PDA

View Full Version : tytools and .tivo files

bobvisco
12-03-2006, 01:31 AM
I have a bunch of .tivo files on my PC that I transferred with tivo desktop and want to burn them to DVD. I tied tivo's recommendation of myDVD but that doesn't work. I tried gui4ffmpeg but that gives me a cannot find codec parameters error. Someone pointed me to tytools and that sounds like an option. I don't neccessarily want to "hack" the tivo box since I already have the recordings on my PC. Can tytools operate on these files? If so, how?

Thanks,

Bob

artships
12-03-2006, 02:57 AM
Try renaming your .tivo files to .zip or .gz, then extracting the largest component and naming it <somthing>.ty, THEN feed that to tytools.

bobvisco
12-03-2006, 11:09 AM
When I change it to a zip or gz file, windows can't read it. I wouldn't expect that a tivo file was a zip file.

Thanks,

Bob

artships
12-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Sorry, I was expecting it might be, like the other kinds of downloaded ty files which are actually tystreams and XML description files zipped-up together.

cheer
12-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Sorry, I was expecting it might be, like the other kinds of downloaded ty files which are actually tystreams and XML description files zipped-up together.
You've confused .tivo files with .tmf files, which are tar archives.

TyTool does not work with .tivo files.

artships
12-04-2006, 02:08 PM
TyTool does not work with .tivo files.

But TiVo File Decoder (http://tivodecode.sourceforge.net/) does (just heard about it today).