time. Therefore, if a transfer is in progress, MovieLoader keeps trying to connect, but can't get anywhere.

Again, I wish I was a java developer, but even after looking at the code I'm not sure where to start. I would think a flag of some type could be created when a transfer is started and then when loading MovieLoader, if the flag existed, the initial connection check could be bypassed. To be honest, there may be a much better way to handle this. Not sure.

gfb107
01-20-2007, 08:07 PM
I've got a major overhaul of MovieLoader just about ready for release.

It includes Re-enter MovieLoader while a transfer is in progress A transfer queue Grouping Improvements to the progress bar Improved support for FTP servers that aren't setup to duplicate mfs_ftp

tlphipps
01-20-2007, 10:02 PM
WOW! "About ready" as in I might be able to test it tonight???? (***He says with great anticipation***)

gfb107
01-21-2007, 08:38 AM
No, that means in the next day or two, depending on when I can find a couple of hours to finish it up.

rbautch
01-22-2007, 09:34 PM

It includes Re-enter MovieLoader while a transfer is in progress A transfer queue Grouping Improvements to the progress bar Improved support for FTP servers that aren't setup to duplicate mfs_ftpSounds like excellent improvements. Keep up the good work.

SithLord
01-24-2007, 10:03 PM

It includes Re-enter MovieLoader while a transfer is in progress A transfer queue Grouping Improvements to the progress bar Improved support for FTP servers that aren't setup to duplicate mfs_ftp

Impressive. Most impressive. (http://www.starwars.stopklatka.pl/sounds/impress2.wav)

gfb107
01-25-2007, 05:55 PM
I've update the announcement post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=270161&postcount=1) with a new release.

Butch
01-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Works GREAT..

Thanks.

Another awsome idea would be able to send to another TiVo.
e.g.

A high def receiver (HR10-250) to send (a non high def recording only)
to a standard Direct TV TiVO that does not use HME

you would need to use the computer keyboard ftp 3105 port mfs_ftp to send it

Would be great to just select the shows on the hr10-250 to be sent to a selective tivo.

Hope this make sence.

whitepelican
01-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Yes, the new version is working great. I've got some confusing looking titles that maintain the {} brackets in a few places for some reason, but they are all on inserted shows (from DVD).

And, I agree with Butch. If someone could make this SEND as well as receive MFS_FTP transfers, then it would be even more kickass than it currently is.

Ellipse
01-27-2007, 02:39 AM
I go out of town for work and come back to all of this great MovieLoader goodness!

You have made my wife much happier with the TiVo then she was. She was used to having MRV and this is a good replacement.

...however, she has made a few requests/suggestions that I think would help.

Cache the program listings from the FTP server. If you cannot get them (as the case is with mfs_ftp and the one connection limit), display what you already know. This would allow you to add to the transfer queue easily.

Figure out the progress meter for mfs_ftp based FXP transfers off of the status bar information used when doing program playback. Not sure if this can be done (or how to do it), but it might be a great place to start.

Why are the dates after the programs in the listings all strange (Our local news says it is from 1970. Sometimes I believe it might be true, but not this time) All of our Good Eats episodes show 70/01/01 for a date as well. Any ideas?

Other then those, any other suggestions have already been said.

Thank you again. It is working much better and the time you have spent shows. Now to figure out how to get it to work properly with Galleon so it auto-starts when the system reboots!

gfb107
01-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Cache the program listings from the FTP server. If you cannot get them (as the case is with mfs_ftp and the one connection limit), display what you already know. This would allow you to add to the transfer queue easily.Might happen some day.

Figure out the progress meter for mfs_ftp based FXP transfers off of the status bar information used when doing program playback. Not sure if this can be done (or how to do it), but it might be a great place to start.MovieLoader doesn't have access to any of that. Remember, MovieLoader runs of the PC, not on the TiVo.

Why are the dates after the programs in the listings all strange (Our local news says it is from 1970. Sometimes I believe it might be true, but not this time) All of our Good Eats episodes show 70/01/01 for a date as well. Any ideas?Those are original air dates, which are not always accurate.

Now to figure out how to get it to work properly with Galleon so it auto-starts when the system reboots!It's quite easy to do.

kemac
01-27-2007, 10:02 AM
I am using MovieLoader with two HR10250's to perform an FXP transfer. After I kick-off the first transfer if I select a second show to transfer while the first one is still in progress, MovieLoader just freezes and doesn't allow me todo anything else. (eventually the MovieLoader screen will timeout and go back to live TV)
I must wait till the first transfer completes before I am able to get a fresh list of shows and queue a second show. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thanks for a great app!

gfb107
01-27-2007, 10:29 AM
This is the result of mfs_ftp only supporting a single active connection.

If a transfer from an mfs_ftp server is in progress, the request for the show details (which happens when you select a show) will hang because the mfs_ftp server doesn't accept (or reject) the request. This doesn't happen when the source is a directory on your PC, or a real ftp server.

Looks like I'm going to have to add caching in order to make MovieLoader work well as an MRV replacement. My original interest was as a tivoserver replacement, but without the transcoding.

kemac
01-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Ah, OK that makes sense, working as designed then. :D

FWIW- I have also noticed then when I do transfer a second show after the first completes, it always queues and completes within seconds on the first attempt. I have to select the show a second time to get the transfer to actually take place. No big deal, just thought I would mention it.

Other than that looks and works great!

Kelly

gfb107
01-27-2007, 11:49 AM
I suppose an alternative to pre-fetching and caching the show list and details would be to let the user add shows to the queue without immediately starting the transfers, and then later when finished adding shows, start the transfers.

gfb107
01-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Ah, OK that makes sense, working as designed then. :D

FWIW- I have also noticed then when I do transfer a second show after the first completes, it always queues and completes within seconds on the first attempt. I have to select the show a second time to get the transfer to actually take place. No big deal, just thought I would mention it.

Other than that looks and works great!

Kelly
Have you looked at the transfer details in the transfer queue for a clue as to what is going wrong?

tlphipps
01-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Personally I would vote against changing the "immediately starting transfers." Doing something else would seem counter-intuitive to un-educated users (I'm thinking about my wife...). That's just one man's opinion.

I understand the caching mechanism may be a little more difficult to implement. And I may be a little biased since I currently don't have a need for the FXP transfers.

kemac
01-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Have you looked at the transfer details in the transfer queue for a clue as to what is going wrong?

The add, start and end timestamps are all the same. Looks like it makes it as far as changing diretectories to the tmf folder and then I get.

"221- Server Closing Control Connection by client request"

whitepelican
01-27-2007, 05:28 PM
My two cents: I believe some of this is what you guys are talking about above, but I'm not sure I caught all of it. But I have noticed that if an FXP transfer is in progress, then you can not queue another FXP transfer (from the same Tivo?). I think you already said that. You can queue a transfer from a PC while an FXP is in progress, but that transfer will then fail after the FXP one is completed. I'm not sure why that is.

Also, why are the dates displayed with the year first? I don't believe that is the standard anywhere in the world, is it? Fifthly, if it is ever possible to add, it would be nice if the names of programs could have the words "The", "A", "An" or whatever else chopped off and stuck at the end of the title before they are alphabetized. That is how the normal Now Playing List displays them.

mr_zorg
01-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Also, why are the dates displayed with the year first? I don't believe that is the standard anywhere in the world, is it?
That's a programmer-ism and is very common in the computer world. The YYYY-MM-DD format is commonly used in databases, log files, etc. The reason for it is simple. It allows you to do a simple alphabetical sort and get your dates in the proper order. For example, given the dates:

04/07/2006
08/27/2006
04/07/2007

An alpha sort would give you:

04/07/2006
04/07/2007
08/27/2006

Where as if you flipped the format you would get:

2006/04/07
2006/08/27
2007/04/07

In correct chronological order. And now you know the rest of the story.

P.S. That said, it is possible to use this format internally, do the sort, then flip it back for display... But in many utilities written by programmers for programmers we don't bother. :)

whitepelican
01-27-2007, 08:23 PM
That's a programmer-ism and is very common in the computer world. The YYYY-MM-DD format is commonly used in databases, log files, etc. The reason for it is simple. It allows you to do a simple alphabetical sort and get your dates in the proper order.

Tanks. Since I am not a programmer (except for PLC's) this never occurred to me. I did just happen to notice that I sort all of my jpgs from my digital camera in this exact same format, though. :confused:

rbautch
01-27-2007, 09:12 PM
New version works great for me. I noticed that I have to be in the same directory as movieloader.jar before I run it, or I get the same errors that Cheer got earlier is this thread (his issue was different). In other words, I can't put the following line in a batch script: start c:\movieloader\movieloader.jar. This is certainly no big deal, and I only bring it up in case other users are stumped when they get the error.

One suggestion: allow the deletion of items from the queue.

Great application!!

gfb107
01-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Try
start c:\movieloader\movieloader.jar MovieLoader c:\movieloader
Case is import for the bolded part

I prefer:

java -jar c:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.jar MovieLoader C:\MovieLoader cause you get a little bit of feedback on screen about what's happening.

gfb107
02-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Here's an updated version of MovieLoader.

The changes are:
Added pre-fetching and caching of show lists and details for FTP servers. It'll take a few minutes after first starting MovieLoader before you'll be able to see the shows on FTP servers, while MovieLoader pre-fetches.
The cache is created in the working directory (or the directory specified on the command line).
Each FTP server gets it's own sub-directory, with a name built from the host and port of the FTP server. The time between cache updates is 15 minutes. Added ability to export shows. If the IP address of the HME client (TiVo on which you are interacting with MovieLoader) matches the IP address of the FTP server containing the shows, you can export the show (rather than import, which wouldn't make any sense). Display the recorded date when listing shows (rather than original air date (OAD)), in a more user-friendly format. The OAD is still used for sorting (first sort by title, then OAD, then episode, then recorded date) Include both the OAD and the recorded date in the show details, again using a user-friendly format.

Once a few of y'all give it a try, and any kinks get worked out, I'll put this version in the announcement post.

******** Edited 02/09/2007 ***********
Removed the obsolete zip file. Use the version here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=275551&postcount=159) instead.

tlphipps
02-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Just want to make sure I'm understanding the "export" option correctly....

If I setup an FTP entry in the .properties file and specify my HR10-250s information, then any transfers I initiate from that entry in MovieLoader will actually transfer FROM the HR10-150 TO my MovieLoader server? Is that correct?

