PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Savings Patch for Series 1 Announced by Tivo

rbiro
03-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Today I got a message from Tivo on my Series 1 that they will actually push out an update for the new Daylight savings.

Anybody know what this involves?

Narf54321
03-16-2007, 12:30 PM
There was a couple of threads over at TCF, bemoaning Tivo Inc leaving S1 owners behind. A guy with the handle jberman found a TimeZone Hack (http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=4954286&&#post4954286) based on alternate zones defined in DbEnum.tcl and a new cron job.

Tivo Inc. decided it was a clever enough method to implement a similar solution into an official update.

jakeluck
03-17-2007, 04:09 AM
so for those of you who have received the officlal patch, can you tell us what did it do exactly?

IcedTivo
03-17-2007, 01:04 PM
The patch updates the software to: 3.5b-01-1-031. It replaced my LBA48 kernel with the original so my extended hard drive (over 137gb) was inaccessible. The recordings are still there but will give an error when you try to watch them. (Don't delete them till you've replaced the kernel.) It also deleted all my hacks including telnet and ftp. I pulled the drives and had to reinstall the lba48 kernel, cachecard drivers and kill initrd. I should have fixed rc.sysinit.author also but didn't realize that it been deleted. If you don't have a cachecard you'll probably still have telnet/ftp. I then ftp'd my backup /var/hack files and started TWP via telnet. I'm now in the process of getting all the other stuff working again. I'll upload my backup rc.sysinit.author and redo the symlinks I had and copy to the inactive partition. I do have a problem with Tivo rebooting on certain shows that I assume were recorded on the extended partition since it will do it everytime at a certain spot while replaying but overall not a huge issue just a major PITA.

There are plenty of threads on this subject both here, DVRupgrade etc. so use your search box.

kp

jakeluck
03-17-2007, 02:22 PM
thank you for sharing your experience, icetivo, i will go find those threads.