PDA

View Full Version : Differences between the boxes

Kevin Clark
12-07-2006, 04:05 PM
What are the differences between the HR10-250 and the HR20? I know that one is a buy the other is a lease and that is about it. I currently have 2 Philips DSR6000 and I love both of them, but I am ready to get HD. So I am looking into both and I don't know which one to get.

cheer
12-08-2006, 02:42 PM
What are the differences between the HR10-250 and the HR20? I know that one is a buy the other is a lease and that is about it. I currently have 2 Philips DSR6000 and I love both of them, but I am ready to get HD. So I am looking into both and I don't know which one to get.
The HR10 is a Tivo, and the HR20 is not. The HR10 can do digital OTA and satellite MPEG2; the HR20 can do satellite MPEG2 and satellite MPEG4, and (soon but not yet) digital OTA.

jasch
12-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Also, since February (or March) of this year, all equipment from DTV is a lease, even if you buy it, they 'mark it' as 'leased receiver' unless you bring hell down on them, and they still have a difficult time budging.

(I bought my HR10-250 for almost $600, and it's says it's leased equipment on my DTV bill).

marlboroman
12-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Jasch,

I think it was March but you're right about that. I re-activated an old receiver that I bought about 3 years ago and next statement, sure enough, it said leased receiver. I kept complaining about it but then I just gave up. I figured it wasn't worth the effort for something I couldn't even sell at a garage sale for more than $5.