Where will the files end up on my MovieLoader server? I'm assuming the working directory. Would it be possible to specify an alternate location via the .properties file?

Sorry for all the questions. I can't test till I get home tonight otherwise I would have just tested it for myself.

gfb107
02-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Yes, you set up an entry for your HR10-250 in your MovieLoader.properties file, along with entries for the directories and any FTP servers (or TiVos) from which you want to be able to load shows.

When you choose to export a show, you'll be able to select where you want it stored. Your choices are any of the other entries from your MovieLoader.properties file. You can export the show to any of the places from which you can import shows.

If you have multiple HR10-250s, you probably already had an entry for each of them in your MovieLoader.properties file. Until this version of MovieLoader, the entry for the HR10-250 being used was treated the same as any other entry. You could have tried to import a show that was already there, which makes no sense. Now instead of allowing that, MovieLoader gives you the option of exporting it to one of the other entries in your MovieLoader.properties file.

tlphipps
02-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Awesome! Can't wait to get home tonight...

whitepelican
02-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Sounds very cool. And it looks much nicer. I'm playing with the export feature right now, and can't get it to work at all, though. It instantly shows up as being completed in the transfer queue, but it never actually transfers to the other Tivos. I haven't yet tried transferring to the computer. I'm running MovieLoader under Galleon if that has any bearing on the issue.

whitepelican
02-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Upon further examination: The exports seems to work fine going to the PC. I checked the log of what happens when attempting to export to another Tivo, and it appears as though it just doesn't wait for the FXP transfer to occur. Immediately after changing to the /tmf directory on the target machine, it sends a "null" and then a "quit" command, followed by a "quit" on the source machine. And that's it. It appears never to attempt to start the transfer at all.

gfb107
02-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Actually, if you look more closely, I think you'll see the "null" is the response from mfs_ftp when MovieLoader sends the PORT command to tell mfs_ftp where to the get the data from. Obviously, null isn't a valid response. I haven't been able to figure out what is causing this null response. I see it in response to both the PASV and PORT commands.

whitepelican
02-06-2007, 01:15 PM
OK, makes sense. I didn't really look too closely, other than checking which IP addresses were associated with each line of the log. So, have you actually had this version successfully export a program to another Tivo? Or am I the guineau pig? Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if it just isn't working quite right yet.

gfb107
02-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I have successfully exported from an HR10-250 to a HDVR2.

Its just that for some reason there's about a 50-50 chance of mfs_ftp not responding to the PORT command (this also happens for the PASV command).
I haven't figured out why.

whitepelican
02-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Well, I've only tried it twice so far and I'm 0 for 2. It seems odd that it always works perfectly when transferring in from another Tivo. I'll give it a few more tries if I can wrestle the remote away from my 3 year old during her Backyardigans fix.

gfb107
02-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Inside MovieLoader, the only difference between importing and exporting is which TiVo gets which set of commands. In MovieLoader, the same code is used for both cases. The only difference is the IP address of the source and the IP address of the target.

One way to figure out if MovieLoader is at fault is to try the same transfer form the hr10-250 to the DTiVo using an FXP enabled FTP client, such as SmartFTP (http://www.smartftp.com).

For me, SmartFTP fails at the same rate as MovieLoader, too.

whitepelican
02-06-2007, 06:34 PM
I use SmartFTP to do Tivo-Tivo FXP transfers all the time. And I've been using MovieLoader for weeks to do the same (from my 2 other SD DirecTivos to the HR10-250). But my first two tries to use your new version of MovieLoader to export to the two SD DTivos have failed. It seems to me that something different must be occurring in MovieLoader that prevents it from exporting correctly. I noticed in the log that it never actually initiates the transfer.

By the way, I hope I'm not coming off as hyper-critical. I love this application. Many thanks for your hard work on it. We used to be a very MRV-centric household until I bought an HDTV and got the HR10-250. The wife was never pleased with its lack of MRV, but you've almost got her happy again. And that's a rare thing.

Jamie
02-06-2007, 07:25 PM
The best way to debug this is with level 5 mfs_ftp debug logs from both sides of the FXP transfer.

I've always had trouble with mfs_ftp and passive mode and have long suspected there is a race condition there that might sometimes cause problems, depending on timing. I've meant to try putting a vwait at the end of the PASV proc so it doesn't return until newpdc has been called, signalling that a connection has been established. Alternatively, wait later when the next command is received that needs the data connection.

I'm not sure that is what the problem is here though, given that you reported null responses to PORT and PASV commands. Those symptoms don't fit the race condition scenario I'm imagining might exist. Again, detailed mfs_ftp debug logs might help track down the issue.

If it is the race condition I outlined, a lame workaround on your end: wait a few seconds after you think the data connection is established before you start the transfer.

whitepelican
02-06-2007, 07:50 PM
I've gotten the exports to other Tivos to work a few times now, but only by tricking it a bit. It does fail on the first attempt every time (well not really "fail", it just says it's complete even though it never transferred). But if I go back to the last screen (left arrow to the "Export Target" screen, I believe) and then hit select again to re-initiate the transfer it will work.

I'm sorry for the terribly un-technical nature of this report, but my computer is not near the TV, so I'm going from my fairly poor memory.

tlphipps
02-06-2007, 11:06 PM
gfb107,

You forgot to mention that you added the filename parsing for shows that start with "The" so they now sort alphabetically (Guardian, The). That rocks! So far this latest version seems to be working fine. I was able to do an FXP transfer with no difficulty FROM my HR10-250 TO a DSR7000.

Sidenote: I had some issues getting things going at first because my scripts were setup to give the full path and filename of the properties file. For this version I had to remove the filename portion. I see now that's how the documentation reads anyway.

gfb107
02-06-2007, 11:28 PM
The best way to debug this is with level 5 mfs_ftp debug logs from both sides of the FXP transfer.

I've attached a level 5 mftp_ftp debug log that ends at a PASV command. That's where MovieLoader is getting the null response. Note that the null response isn't really a response at all. It's an indication that the connection has been closed.

In this case, MovieLoader isn't setting up an FXP transfer. It's getting ready to retrieve a show's xml file.

This is the second xml file MovieLoader tried to retrieve. The first one it was able to retrieve successfully.

bwperez
02-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Here's an updated version of MovieLoader.

I'm loving it! I finally re-hacked my 6.3b tivo and had MovieLoader up and running last night. The first thing I realized is I now have to hack my other two HDTivo's. Tonight I login and you go send another update that adds more cool features that will result in my wife saying "can you burn a DVD for me? I already downloaded the file to your PC." You are making more work for me ;-)

Thanks for very cool tool. You have added back the biggest thing I was missing fom my Series2 Tivo's... MRV.

Brian

Jamie
02-07-2007, 12:11 AM
I've attached a level 5 mftp_ftp debug log that ends at a PASV command. That's where MovieLoader is getting the null response. Note that the null response isn't really a response at all. It's an indication that the connection has been closed.

In this case, MovieLoader isn't setting up an FXP transfer. It's getting ready to retrieve a show's xml file.

This is the second xml file MovieLoader tried to retrieve. The first one it was able to retrieve successfully.Ok, new theory: :)

Here where I think your control port is being closed:

10:12:07:PM - closing pdcs just in case
10:12:07:PM - errval ""

Note that the close is closing something, when it ordinarily gets a caught error.

I believe the pdcs variable is holding a left over value that happens to match your control connection.

A simple test would be to simply comment out these three lines in the PASV proc:
outd $p "closing pdcs just in case"
catch { close $pdcs } errval
outd $p "errval \"$errval\""

If that solves the problem (I expect it will), a better fix might be to unset pdcs after every close $pdcs to make sure there isn't a left over stale $pdcs value. You might want to do the same thing with $info(dc).

I can put together a patch, if you want, but I think the changes are straightforward.

gfb107
02-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Commenting out those 3 lines in proc PASV seems to help. Since the failure wasn't consistent, I'm not ready to declare victory just yet.

I assume the matching change in proc PORT is to comment out the
catch { close $pdcs }

Jamie
02-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Commenting out those 3 lines in proc PASV seems to help. Since the failure wasn't consistent, I'm not ready to declare victory just yet.

I assume the matching change in proc PORT is to comment out the
catch { close $pdcs }The commenting out was just a quick and dirty test. The code was there to make sure that sockets don't get left open indefinitely, so I'm afraid that commenting them out may result in sockets being left open indefinitely under some conditions: a leak. Maybe this isn't a problem. I'm not sure if tcl has a true garbage collector that can take care of closing and releasing things that are no longer referenced.

I still prefer the other solution: unset the global pdcs variable every time you are done with it (that is, when the connection is closed). This make sure that the stale connection information isn't kept around once the socket is closed. As I mentioned, the problem may apply to the info(dc) variable too.

gfb107
02-07-2007, 01:15 AM
I understand that this was a quick and dirty test. I'm just wondering if there is a similar quick and dirty test for the similar issue with the PORT command.

I would appreciate a patch to add the appropriate unset commands for every close.

Jamie
02-07-2007, 10:14 AM
I understand that this was a quick and dirty test. I'm just wondering if there is a similar quick and dirty test for the similar issue with the PORT command.Yeah, that's probably the right place for the PORT command.

gfb107
02-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Well, after making the suggested changed to mfs_ftp.tcl, everything seemed to be working better.

But I've run into another problem. This is a bit different. I setup 3 shows to import, and 1 show to export, and then just waited to see what would happen. Shortly after starting the import of the second show, my hr10-250 rebooted. I managed to get in and save the level 5 debug log before mfs_ftp started back up.

The log is attached.

Jamie
02-07-2007, 12:08 PM
But I've run into another problem. This is a bit different. I setup 3 shows to import, and 1 show to export, and then just waited to see what would happen. Shortly after starting the import of the second show, my hr10-250 rebooted. I managed to get in and save the level 5 debug log before mfs_ftp started back up.

The log is attached.Looks like it is trying to write the meta data for the second show into MFS and it is getting a lock conflict. It seems to have retried twice before the reboot. Anything in the other logs? tvlog, tverr, kernel, messages may all have useful information about the crash.

