PDA

View Full Version : Blu-ray recording from HD10-250

Drclark
11-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Has anyone implemented HD recording (including 5.1 audio) using the "Save to VHS function" using Blu-ray discs from the HD10-250?

captain_video
11-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Doubtful, since there aren't any Blu-Ray disc recorders available to the public yet (at least not in the US).

Update: I've just learned that Pioneer has a PC Blu-Ray burner for a paltry $1000.00. The only problem is finding recordable Blu-Ray discs to use with it. The only ones I've seen available go for about fifty bucks a pop, but that was several months ago when I saw it.

cheer
12-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Doubtful, since there aren't any Blu-Ray disc recorders available to the public yet (at least not in the US).

Update: I've just learned that Pioneer has a PC Blu-Ray burner for a paltry $1000.00. The only problem is finding recordable Blu-Ray discs to use with it. The only ones I've seen available go for about fifty bucks a pop, but that was several months ago when I saw it.

Newegg now has several blu-ray burners.

Of course, the original idea ("save to VHS") would be pointless, as that's not HD. And I thought I had read that the blu-ray burners can't (or won't) author blu-ray video discs -- this was something I read back when Sony announced putting a burner into a laptop.

Newegg's burners are as low as $600 now. shop4tech.com has single-layer media for $19.99 (slightly less in quantity) and dual layer media for $39.99.

VaBeachGuy
02-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Now that Blu-Ray has won the war and will start to multiply the prices should start coming down on them and the media.

I just picked up a burner a week or so ago and am now starting to play with it.

Does anyone know of some good authoring software for Blu-Ray? I need something that can do multiple audio tracks and I'd like to be able to do some mid level menus.

captain_video
02-26-2008, 07:53 AM
Ulead's DVD Workshop 6 can author Blu-Ray and HD-DVD discs.