PDA

View Full Version : DirecTivo Record Start Time Question

comfreak
03-03-2007, 06:17 PM
I could not find and answer to this anywhere.

I have a modified 120gb Samsung DirecTivo running version 6.2

It works great except for one thing. Any time it starts to record a season pass or wishlist program, it starts 1 or 2 minutes early. I have it set to start and end all of these recordings on time exactly.

I end up with half-hour programs which have a duration of 32 minutes or hour programs with a duration of 1:02. It seems to be randomly between 1 or 2 minutes early but it always starts early and ends on time. Is this set somewhere? Can this be correct changing some config or something using telnet? It's all networked and hooked up.

It's driving me nuts because whenever two programs are scheduled next to each other, they overlap by 1-2 minutes and of course it tells me and wants to confirm changing the channel.

It's the weirdest thing but I'm sure someone else has experienced it.

lgkahn
03-07-2007, 04:14 PM
is this a prebought hacked unit.. many units are hacked with a pad start and pad ending hack to make sure you record the whole show.. my guess is that is what is going on

comfreak
03-07-2007, 04:29 PM
After some more research and a post from another forum, yes you're right. I now see there is endpad.tcl and endpadplus.tcl under a hacks directory when I ftp into it.

What are the commands to completely end these services permanently?

paull
04-10-2007, 04:18 PM
After some more research and a post from another forum, yes you're right. I now see there is endpad.tcl and endpadplus.tcl under a hacks directory when I ftp into it.

What are the commands to completely end these services permanently?

Look in the rc.sysinit.author file for the commands that start them and delete those lines.

or you could simply delete or rename those files.

captain_video
04-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Wrong forum, guys. Kindly post support questions in the support forums. This forum is for developers only.