This is going to sound like a kludge (it is), but you might consider putting a small delay in between transfers to allow MFS to quiesce.

gfb107
02-07-2007, 01:06 PM
tverr
Feb 7 03:50:27 (none) TvMomHpkSwitchSource.C[262]: GetData: Overrun
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) TmkAssertionFailure[13172]: : (Audit, line 32 ())
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: Tmk Fatal Error: Activity HandleDataChanged <13172> strayed! (block timestamp 5262601934791)
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: bt -t /tvbin/tivoapp
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: tcd 1
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: hpk Series2
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: build b-firefly-takehome @248982 2006.10.20-1631 release-mips []
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: pack 6.3b-01-2
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x00400000 /tvbin/tivoapp
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x02000000 /lib/libc.so.6
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x02200000 /lib/libm.so.6
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x02400000 /lib/libpthread.so.0
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x02600000 /lib/libutil.so.1
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x02800000 /lib/libtvutil.so
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x02a00000 /lib/libtmk.so
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x02c00000 /lib/libtvstructures.so
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x2aaa8000 /lib/ld.so.1
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x2ab04000 /lib/libhpkoss.so
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x2ab50000 /platform/lib/libhpkhl.so
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x2ac18000 /platform/lib/libhpkll.so
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x2ac5c000 /lib/libdl.so.2
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: read 0x2aca0000 /lib/libcdaudio.so
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: 0x02a7ea98 0x00613d28 0x0056e508 0x00563144 0x005ed78c 0x005ec21c 0x00566068 0x0059c264 0x0056c324 0x005b08b8 0x005eaf70 0x006a235c 0x00749c54 0x006ccf50 0x00640d94 0x0071437c 0x004726b4 0x00ef1318 0x02a2871c 0x02a304bc 0x02a298cc 0x02a28a48 0x02a28834 0x02a60cb8 0x02a2871c 0x02a28630 0x02a2b03c 0x02a3c7e4 0x02a3c6cc 0x02a3c57c 0x02a3bad8
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: Tmk Fatal Error: Activity HandleDataChanged <13172>: assertion failure
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: Tmk Fatal Error: Thread died due to signal -2
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: Invoking rule 834: rebooting system

tvlog
Feb 7 14:12:00 (none) TmkActivityStats[206]: ContextManagerActivity-->(Pri:1 Time Sample: 6 h 0 min)
Feb 7 14:12:00 (none) TmkActivityStats[206]: Fd : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:00 (none) TmkActivityStats[206]: Timer : Cur#: 3, Max#: 4, #Trig: 215514, Time:2 min 50 sec
Feb 7 14:12:00 (none) TmkActivityStats[206]: Sema : Cur#: 11, Max#: 19, #Trig: 39298, Time:1 min 11 sec
Feb 7 14:12:00 (none) TmkActivityStats[206]: Callme: Cur#: 2, Max#: 5, #Trig: 71389, Time: 9 sec
Feb 7 14:12:01 (none) Scheduler[13172]: Candidates Sched 3 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 MaxR 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:01 (none) Scheduler[13172]: nonCandidates Sched 188 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 Max 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:01 (none) Scheduler[13172]: Processing PS [<?>]1:439352
Feb 7 14:12:03 (none) TmkActivityStats[13184]: TvDbGenreMapperApgActivity-->(Pri:0 Time Sample: 6 h 0 min)
Feb 7 14:12:03 (none) TmkActivityStats[13184]: Fd : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:03 (none) TmkActivityStats[13184]: Timer : Cur#: 1, Max#: 1, #Trig: 4318, Time: 28 sec
Feb 7 14:12:03 (none) TmkActivityStats[13184]: Sema : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:03 (none) TmkActivityStats[13184]: Callme: Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:03 (none) Scheduler[13172]: GetAllSimItems nCand 3 psId 0
Feb 7 14:12:04 (none) Scheduler[13172]: SimulationWatch: Hold 178 pri 1
Feb 7 14:12:05 (none) InputState[208]: GetOnNow()->FNeedsRefresh Input:0
Feb 7 14:12:06 (none) TmkActivityStats[13184]: MessageManagerActivity-->(Pri:1 Time Sample: 6 h 0 min)
Feb 7 14:12:06 (none) TmkActivityStats[13184]: Fd : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:06 (none) TmkActivityStats[13184]: Timer : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:06 (none) TmkActivityStats[13184]: Sema : Cur#: 8, Max#: 8, #Trig: 74, Time: 138 msec
Feb 7 14:12:06 (none) TmkActivityStats[13184]: Callme: Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:06 (none) TmkActivityStats[13180]: MessageProcessor-->(Pri:0 Time Sample: 6 h 0 min)
Feb 7 14:12:06 (none) TmkActivityStats[13180]: Fd : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:06 (none) TmkActivityStats[13180]: Timer : Cur#: 1, Max#: 1, #Trig: 72, Time: 3 sec
Feb 7 14:12:06 (none) TmkActivityStats[13180]: Sema : Cur#: 1, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:06 (none) TmkActivityStats[13180]: Callme: Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:08 (none) InputState[208]: GetOnNow()->FNeedsRefresh Input:1
Feb 7 14:12:09 (none) TvVideoGuts[208]: InputState processing took 163 msecs
Feb 7 14:12:09 (none) TvVideoGuts[208]: Total Heartbeat processing took 166 msecs
Feb 7 14:12:09 (none) Scheduler[13172]: Candidates Sched 3 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 MaxR 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:09 (none) Scheduler[13172]: nonCandidates Sched 188 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 Max 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:09 (none) Scheduler[13172]: Processing PS [<?>]1:439386
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[147]: TvBusConnectionActivity-->(Pri:1 Time Sample: 6 h 0 min)
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[147]: Fd : Cur#: 1, Max#: 1, #Trig: 11425, Time: 18 sec
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[147]: Timer : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[147]: Sema : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[147]: Callme: Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[13138]: TvBusConnectionActivity-->(Pri:1 Time Sample: 6 h 0 min)
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[13138]: Fd : Cur#: 1, Max#: 1, #Trig: 112, Time: 239 msec
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[13138]: Timer : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[13138]: Sema : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[13138]: Callme: Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[149]: TvChoreRunServerActivity-->(Pri:1 Time Sample: 6 h 0 min)
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[149]: Fd : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[149]: Timer : Cur#: 1, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[149]: Sema : Cur#: 6, Max#: 9, #Trig: 15385, Time: 10 sec
Feb 7 14:12:10 (none) TmkActivityStats[149]: Callme: Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:13 (none) TmkActivityStats[13180]: TvRecorderCanaryActivity-->(Pri:1 Time Sample: 6 h 0 min)
Feb 7 14:12:13 (none) TmkActivityStats[13180]: Fd : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:13 (none) TmkActivityStats[13180]: Timer : Cur#: 1, Max#: 1, #Trig: 3601, Time: 317 msec
Feb 7 14:12:13 (none) TmkActivityStats[13180]: Sema : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:13 (none) TmkActivityStats[13180]: Callme: Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:14 (none) Scheduler[13172]: GetAllSimItems nCand 2 psId 0
Feb 7 14:12:14 (none) TmkActivityStats[13185]: ContextManagerCanaryActivity-->(Pri:1 Time Sample: 6 h 0 min)
Feb 7 14:12:14 (none) TmkActivityStats[13185]: Fd : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:14 (none) TmkActivityStats[13185]: Timer : Cur#: 1, Max#: 1, #Trig: 3601, Time: 309 msec
Feb 7 14:12:14 (none) TmkActivityStats[13185]: Sema : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:14 (none) TmkActivityStats[13185]: Callme: Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:14 (none) Scheduler[13172]: SimulationWatch: Hold 179 pri 1
Feb 7 14:12:16 (none) TmkActivityStats[282]: TvRendezvous-->(Pri:0 Time Sample: 6 h 0 min)
Feb 7 14:12:16 (none) TmkActivityStats[282]: Fd : Cur#: 2, Max#: 2, #Trig: 2245, Time: 7 sec
Feb 7 14:12:16 (none) TmkActivityStats[282]: Timer : Cur#: 1, Max#: 1, #Trig: 2221, Time: 1 sec
Feb 7 14:12:16 (none) TmkActivityStats[282]: Sema : Cur#: 12, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:16 (none) TmkActivityStats[282]: Callme: Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:16 (none) TmkActivityStats[12248]: KnownHostBeaconActivity-->(Pri:0 Time Sample: 6 h 0 min)
Feb 7 14:12:16 (none) TmkActivityStats[12248]: Fd : Cur#: 1, Max#: 2, #Trig: 2506, Time: 19 sec
Feb 7 14:12:16 (none) TmkActivityStats[12248]: Timer : Cur#: 1, Max#: 2, #Trig: 4321, Time: 5 sec
Feb 7 14:12:16 (none) TmkActivityStats[12248]: Sema : Cur#: 4, Max#: 4, #Trig: 1424, Time: 10 sec
Feb 7 14:12:16 (none) TmkActivityStats[12248]: Callme: Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:18 (none) Scheduler[13172]: Candidates Sched 2 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 MaxR 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:18 (none) Scheduler[13172]: nonCandidates Sched 189 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 Max 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:18 (none) Scheduler[13172]: Processing PS [<?>]1:439451
Feb 7 14:12:18 (none) Scheduler[13172]: GetAllSimItems nCand 2 psId 0
Feb 7 14:12:19 (none) Scheduler[13172]: SimulationWatch: Hold 180 pri 1
Feb 7 14:12:20 (none) InputState[208]: GetOnNow()->FNeedsRefresh Input:0
Feb 7 14:12:20 (none) TvVideoGuts[208]: InputState processing took 117 msecs
Feb 7 14:12:20 (none) TvVideoGuts[208]: Total Heartbeat processing took 121 msecs
Feb 7 14:12:24 (none) InputState[208]: GetOnNow()->FNeedsRefresh Input:1
Feb 7 14:12:24 (none) TvVideoGuts[208]: InputState processing took 106 msecs
Feb 7 14:12:24 (none) TvVideoGuts[208]: Total Heartbeat processing took 108 msecs
Feb 7 14:12:24 (none) Scheduler[13172]: Candidates Sched 2 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 MaxR 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:24 (none) Scheduler[13172]: nonCandidates Sched 189 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 Max 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:25 (none) Scheduler[13172]: Processing PS [<?>]1:440490
Feb 7 14:12:25 (none) TmkActivityStats[13149]: SpigotSpigotMapActivity-->(Pri:0 Time Sample: 6 h 0 min)
Feb 7 14:12:25 (none) TmkActivityStats[13149]: Fd : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:25 (none) TmkActivityStats[13149]: Timer : Cur#: 1, Max#: 1, #Trig: 721, Time: 57 sec
Feb 7 14:12:25 (none) TmkActivityStats[13149]: Sema : Cur#: 1, Max#: 1, #Trig: 12, Time: 2 sec
Feb 7 14:12:25 (none) TmkActivityStats[13149]: Callme: Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:25 (none) TmkActivityStats[12969]: SpigotGroupsActivity-->(Pri:0 Time Sample: 6 h 0 min)
Feb 7 14:12:25 (none) TmkActivityStats[12969]: Fd : Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:25 (none) TmkActivityStats[12969]: Timer : Cur#: 1, Max#: 1, #Trig: 721, Time: 862 msec
Feb 7 14:12:25 (none) TmkActivityStats[12969]: Sema : Cur#: 1, Max#: 1, #Trig: 6, Time: 1 sec
Feb 7 14:12:25 (none) TmkActivityStats[12969]: Callme: Cur#: 0, Max#: 0, #Trig: 0, Time: 0 usec
Feb 7 14:12:26 (none) Recorder[245]: Checking schedule
Feb 7 14:12:27 (none) Scheduler[13172]: GetAllSimItems nCand 2 psId 0
Feb 7 14:12:27 (none) DbNowShowingBucketList.C[13184]: (645) Dump this=0x5ee73220 items=0 Nodes=18 pDirM=/Recording/NowShowingByBucketTitle
Feb 7 14:12:27 (none) DbNowShowingBucketList.C[13184]: (645) Dump this=0x5ee73370 items=97 Nodes=0 pDirM=/Recording/NowShowingByFlatTitle
Feb 7 14:12:27 (none) DbNowShowingBucketList.C[13184]: (645) Dump this=0x5ee732b0 items=97 Nodes=0 pDirM=/Recording/NowShowingByClassic
Feb 7 14:12:27 (none) Scheduler[13172]: SimulationWatch: Hold 181 pri 1
Feb 7 14:12:29 (none) Scheduler[13172]: Candidates Sched 2 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 MaxR 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:29 (none) Scheduler[13172]: nonCandidates Sched 189 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 Max 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:29 (none) Scheduler[13172]: Processing PS [<?>]1:440504
Feb 7 14:12:30 (none) Scheduler[13172]: GetAllSimItems nCand 2 psId 0
Feb 7 14:12:30 (none) Scheduler[13172]: SimulationWatch: Hold 182 pri 1
Feb 7 14:12:32 (none) DbNowShowingBucketList.C[13184]: (645) Dump this=0x5ee73220 items=0 Nodes=19 pDirM=/Recording/NowShowingByBucketTitle
Feb 7 14:12:32 (none) DbNowShowingBucketList.C[13184]: (645) Dump this=0x5ee73370 items=98 Nodes=0 pDirM=/Recording/NowShowingByFlatTitle
Feb 7 14:12:32 (none) DbNowShowingBucketList.C[13184]: (645) Dump this=0x5ee732b0 items=98 Nodes=0 pDirM=/Recording/NowShowingByClassic
Feb 7 14:12:32 (none) Scheduler[13172]: Candidates Sched 2 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 MaxR 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:32 (none) Scheduler[13172]: nonCandidates Sched 189 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 Max 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:32 (none) Scheduler[13172]: Processing PS [<?>]1:440529
Feb 7 14:12:32 (none) Scheduler[13172]: GetAllSimItems nCand 2 psId 0
Feb 7 14:12:33 (none) Scheduler[13172]: SimulationWatch: Hold 183 pri 1
Feb 7 14:12:34 (none) Scheduler[13172]: Candidates Sched 2 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 MaxR 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:34 (none) Scheduler[13172]: nonCandidates Sched 190 Cancel Tuner 0 Disk 0 Max 0 NoReRec 0 SameShow 0 Negative 0 CopyProtection 0
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) InputState[208]: GetOnNow()->FNeedsRefresh Input:0
Feb 7 14:12:39 (none) InputState[208]: GetOnNow()->FNeedsRefresh Input:1
Jan 2 00:00:18 (none) TmkInit[53]: Starting program osdwriter

