PDA

View Full Version : Tytool tries to create an invalid filename

hokkers999
11-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Hi,

Searched here found nothing similar to this. I am trying to download a 20 gig file from a S1 UK model. When I click on "get" it fails with the error message

Could not open an output file!

what is also displayed on the screen but you don't see here is a little square box right after the !

It is trying to create this file

Name = '76/949377/949378/949385/949397'

which obviously is nonsense. If I try and extract something else smaller (~3gig or so) it tries to and successfully does create

Name = 'T:\Dad's Army-Wake Up Walmington'

Narf54321
11-28-2006, 02:51 PM
That looks like some sort of buffer overflow due to the size of your source videofile. I'm not sure what the fix might be, but it certainly looks like a limitation of TyTool/vserver.

Have you tried pulling it directly from mfs_ftp?

captain_video
11-28-2006, 04:47 PM
The name of the file looks like the list of FSIDs that shows up in the TyTools window for a show that's ebing extracted. You might try extracting it using the Get Parts option and just select half of the FSIDs as a group. You can rejoin them once you've transferred them to your PC. I use VideoReDo to join parts of shows that have been extracted and muxed to mpeg files but there are lots of other methods for doing the same thing that have been listed in various threads here.

hokkers999
11-28-2006, 08:51 PM
That looks like some sort of buffer overflow due to the size of your source videofile. I'm not sure what the fix might be, but it certainly looks like a limitation of TyTool/vserver.

Have you tried pulling it directly from mfs_ftp?

I've just started a download via filezilla using ms_ftp, it has another 7h 27m to run....hopefully it'll be done in the morning.

As regards overflow could it be at the 16gig barrier, I have successfully retrieved a 12.5gig file before.

hokkers999
11-29-2006, 09:54 AM
I've just started a download via filezilla using ms_ftp, it has another 7h 27m to run....hopefully it'll be done in the morning.

As regards overflow could it be at the 16gig barrier, I have successfully retrieved a 12.5gig file before.

The download worked just fine, curiously enough, tytool was able to demux the 20gig file!

Still like to know why it choked in the first place though...