PDA

View Full Version : TyTool 10r4 not creating chapters

phrend
12-10-2006, 07:24 PM
I've been using TyTool for many years now... I have not been paying close attention lately, so this may be the case for all the DVD's I've created recently...

My process is this:

(Series 1 TiVo)
1. use mfs_ftp to extract to a .ty file
2. launch tytool
3. make key file
4. edit key file
5. vob-mux file (I use the original/old option, not the "new format" - mostly because I don't know what the, "new format" is for)
6. create ifo files/dirs

I always leave the chapter points on the default, "every 5 min." option... but, on the DVD I just created, there is only 1 chapter...?

Anyone know what's going on? I tried toggling the 5 min option to "cut" and back to "every 5 min" and built the ifo files/dirs again, but ended up with the same results...

(I see the single chapter when opening the VIDEO_TS up in Windows Media Player, and also by playing the burned DVD in my DVD player and not being able to skip to the next chapter.)

Thanks in advance!

data1025
12-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Same thing is happening to me too. :(

hokkers999
12-12-2006, 04:25 PM
I've been using TyTool for many years now... I have not been paying close attention lately, so this may be the case for all the DVD's I've created recently...

My process is this:

(Series 1 TiVo)
1. use mfs_ftp to extract to a .ty file
2. launch tytool
3. make key file
4. edit key file
5. vob-mux file (I use the original/old option, not the "new format" - mostly because I don't know what the, "new format" is for)
6. create ifo files/dirs

I always leave the chapter points on the default, "every 5 min." option... but, on the DVD I just created, there is only 1 chapter...?

Anyone know what's going on? I tried toggling the 5 min option to "cut" and back to "every 5 min" and built the ifo files/dirs again, but ended up with the same results...

(I see the single chapter when opening the VIDEO_TS up in Windows Media Player, and also by playing the burned DVD in my DVD player and not being able to skip to the next chapter.)

Thanks in advance!

Well, I suppose that's one way of doing it. I use tytool to both d/l from the tivo and then multiplex new format (2). The resulting mpg file gets fed into videoredo+ and the bits I don't want removed.

The final mpg file goes to tmpgenc dvd author...

KaZen
01-08-2007, 01:48 AM
I'm also not getting chapters with TyTool10r4.

So, I went back and checked my old version: TyTool9r18 and it isn't making chapters either.

I know it_used_to work, I'm just not sure when or what changed. (I've upgraded Nero since then also.)

Playing the files from the hard drive with WinDVD's "DVD from folder" option has no chapters either, so I do not believe that Nero is the problem.

artships
01-12-2007, 10:17 AM
The lack of chapters means that one of the files tytool makes is missing - Either .ty.cut or .ty.key or .ty.chp. They must all be named the same and in the same directory.

All is not lost. Just edit the make.bat file, adding the chapters:

--title -c0,300,600,900,1200,1500,1800,2100,2400 --instructions post=vmgm

Empty the VIDEO_TS directory and run the bat file.

phrend
04-16-2007, 03:06 AM
artships hit the nail on the head! I didn't realize that those meta files were needed to build the DVD... and I deleted them when I was moving the vob's around on my hard drives (after I had batch-converted a bunch of stuff to vob's).

Thanks for the info about how to remedy the situation as well!!!