This is going to sound like a kludge (it is), but you might consider putting a small delay in between transfers to allow MFS to quiesce.
OK, how long? 1 sec? 500msec?

Jamie
02-07-2007, 01:43 PM
tverr
Feb 7 03:50:27 (none) TvMomHpkSwitchSource.C[262]: GetData: Overrun
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) TmkAssertionFailure[13172]: : (Audit, line 32 ())
Feb 7 14:12:35 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[13172]: Tmk Fatal Error: Activity HandleDataChanged <13172> strayed! (block timestamp 5262601934791)
I've seen those HandleDataChanged crashes before, but I'm not quite sure what is causing them. If I'm reading the logs right, I think the crash is coming from the Scheduler thread, which is probably looking at the MFS data structures while mfs_ftp is trying to update them.

OK, how long? 1 sec? 500msec?Like any good kludge, you'll have to figure this out by trial and error! I'd start high (maybe 10 seconds?) and work your way down to the smallest value that prevents the crashes. Of course, there is no guarantee this will help at all.

Jamie
02-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I would appreciate a patch to add the appropriate unset commands for every close.Here's a lightly tested mfs_ftp patch to work around the PASV problem. It is to be applied after the jerrymc mfs_ftp.20070121 rollup patch (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=273667#post273667). If, after testing, there is general agreement that this is an improvement with no negatives, we can roll a new mfs_ftp rollup patch.

I don't expect this to make any differences for the HandleDataChanged reboot problems.

[edit: the patch can now be found here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=276419#post276419)]

gfb107
02-08-2007, 01:46 PM
That patch seems to be working well.

But I'm now running into problems that I think are caused by transfers and caching overlapping and interfering with each other.

I think I'm going to put the cache updates on the queue along with the show transfers. That's not going to get done in the next few days, however.

gfb107
02-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Alright, here's a version that does the cache updates as jobs on the transfer queue, to make sure there is no interference between cache updates and transfers. I also added a one second delay between jobs.

I also switched from my home-brew FTP client interface to Jakarta Commons Net (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/).

With this version and Jamie's patchhttp://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=276094&postcount=180 above I was able to queue up 2 imports and 1 export (all to/from an HDVR2), all of which completed successfully.

*********** Updated ************
This version has been removed as it is now obsolete. Use the version [url=http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=276094&postcount=180]here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=275434&postcount=15702072007).

gfb107
02-09-2007, 06:01 PM
I forgot to mention that although the cache updates are done through the transfer queue, and they are included in the pending count, there is no progress indicator for them. Also, completed cache updates are not kept in the transfer history.

Butch
02-10-2007, 04:57 PM
This is what I get when running the new version just released two threads up. #159

I deleted the cache folder and reran MovieLoader and got the same errors.
Not sure if it something on my computer or another TiVo has a wrong date. I will edit it so it does not select the computer as a server to see if that helps.
I DID notice on the version before this one that I would receive java errors also sometimes when trying to transfer shows. I wonder if its because of Galleon.

C:\MovieLoader>java -jar C:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.jar MovieLoader
HME SDK 1.4 (TiVo, Inc.)
LOG: Parsing "C:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.properties"
LOG: "Pams" represents "ftp://192.168.0.211:3105/tmf/"
LOG: "Dads" represents "ftp://192.168.0.209:3105/tmf/"
LOG: "Dad's Living Room" represents "ftp://192.168.0.240:3105/tmf/"
LOG: "Pam's Bedroom" represents "ftp://192.168.0.212:3105/tmf/"
LOG: "Jacuzzi" represents "ftp://192.168.0.202:3105/tmf/"
LOG: "UpStairs" represents "ftp://192.168.0.201:3105/tmf/"
LOG: "Bedroom" represents "ftp://192.168.0.251:3105/tmf/"
LOG: "Basement" represents "ftp://192.168.0.203:3105/tmf/"
LOG: "Living Room" represents "ftp://192.168.0.208:3105/tmf/"
LOG: "Computer Holdings" represents "t:\TiVo Shows"
LOG: "CBC News at 6:35 AM & PM" represents "T:\CBC Tivo Shows"
MDNS: http://192.168.0.1:1332/MovieLoader/
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "PM Mon Oct 09, 2006"
at java.text.DateFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
at MediaFile.<init>(MediaFile.java:108)
at FtpMediaFile.<init>(FtpMediaFile.java:60)
at FtpMediaFolder.updateCache(FtpMediaFolder.java:121)
at CacheUpdater.perform(CacheUpdater.java:93)
at FtpThread.run(FtpThread.java:98)
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "PM Mon Oct 09, 2006"
at MediaFile.<init>(MediaFile.java:108)
at FtpMediaFile.<init>(FtpMediaFile.java:60)
at FtpMediaFolder.updateCache(FtpMediaFolder.java:121)
at CacheUpdater.perform(CacheUpdater.java:93)
at FtpThread.run(FtpThread.java:98)

whitepelican
02-10-2007, 05:42 PM
I've had the "unparseable date" errors as well. I think they were caused by screwy names of orphaned mfs_ftp transfers that never made it from the previous version of MovieLoader. Rebooting the offending Tivo to remove those orphans cleared the problem up for me. This newest version of MovieLoader, along with the mfs_ftp patches, has been working flawlessly for me so far. Here's a log of some of those unparseable date errors:

HME SDK 1.4 (TiVo, Inc.)
LOG: Showing files in "D:\Video"
2/9/07 11:05:39 AM: Done!
MDNS: http://192.168.0.100:7288/MovieLoader/
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "PM Mon Mar 27, 2006"
at MediaFile.<init>(MediaFile.java:104)
at LocalMediaFile.<init>(LocalMediaFile.java:45)
at LocalMediaFile.<init>(LocalMediaFile.java:40)
at LocalMediaFolder.list(LocalMediaFolder.java:72)
at MainMenuScreen.run(MainMenuScreen.java:138)
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "10.02 A"
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "PM Wed Mar 08, 2006"
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "PM Tue Mar 07, 2006"
MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] warning: resource 2063 not found.
MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] warning: resource 2063 not found.
LOG: Received event for unknown resource id. Id = 2063, event = 2063.RESOURCE_IN
FO(complete, {})
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "PM Mon Mar 27, 2006"
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "10.02 A"
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "PM Wed Mar 08, 2006"
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "PM Tue Mar 07, 2006"

tlphipps
02-11-2007, 04:14 PM
The latest version seems to be working fine.

