PDA

View Full Version : IR Commands Not Transmitting to Series 3 Tivo

jamesmbond
04-01-2007, 10:54 PM
I have a DirecTV HD Tivo and now a NEW Tivo Series 3. I use an infrared repeater (hard-wired) system to transmit my IR commands to the Tivos stored in my basement.

The old Tivo and all of my other A/V gear works fine but nothing I do seems to get the Tivo Series 3 to accept IR commands. The orange LED that lights up with the Series 3 receives an IR command does not light up even though I can clearly see the IR emitter/flasher lighting up (transmitting). The IR flasher is attached directly to the front of the Series 3 and placing it elsewhere around the front of othe Tivo doesn't make any difference (I'm not sure exactly where the IR receiver window is).

Is there something strange/different about the Series 3 IR commands and remote compared to my other Tivo and every other A/V component that works just fine with IR?

Jamie
04-02-2007, 12:11 AM
I have a DirecTV HD Tivo and now a NEW Tivo Series 3. I use an infrared repeater (hard-wired) system to transmit my IR commands to the Tivos stored in my basement.

The old Tivo and all of my other A/V gear works fine but nothing I do seems to get the Tivo Series 3 to accept IR commands. The orange LED that lights up with the Series 3 receives an IR command does not light up even though I can clearly see the IR emitter/flasher lighting up (transmitting). The IR flasher is attached directly to the front of the Series 3 and placing it elsewhere around the front of othe Tivo doesn't make any difference (I'm not sure exactly where the IR receiver window is).

Is there something strange/different about the Series 3 IR commands and remote compared to my other Tivo and every other A/V component that works just fine with IR?The Series3 uses exactly the same remote protocol and codes as a SA series2. I can use my S3 remote with my S2 and vice versa. My guess is that you just haven't found the IR receiver yet.

buechel
04-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Is there something strange/different about the Series 3 IR commands and remote compared to my other Tivo and every other A/V component that works just fine with IR?

The IR window is over on the right near the push buttons. Shine a flashlight on the S3 front panel at an angle and look at the panel from a perpendicular angle. You should find the dime sized window easily that way.