But I do have one problem that I think has been around for awhile now:
Nearly all of my media files are .tmf files stored on my video server, and the date listed for all of them in MovieLoader's main list is 12/31/??. When I view the details screen the correct date is shown.

gfb107
02-11-2007, 04:38 PM
When you say "stored on my video server", does that mean an FTP server, or on your PC where MovieLoader is running? Are the file names consistent with how mfs_ftp names files? The information in the list is extracted from the file names, while the information on the details screen comes from parsing the XML data (from a .xml file with the same name as the .tmf file, or from the embedded XML in the .tmf if it a local file).

The details

tlphipps
02-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Well, that answers that question. I renamed the files to simply be the name of the movie which explains why I'm getting a bogus date.

Now I have a question about the future of MovieLoader. I saw a post you made in a tivoserver thread about possibly working together with tivoserver to provide transcoding of other formats. But the response from the tivoserver group seemed to indicate that wouldn't be possible. Do you have any other plans to support any kind of transcoding engine for MovieLoader? It would be awesome if we could pipe the output from the ty-enabled ffmpeg into MovieLoader. Please don't take this question the wrong way, as it stands MovieLoader is incredible! Even without transcoding it has provided me with an interface I have been wanting for several years!

pjo1966
02-13-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm having a newbie problem installing MovieLoader on my HR10-250. I followed the instructions in the Read Me file and got the following result:

HD-bash# java -jar c:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.jar MovieLoader C:\MovieLoader
>

The c:\ path I used is a little longer, but it points to where the file is located. All I get as a result is ">". The only way for me to get a bash prompt again is to close the window and start from scratch. I know that HME is running because I ran the Quick Start test and it worked fine. What am I missing?

gfb107
02-13-2007, 02:58 PM
I notice a bash prompt. Does that mean you are doing this on your HR10-250?

If so, that's the problem. You should be doing this on your PC.

pjo1966
02-13-2007, 03:03 PM
I notice a bash prompt. Does that mean you are doing this on your HR10-250?

If so, that's the problem. You should be doing this on your PC.

I did say it was a newbie problem, didn't I? :D Thanks.

wundernaut
02-15-2007, 05:15 AM
I am seeing a problem in specifying the ftp port in the MovieLoader.properties file. If I specify any port at all, say ftp://<mytivo>:3105, MovieLoader uses ftp://<mytivo>:21. If no port is specified the default 3105 is correctly used.

I am using the 2/9 MovieLoader, java 1.6, and jamie's mfs_ftp-20070207-pasv-fix patch. I have transferred over a dozen files so far with no problems at all, whereas before I could never do more than one or two files before I saw mfs_ftp.tcl problems with PASV and PORT on one or the other TiVos. This has become a very useful utility!

tlphipps
02-15-2007, 10:39 AM
I am seeing a problem in specifying the ftp port in the MovieLoader.properties file. If I specify any port at all, say ftp://<mytivo>:3105, MovieLoader uses ftp://<mytivo>:21. If no port is specified the default 3105 is correctly used.

I'll second that. I completely forgot to mention it before.

Another issue I've been having is that the cache updates seem to be hanging on my HR10-250. When I restart MovieLoader, it successfully updates the cache, but when I look a day or two later at the list, it hasn't been updated. If I look at the transfer log I can see a "Cache update" that is listed as still being in progress, but it stays that way for days at a time. The only way I can get it to update the cache correctly is to restart MovieLoader. Anybody else seeing this? I'm running the latest build of MovieLoader along with mfs_ftp with the rollup patch and Jamie's PASV patch.

wundernaut
02-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Another issue I've been having is that the cache updates seem to be hanging on my HR10-250. When I restart MovieLoader, it successfully updates the cache, but when I look a day or two later at the list, it hasn't been updated. If I look at the transfer log I can see a "Cache update" that is listed as still being in progress, but it stays that way for days at a time. The only way I can get it to update the cache correctly is to restart MovieLoader. Anybody else seeing this? I'm running the latest build of MovieLoader along with mfs_ftp with the rollup patch and Jamie's PASV patch.

If I look at the mfs_ftp.tcl logs on both my TiVos when MovieLoader is idle, it looks as though MovieLoader is running NLIST commands every 20 minutes or so. At the risk of stating the obvious, is anything else logged into your mfs_ftps that might be holding off MovieLoader?

tlphipps
02-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Definitely possible since I have other scripts downloading files automatically. But based on the logs displayed in MovieLoader, the times don't match up with my other scripts, so that seems unlikely. If that IS the case, I'd like to suggest that MovieLoader should probably have a timeout after which it just gives up and tries again later.

gfb107
02-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Here's another new version of MovieLoader.

Changes: Fix handling of FTP URLs that include a port but not a path. Add timeout for connecting to FTP servers. This should fix problems where transfers and/or queue updates get stuck preventing further transfers from happening. Improved logging/tracing. MovieLoader will now look for detail XML (even for FTP servers) before parsing the file name. If there is XML available (either embedded of as a separate file), it'll get parsed immediately, and that will be used for the show's title, episode, and recording date as shown in the list, not just the detail screen. Updated Readme.html

*********** Updated ***********
The version originally attached to this post is now obsolete. Please use the version here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=276094&postcount=180).

Butch
02-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Loaded new version
Delete the Movie Loader Cache just to make sure
Ran MoivieLoader and let it site for 4 min to get its cache etc.
When I goto MovieLoader on the TiVo I get this on the MovieLoader screen / see below

When I goto "Computer Holdings" represents "t:\TiVo Shows" (using the TiVo) it then starts to Retrieve the list of shows (I hear the computers harddrive working),but it takes so ling that the tivo actually goes back to LiveTV when I goback to the list for "Computer Holdings" it says again Retrieve the list , there is about 104 TMF files but the version before this had no problem, it was like bang heres the list.
Also even after quiting movieloader the cache folder is locked up on the computer. Tried to delete it and will not alow because it says it is being used by another program or something alonge those lines. I had to re log on. This happen twice.

For know I will go back to the earlier version

C:\MovieLoader>java -jar C:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.jar MovieLoader
HME SDK 1.4 (TiVo, Inc.)
LOG: "UpStairs" represents "ftp://192.168.0.201:3105/tmf/"
LOG: "Spare6.3" represents "ftp://192.168.0.222:3105/tmf/"
MDNS: http://192.168.0.1:1375/MovieLoader/
LOG: 192.168.0.222 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /MovieLoader/
MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] warning: resource 2067 not found.
LOG: Received event for unknown resource id. Id = 2067, event = 2067.RESOURCE_IN
FO(complete, {})

gfb107
02-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Is "t:\TiVo Shows" on a local drive, or is it some sort of shared/mounted network drive?

The difference with this version is that MovieLoader is reading & parsing the XML for the files in "t:\TiVo Shows" when you select "Computer Holdings". For 104 files on the local drive it really shouldn't take that long.

Having said that, it might be reasonable to prefetch (but not cache) the list of files for local folders. It would be done as part of the caching of FTP show information.

Butch
02-17-2007, 10:12 AM
"t:\TiVo Shows" is a local drive
I created another folder on my dirve and put about 3 shows there and it works.

4 of my tivos will not even come up with a cache /tmf folder stays empty and tivo says "no shows available... Please make sure an ftp is running" I can ftp into 3105 and get a list, and all works great with older version of MovieLoader
Bedroom=ftp://192.168.0.251
Living Room=ftp://192.168.0.208
Spare6.3=ftp://192.168.0.222
Pams=ftp://192.168.0.211
I tried these alone and mixed with others and these 4 always never work.

MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] warning: resource 2067 not found. error does not come up anymore.

I guess it must be my setup of something. Ill goback to older version unless there is some testing you want me to do but if no one else has this problem then it just must be myn.

gfb107
02-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Here's a version that pre-fetches even for local folders.

One of the side effects of pre-fetching is that everything will be empty until the first pre-fetch completes.

Immediately after starting MovieLoader, go to one of your HR10-250s and get into MovieLoader, then press Enter to see the Transfer Queue.
You should see an "Update Cache" in progress. Press Select or Right to view it's details. As it progresses, you can press Replay to get the latest details. See if there is any information that might be useful.

***** Updated *****
The version originally attached to this post is now obsolete. Use the version here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=276094&postcount=180).

Butch
02-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Here is the screen shot
As you see for caching certain tivos it has
Read Time out
but it does this in a second I believe.

This is using version from post #173

Ill try version from post 177 and let you know
Thanks

Butch
02-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Using MovieLoader from post #177

this is the computer screen window
HME SDK 1.4 (TiVo, Inc.)
LOG: "Computer High Def" represents "t:\High Def"
MDNS: http://192.168.0.1:7288/MovieLoader/
LOG: 192.168.0.222 icon.png HTTP GET - to factory /MovieLoader/
LOG: Received event for unknown resource id. Id = 2067, event = 2067.RESOURCE_IN
FO(complete, {})

3.jpg is the TiVo screen
It took 7 min to cach the computer folder witch has about 120 shows saved.
Still no cach from sertain tivos. Always the same TiVos. Maby I need to make sure MFS_FTP are the same on all tivos but funny there is no problems with earlier Movie Loader.

gfb107
02-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Older version didn't have a connection timeout. That's the difference.

So, if you wait until after the computer folder is loaded, do the shows in that folder show up correctly?

Are the failing TiVos further away? Are there more switches/hubs/routers between the computer and the failing TiVos than to the working TiVos?

Here's a version with a longer timeout.

Butch
02-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Something very funky going on in my cahhe Update details know.

I will reboot all tivos.
It looks like a buffer from a MFS_FTP or something is running
I see Prision Break trying to transfer or something or is this just movie loader trying to copy the info from the file.

THis has to be just my tivos / setup. I will reboot everything and see if that fixes it. I will del the mfs_ftp cache also on all tivos. Make sure all tivos have the same MFS_FTP copy
Hope this sounds like the right thing to do.

Thanks

gfb107
02-17-2007, 01:41 PM
It is important that you have the latest and greatest mfs_ftp on ALL TiVos that you access from MovieLoader, including Jamie's PASV/PORT fix (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=275434&postcount=157).

gfb107
02-17-2007, 01:45 PM
MovieLoader does cache the XML files for each recording. It should only copy them once, though.

am2006
02-17-2007, 06:31 PM
This may be a really dumb question but would this work on a series 1 tivo? I'm not really familiar with HME but from reading this thread it sound like you just need mfs_ftp running on the tivo. I've got that running on my series 1 tivo so...

I'm assuming there is something different about an HME enabled tivo that would prevent this from running on a no HME tivo...

Narf54321
02-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Home Media Engine (HME) is a Java framework which relies on networking support built into the S2 and S3 machines. No HME program is going run on an S1 unit. HME allows MovieLoader to show up as a new menu item on the Tivo interface.

However, you can still make use of MFS_FTP and something on the PC like FlashFXP (or similar) to initiate transfers between, say, two S1 units.

Butch
02-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Older version didn't have a connection timeout. That's the difference.

So, if you wait until after the computer folder is loaded, do the shows in that folder show up correctly?

Are the failing TiVos further away? Are there more switches/hubs/routers between the computer and the failing TiVos than to the working TiVos?

Here's a version with a longer timeout.

Just tried this version out. ( I did not notice this reply / version to test tell know)

All tivos are running the same MFS_FTP all uptodate and are on the same network switch 10/100 and all tivos have same USB adaptor 2.0 Netgear .Rebooted all tivos etc.

For the tivos that timered out (4 tivos) I can read 2 of them know (must be because of the extra time you added for timout) but the 2 of the tivoes times out in 5 seconds These 2 tivos that time out are a high def tivo and the other is a stand alone tivo series 2 unit so maby they both need more time before they time out. (the rest of the tivos are 6.2 standard direct tivos series 2)

As for the Computer directory that has over 100 shows on it, during the cach for that folder the tivo screen pops up error program ran out of memory after every 6 min or so and I have to then goback into movieloader and the cach log is still running though. (but it does eventually get the cach for that folder took 22 MIN.)
Movie loader screen on computer just keeps on kicking out the lines
"
MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(100,rendered text exceeded max
llowed dimensions of 1024x768)
"
Sounds like maby this Error is what is slowing down the cach for this folder if that makes any sence

am2006
02-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Home Media Engine (HME) is a Java framework which relies on networking support built into the S2 and S3 machines. No HME program is going run on an S1 unit. HME allows MovieLoader to show up as a new menu item on the Tivo interface.

However, you can still make use of MFS_FTP and something on the PC like FlashFXP (or similar) to initiate transfers between, say, two S1 units.
Thanks for the response. So I take it there is no way right now to get load movies (that aren't already in a tivo native format) onto a series 1?

Cure
02-18-2007, 09:55 PM
gfb107 -
I am trying to run MovieLoader and I get this when I run from the command line
C:\Users\"username">java -jar c:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.jar MovieLoader:

MovieLoader
HME SDK 1.4 (TiVo, Inc.)
LOG: Showing files in "C:\Users\'username'"
MDNS: http://192.168.0.2:7288/MovieLoader/

So something is happening, but nothing shows on the TiVo. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Thank you very much.

gfb107
02-19-2007, 08:50 AM
Are you sure you have an HME enabled TiVo?
Have you gone into "Music, Photos, & More"?
Do you see "Enable Home Network Applications..."
Have you done that?

Cure
02-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Are you sure you have an HME enabled TiVo?

I have Music, Photos and More that has a lot of the Yahoo! and game options. I went to Enable Home Network applications (it said "Disable," so I disabled and then reenabled it). Still no luck.

gfb107
02-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Does your PC have multiple IP addresses? What do you see when you run "netstat -r" at the command line?

Cure
02-19-2007, 09:49 AM
What do you see when you run "netstat -r" at the command line?

C:\Documents and Settings\"username">netstat -r

Route Table
===========================================================================
Interface List
0x1 ........................... MS TCP Loopback interface
0x2 ...00 12 17 4f 94 d1 ...... Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter(LNE100TX
v4) - Packet Scheduler Miniport
0x10004 ...00 50 f2 7d e6 f0 ...... Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Active Routes:
Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2 20
127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 1
169.254.0.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.2 192.168.0.2 30
192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.2 192.168.0.2 20
192.168.0.2 255.255.255.255 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 20
192.168.0.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.2 192.168.0.2 20
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 192.168.0.2 192.168.0.2 20
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.2 10004 1
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.2 192.168.0.2 1
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Persistent Routes:
None

Does that tell you anything?

gfb107
02-19-2007, 10:19 AM
There's no entry labelled "Movie Loader" mixed in with all the others under Music Photos & More? I think they get sorted alphabetically, if that helps.

Just for my information, what kind of TiVo have you got?

Cure
02-19-2007, 10:27 AM
No MovieLoader entry, although there are lots of others.

HR10-250 with patched tivoapp and I also have an HDVR2 that has been superpatched on the same wireless network.

Thank you very much for your responses.

Narf54321
02-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the response. So I take it there is no way right now to get load movies (that aren't already in a tivo native format) onto a series 1?

Since this is the MovieLoader thread, I would say the proper answer is "No, MovieLoader doesn't work on the S1" and leave it at that.

Anything else probably should be in a new thread. But I have read about Sanderton had worked on some sort of SendKey program (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50094) which adds a menu entry for transfer between two S1 Tivo units. I don't know if that helps you in particular, but it seems like SendKey is the key.

gfb107
02-19-2007, 05:29 PM
Here's another version of MovieLoader to try to address Butch's problems.
This one puts all the traces for the cache updates in a file (cache\log). The complete path name is shown in the cache update detail screen. This allowed me to put more information in the log, and reduces memory usage, and makes it easier to cut'n'paste information from the log for posts here.

I've also doubled the connection timeout again (now up to 10 seconds from just 1 which works fine for my hdvr2 and hr10-250 through 2 switches)
Butch, are you using any other tools that use mfs_ftp? mfs_ftp only supports one connection at a time, so if mfs_ftp is being used by something else, MovieLoader will timeout. Otherwise it is really odd that it would take more than 5 seconds to connect to a TiVo on your home network

gfb107
02-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Cure, what the IP address of your hr10-250?

Cure
02-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Cure, what the IP address of your hr10-250?

Butch
02-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Here's another version of MovieLoader to try to address Butch's problems.
This one puts all the traces for the cache updates in a file (cache\log). The complete path name is shown in the cache update detail screen. This allowed me to put more information in the log, and reduces memory usage, and makes it easier to cut'n'paste information from the log for posts here.

I've also doubled the connection timeout again (now up to 10 seconds from just 1 which works fine for my hdvr2 and hr10-250 through 2 switches)
Butch, are you using any other tools that use mfs_ftp? mfs_ftp only supports one connection at a time, so if mfs_ftp is being used by something else, MovieLoader will timeout. Otherwise it is really odd that it would take more than 5 seconds to connect to a TiVo on your home network

I do have running on the TiVos
NCID network Caller ID running on tivo 192.168.0.240 which sends out the info to all the other tivos.
TiVoWebPlus running on all TiVos
FTP server
EndPadPlus running on 3 TiVos
Cron running on all tivos. Onlt runs stuff like fakecall and reboot every sunday, nothing that is constantly runing like a test cron log.
Telent
Computer is running Galleon but I have turned that off for these Tests.

The extra time did the trick for retrieving all the shows from every TiVo.
Thanks.

A HA.. THIS might have to do with it I think. The settings I have here are on all tivos. Maby I should only have these settings put on the HR10-250 only. I will fix this.

I have set the settings.tcl in MFS_FTP to go slow because on the HR10-250 if set to default then when transfering shows and recording High Def the TiVo would slow down to a stand still almost.
Here is my settings.tcl
"
set info(ithrottle) 2 ;#
set info(insert_priority) 4 ;#
set info(dbl) 0 ;#
set info(multithreaded) 0 ;#
set info(saveuntil) suggestion ;#
set info(name_detail) 5 ;#
set info(bjuggle) 0 ;#
set info(active) 0 ;#
set info(ac_interval) 1800 ;#
set resume(e) 0 ;#
set info(gatewayip) "127.0.0.1" ;#
set info(gatewayport) "3105" ;#
"

insert_priority default is 10
ithrottle value default is 2

For reading of the Computer Drive Folder this time it only took 8 min.

Attached is my log
TiVO 192.168.0.201 was turned off
TiVo 192.168.0.222 has no recordings on it
log says it failed I gues because it could not get ahold of TiVo x.201

Transfers dont work , Read time out. Jpgs attached

carpenter1
02-19-2007, 07:16 PM

Nice to see another Cubs fan.

Cure
02-19-2007, 08:39 PM
I tried starting it from the MovieLoader directory and got this:
c:\MovieLoader>java -jar C:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.jar MovieLoader
HME SDK 1.4 (TiVo, Inc.)
LOG: Parsing "c:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.properties"
LOG: "FTP Server" represents "ftp://192.168.0.101:21/"
LOG: "Movies" represents "F:\Ripped"
MDNS: http://192.168.0.2:7288/MovieLoader/

It seemed to do a little more (created a cache file), but still nothing on the screen. Log file attached.
Thank you very much.

gfb107
02-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Here's a version that should include more error information in cache\log.txt.

Cure
02-19-2007, 10:33 PM
OK, here's the new improved log file.

gfb107
02-20-2007, 07:26 AM
The errors we are seeing are the result of your FTP server generating a different format for the LIST command than MovieLoader expects.

I need to figure out how to deal with that.

However, it doesn't explain why you aren't seeing MovieLoader show up on your HR10-250. Have you tried running the HME simulator that is included with the HME SDK? Just download the SDK (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/tivohme/hme_sdk_1.4.0.zip?download), unzip and run
java -jar c:\hme_sdk_1.4\simulator.jar

Butch
02-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Heres a quick request.
To have all High Def recorders marked some how. That way when you are on Stand Alone TiVos you can know which shows you can not play HD shows.

gfb107
02-20-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm not clear on this request.

Do you want a way to tell that a particular show is in HD, or a way to tell that a particular FTP Server supports HD recordings?

The show XML may included a field that somehow indicates an HD recording, but it isn't obvious what that field is.

Butch
02-20-2007, 09:05 AM
a way to tell that a particular show is in HD would be great.

Also
while one tivo is sending to another tivo / lets say two totally different tivo want to transfer between each other . Instead of putting that in Transfer que could it not start the transfer also running at the same time?

Cure
02-20-2007, 09:26 AM
OK, thanks to you, we're making some progress. The HME SDK shows that something is going on. I've attached the screenshot and the command line output below.

I've also attached my Properties file because I don't think it's right. HR10-250 is at 192.168.0.52 and HDVR2 is at 192.168.0.101. Any special directory best for the PC? Do you need an FTP server running on it?

I had a few more thoughts. Could it be the services settings on the router, some setting in the firewall or Java console?
Or a conflict with TiVo Desktop 2.2, which I have running for Music and Photos?

One other thing: I'm doing all this in Vista. I tried it once in XP and it didn't work. Should I be doing this troubleshooting in XP and try it in Vista later?

Thanks again.

gfb107
02-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Your MovieLoader.properties isn't being used, as you can see in the SDKSHot.jpg and CLOutput. If you want to use the properties file in C:\MovieLoader, either cd there before launching MovieLoader or use the command
java -jar C:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.jar MovieLoader C:\MovieLoader

Do you have any .tmf/.ty/.ty+ files in F:\Ripped that you want to be able to load onto your HR10-250?

If your HR10-250 is at 192.168.0.52, your HDVR2 is at 192.168.0.101, and you want to be able to load shows from f:\Ripped on your PC, your MovieLoader.properties should look like
HDVR2=ftp://192.168.0.101
HR10-250=ftp://192.168.0.52
Rips=F:\Ripped

You do not need an FTP server on your PC.

It is possible that the firewall is blocking MovieLoader from announcing itself on the network.

labbie48
02-20-2007, 12:48 PM
If you have an "xml" and a "jpg" with a "ty"file, all named the same, in the transfer directory will they be transfered too?

If you embed an "xml" file in a ty+ file using ffmpeg, will that info show up in the info screen in the now playing list.

What I am trying to do is upload a movie to my HR10 so that the movie info displays but am having no luck. Any pointers on hoe to do this?

gfb107
02-20-2007, 01:45 PM
If you have an "xml" and a "jpg" with a "ty"file, all named the same, in the transfer directory will they be transfered too?No

If you embed an "xml" file in a ty+ file using ffmpeg, will that info show up in the info screen in the now playing list.Yes, assuming the XML is in the correct format

What I am trying to do is upload a movie to my HR10 so that the movie info displays but am having no luck. Any pointers on hoe to do this?
MovieLoader is just a front end for mfs_ftp. Details about the XML that can be embedded in .tmf/.ty/.ty+ files and how to embed it can be found in a number of other threads here. Maybe a good starting point is http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=260461&postcount=75

JJBliss
02-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Folks,

I apologize. I inadertantly deleted this thread, and along with it, all attachments. It was in error. There is no reason for the thread or attachments to be deleted.

I was able to restore the thread, but not the attachments.

Please re-upload the attachments where appropriate.

Thanks

JJBliss

cheer
02-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Awesome, thanks for resurrecting it JJ!

gfb107
02-21-2007, 04:41 PM
OK, I've updated the MovieLoader announcement post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=270161&postcount=1) with my most recent version of MovieLoader and a description of all the changes. There has been a change to the MovieLoader command-line, so please read the Readme.html

Cure
02-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Turns out that what finally worked (and it did initially get blocked by the firewall) was using

from Post #130 instead of the java -jar.

I have no idea why.

Does that tell us anything?

This rocks!

Cure
02-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Anyone else see that problem?

gfb107
02-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Turns out that what finally worked (and it did initially get blocked by the firewall) was using

from Post #130 instead of the java -jar.

I have no idea why.

Does that tell us anything?

This rocks!You must not be using my latest build, cause that shouldn't work anymore. It would have to be
start c:\movieloader\movieloader.jar c:\movieloader

The only explanation I have is that you have multiple versions of java installed, and the one that is associated with .jar files is good, but the one in your path is not. Let's find out which one is in your path. Try
java -version

gfb107
02-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Anyone else see that problem?

Yes, it does that when you are transferring between two FTP servers. The FTP servers do the transfers between themselves, by request from MovieLoader. MovieLoader has no way to know what the progress is. It only knows that the transfer has started, and it knows when it finishes. That's all. It doesn't know the exact progress, so it reports ??%. I could just leave it blank if you think that is less confusing.

Transfers to/from a directory on the PC are done by MovieLoader, so it knows the exact progress and can report the percent complete.

Cure
02-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Try
java -version

c:\>java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode, sharing)

I thought the latest build was the only one after yesterday's tragedy.

gfb107
02-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Also do
assoc .jar
My results are
.jar=jarfile
Now take those result and use them for the ftype command
ftype jarfile
What does that show?

On my PC I get
jarfile="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

I thought you might be using an older version you downloaded before the "tragedy". Anyway, there are cases where the old command line will work with the new version, but there are a lot more where it won't. So you should use the new command line as documented in the Readme.html

Cure
02-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Now take those result and use them for the ftype command
ftype jarfile
What does that show?

c:\>ftype jarfile
jarfile="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

gfb107
02-21-2007, 10:32 PM
I don't have a clue.
But, at least you are up and running now. Other than the ??% thing, does everything look pretty good?

Cure
02-21-2007, 10:52 PM
I think so. I'll report back after some intensive beta testing.

Thanks again.

Cure
02-22-2007, 12:18 AM
OK, first problem is transfers quit after a few seconds. Last line is:

"java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect"

Also, it isn't creating a log in the cache file. Should it be? Please advise.

gfb107
02-22-2007, 12:30 AM
So what were you doing? Importing a recording from the hdvr2 to the hr10-250? Are you sure mfs_ftp was up and running on both?

"Connection refused" usually means mfs_ftp isn't running.

The cache/log.txt file is only for the cache updates.

Butch
02-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Just retyping request to make them sound like better sense.

a:
To have all High Def shows/recordings marked some how.
A way to tell that a particular show/recording is in High Def would be great because regular tivos can not play them and would be a waist of time to transfer them just to find out they wont play. Especially when you looking at a High Def Receivers playlist from a Stand Alone TiVo.

b:
Also would be awesome for me that is if we can reorganize via the Recording Date the tivo recorded the show at.
This is how I have all my tivos NowPlaying list organized

c:
When transferring a show between two tivos would it be possible to start another transfer between two different tivos instead of making them wait in pending area.
Just thinking it would be able because we can do this using a FTP program.
Hope that made sense.

gfb107
02-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Just retyping request to make them sound like better sense.

a:
To have all High Def shows/recordings marked some how.
A way to tell that a particular show/recording is in High Def would be great because regular tivos can not play them and would be a waist of time to transfer them just to find out they wont play.
I've been thinking about this, and I don't think there's a reliable way to do this. I can probably figure out which part of the XML indicates the show is presented in HDTV. But, when a non-HD show is broadcast on an HD station, it is generally upconverted to HD even though it isn't really HD. Those shows won't be marked as HD, and won't be playable on non-HD TiVos.
The way I do this is by looking at the channel a show was recorded on (which is shown on the show details screen with the recorded date.)

b:
Also would be awesome for me that is if we can reorganize via the Recording Date the tivo recorded the show at.
This is how I have all my tivos NowPlaying list organizedI hear you.

c:
When transferring a show between two tivos would it be possible to start another transfer between two different tivos instead of making them wait in pending area.
Just thinking it would be able because we can do this using a FTP program.
Hope that made sense.It is possible, but is harder to do than you might think.

Cure
02-22-2007, 10:26 AM
gfb107 -

FYI, I tried all 3: imports from PC and HDVR2, and exports from the HR10-250 and I got the same information about connection refused. So I kind of doubt that mfs_ftp was not running from all 3 sources. It was late so I only tried it once so I'll keep trying after restarting everything. Also, FlashFXP works pretty reliably most of the time.

Regarding the HD "filter," can you do anything with the fact that that most of the HD shows are like 5+ gigs whereas the SD shows are much smaller?

Keep up the good work.

cheer
02-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Regarding the HD "filter," can you do anything with the fact that that most of the HD shows are like 5+ gigs whereas the SD shows are much smaller?
That wouldn't be very reliable. Plenty of HD shows are less than 5 gig (esp. shorter shows), and it's not unheard of for an SD show to be larger (a football game, f'rinstance).

gfb107
02-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Hmm. You can get to the list of shows on the HR10-250 (so mfs_ftp must be running), in order to attempt an export to the PC (I assume you tried that).
However, the export to the PC doesn't work because of a "Connection refused" exception. When exporting to the PC, the only connection attempted is to the ip address of the HME client system (should be the hr10-250), on port 3105.

Post your MovieLoader.properties file again (just copy 'n' paste into a code section, don't attach).
Also, look at the details of the failed transfer and tell me what the source and target are.

Cure
02-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Actually, now that I think of it, that was the one thing I did NOT try. I only tried to export to the HDVR2. I'll give it a try tonight.

I'm not at home, so I can't get to my Properties file, but I'm pretty sure it's the same as the one you were kind enough to write for me in Post #209.

angra
02-22-2007, 12:48 PM
It doesn't know the exact progress, so it reports ??%. I could just leave it blank if you think that is less confusing.

I'm late to this particular question, but I think "Unknown" would be a little more intuitive. To me, the "??" sort of implied that the information is coming soon, or that something was wrong.

Cure
02-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Post your MovieLoader.properties file again (just copy 'n' paste into a code section, don't attach).

OK, here it is:

HDVR2=ftp://192.168.0.101
HR10-250=ftp://192.168.0.52
Rips=F:\Ripped

Source and target appear to be
Source ftp://192.168.0.52:3105/tmf/"filename"
Target F:\Ripped\"filename"

Does that tell you anything?

gfb107
02-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Still haven't figure this out. I'm thinking it is related to the problems you have starting MovieLoader using "java -jar" instead of "start".

I've attached a new MovieLoader that puts some more information in the transfer details about the connection attempt. Maybe that'll show something.
Continue trying to export to the PC.

Note that the transfer details are also dumped to a file in the "logs" subdirectory, which will make it easier for you to to copy-n-paste the output here. You should look at the log files before killing MovieLoader, as they should get deleted then.

Cure
02-23-2007, 09:36 PM
I got a scary screen after selecting MovieLoader. It said:
Can't Run
An error occurred while running the application. The application closed during a read (0x50006).

Press SELECT to continue

I can't make it go away so I am going to try rebooting.

How do you "kill" MovieLoader? If I could suggest a future feature, it would be a more user-friendly way to start it and stop it. Even a shortcut to the command line that could be clicked on or a startup script somewhere would be easier for me.

gfb107
02-23-2007, 10:36 PM
You can start MovieLoader by simply double-clicking MovieLoader.jar, if MovieLoader.properties is in the same folder with it.

Or create a MovieLoader.bat in the MovieLoader folder as follows:
java -jar MovieLoader.jar and double-click it. This should give you a command prompt in which MovieLoader is running. To kill MovieLoader, simply give that command prompt window the focus and press Ctrl-c
Then press 'y' and enter.

Cure
02-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Here's an update. I don't whether it's the new version or what, but it seems to be working now. I have had successful transfers in every direction and no connections refused lately. It actually seems to be a better mfs_ftp client than Filezilla or SmartFTP (only FlashFXP works reliably for me in Windows).

Startup and shutdown shortcuts work well and are a big improvement.

Keep up the good work.

gfb107
02-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Glad to hear it's working well for you now. Any chance there's something different about your bluetooth setup?

Cure
02-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Nothing has changed with bluetooth that I know of since I started using MovieLoader. Does bluetooth have something to do with it?

whitepelican
02-27-2007, 11:03 AM
I want to say a big thank you to gfb107 for MovieLoader and Jamie for his work on mfs_ftp fixes. MovieLoader has been working beautifully for me.

I'd also like to add my two cents in as far as some requested changes, though these are mostly cosmetic.

1. Have shows organized by recording date, just as the Now Playing list shows them. I believe Butch mentioned this above as well.

2. Would it ever be possible to duplicate the look of a "Suggestions" folder like in the Now Playing list? The program listing for Tivos with big hard drives and a lot of suggestions looks crazy when all of the suggestions are included.

3. The dates are frequently hard to read on the selected program due to the fact that that little right arrow/greater than sign (this thing ">") is on top of it.

4. My wife tends to get double or triple transfers a lot, since hitting select too fast will bounce you back and forth between the "Import/Export" and "Done" selections. I've tried to convince her to actually read the screen, but she is not a patient woman. Is it possible to make it return to a different screen (maybe the main menu, or the programs listing for the selected ftp server) after you've initiated a transfer, instead of going back to the import/export screen?

If any of these things can be added to a future release it would be great. If not, then it is still a fantastic program as is. Thanks again to gfb107 for all of your work on this program.

gfb107
02-27-2007, 11:08 AM
I thought it might have something to do with bluetooth because there are entries for your bluetooth in the netstat -r output you posted here (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=276208&postcount=192).

It occurred to me that maybe the bluetooth interface was being used instead of the Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter in certain situations.

gfb107
02-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Have shows organized by recording date, just as the Now Playing list shows them. I believe Butch mentioned this above as well.It's in the pipeline. It'll probably end up being configurable, since I think sorting by OAR is useful for older series that are in syndication, and sometimes get recorded out of sequence because they are aired multiple times.

Would it ever be possible to duplicate the look of a "Suggestions" folder like in the Now Playing list? The program listing for Tivos with big hard drives and a lot of suggestions looks crazy when all of the suggestions are included.About the only thing that could be done is creating one big group for all the shows that don't get automatically grouped by title. This is less than ideal, since MovieLoader has no way of knowing if a particular show was recorded by a Season Pass, Wishlist, one-time recording, or suggestion. The grouping is done strictly by title. Which means a show might end up in it's title group one day and in the "collector" group another if you happen to delete another episode of that show.

The dates are frequently hard to read on the selected program due to the fact that that little right arrow/greater than sign (this thing ">") is on top of it.I'll clean that up.

My wife tends to get double or triple transfers a lot, since hitting select too fast will bounce you back and forth between the "Import/Export" and "Done" selections. I've tried to convince her to actually read the screen, but she is not a patient woman. Is it possible to make it return to a different screen (maybe the main menu, or the programs listing for the selected ftp server) after you've initiated a transfer, instead of going back to the import/export screen?I'm sure I can find a way to do that.

whitepelican
02-27-2007, 12:35 PM
gfb107 - Thanks for giving my ideas a glance.

You're absolutely correct about the recording date/original air date situation. They are both useful at different times. I wish I could select between the two on the Tivo's Now Playing List. I'm just used to seeing the most recently recorded episode on the top of the list.

I kinda thought the Suggestions deal was a longshot. I don't think it would be a good idea to make a generic group to lump all the non-affiliated shows into. I suppose the status quo is still pretty good. In fact, it sometimes forces me to notice a good suggestion that I otherwise would have ignored.

gfb107
02-27-2007, 01:39 PM
I can easily make the date sort descending while title sort is ascending, much sooner than being able to choose between recording date or original air date.

Raymond Day
02-27-2007, 07:11 PM
I have a Series 1 that I reloaded from the start all like new on a 320GB bigger hard drive. I put my old 30GB and 100GB hard drives in another Series 1. I want to get my TiVo videos on the new hard drive. I used mfs_ftp on both saved the TiVo video files then sent them to the 320GB and after about a week my videos were there. But about 80% of them were messed up! Some would play all most to the very end just or skip to the end or stop some were before the end or video mess up at some point. One even reset the TiVo when it got to a spot in the video. But about 20% of them played good.

So I looked for mfs_FTP TiVo to TiVo I found this. I spend about 3 hours getting it to work. Not knowing just how to make a MovieLoader.properties file. I had in mine this:

Title=From TiVo=ftp:192.168.2.19
FTP Server=ftp://192.168.2.19:21
Movies=ftp:192.168.2.5

It did make a cache folder with a folder named 192.168.2.19{21} in it that looked like a dir of / on my TiVo. I never got it working.

Just reading though this I found out about flashFXP. On the left side I clicked Switch to FTP Browser button then just dragged and drop one video.

I was using ftp://IP:3105/ in Internet Explorer and just drag and drop them.

I am typing this as flashFXP is still working. Looks like it just gives them a (STOR file name from) and then (RETR file name to) FTP commands and they do a TiVo to TiVo that way.

Maybe some one can put for Series 2 only at the start of this. I don't see why a Series 2 needs this when you can go to the bottom of the now playing list and save videos to one TiVo or the other. I guess this is only for direct TiVo's. with the superpatch to have HMO on them.

Narf54321
02-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Maybe some one can put for Series 2 only at the start of this. I don't see why a Series 2 needs this when you can go to the bottom of the now playing list and save videos to one TiVo or the other. I guess this is only for direct TiVo's. with the superpatch to have HMO on them.

In the very first post it clearly says several times this is an HME (Home Media Engine) application. I understand some of your confusion, since you have S1 machines, but HME so far has never worked on the S1.

Although the primary use for this is likely S2 DirecTivos with HME working the fact that you can make available archived TY videos on a PC's hard drive also makes it useful for S2 standalones, as well as hacked S3 units using the 'new' TY format. I wouldn't label it "S2 only", simply label it HME only. Which it pretty much already is.

By-Tor
02-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Maybe some one can put for Series 2 only at the start of this.
It's not limited to the Series 2 -- this should work with a Series 3 as well.

It is, however, limited to Tivos with HME. If the "HME" in the title wasn't enough to tell you that, then from the requirements in the PDF:

A hacked, HME-enabled TiVo with mfs_ftp installed and working

I don't see why a Series 2 needs this when you can go to the bottom of the now playing list and save videos to one TiVo or the other.Unless you have a Tivo that does not have MRV, like the HR10-250 or the Series 3.

gfb107
02-28-2007, 05:49 PM
I've just released a new version of MovieLoader. See the announcement post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=270161&postcount=1).

Butch
03-02-2007, 02:10 PM
With the new MovieLoader just released (Ran it on two different computers , same results)

tivo screen shows the folders & icon for shows and there titles.
Then after a bit all the titles disapear and I get this output from the computer screen

MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,rsrc 2083 is not of type RSRC_
FONT)
MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,resource 2296 not found (type
type[-1]))
MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,rsrc 2083 is not of type RSRC_
FONT)
MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,resource 2298 not found (type
type[-1]))
FONT)
MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,resource 2302 not found (type
type[-1]))
MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,resource 2196 not found (type
type[-1]))

etc. etc.

Seems like I am missing something on the computer for a font or something.
Even does this when using the Computer Simulator
WARNING: resource 3314 not found (type null) [3]
WARNING: rsrc Text[#2083,"Press ENTER for transfer queue.",0xffd9d9d9] is not o
type class com.tivo.hme.sim.SimResource$FontResource [3]
WARNING: resource 3316 not found (type null) [3]
WARNING: resource 3318 not found (type null) [3]
WARNING: resource 3322 not found (type null) [3]
WARNING: resource 3324 not found (type null) [3]

I ran this in a dos box (two different computers and got same output)

Also ran this for more info
C:\Documents and Settings\Roger>java -version
java version "1.5.0_11"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode)

I ran update Java and it says uptodate

It seems to do this when
First run movieloader
I go into it via the tivo
then leave the MovieLoader screen / hme
then when I go back into movieloader all the titles are gone

If I restart MovieLoader on the computer then I get back the titles
but once I leave it again and go mack into it titles are gone again

Maby this will help
C:\MovieLoader>java -jar C:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.jar MovieLoader C:\MovieLoad
er\
HME SDK 1.4 (TiVo, Inc.)
LOG: "MovieLoader" is not an existing directory.
LOG: "Z Holdings" represents "t:\TiVo Shows"
LOG: "Z High Def" represents "t:\TiVo High Def"
LOG: "Z Music Shows" represents "t:\TiVo Music Shows"
MDNS: http://192.168.0.1:7288/MovieLoader/
FO(complete, {})
MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,rsrc Text[#2083,"Press ENTER f
or transfer queue.",0xffd9d9d9] is not of type class com.tivo.hme.sim.SimResourc
e$FontResource)

Hope this helps
attached is debug I believe from the computers simulator
I ran Movieloader on the computer
then ran MovieLoader Simulator on the computer and exit the program
1st run.txt is the out put
then re ran MovieLoader Simulator again and exit the program
2nd run.txt is its output
I believe the outout is the debug
I hope this helps.

gfb107
03-02-2007, 08:43 PM
OK, there's a new version that should fix this in the announcement post (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=270161&postcount=1).