PDA

View Full Version : transfer saved hr-10 shows to home computer

Rick0725
06-23-2007, 11:47 AM
I am in the process of upgrading my HR-10 250 to a HR-20 next weekend.

I have alot of programming that I have accumulated over time that I would like to copy/save onto my home computer or source you suggest.

Is this possible?

Please outline my options and point me where to go to get the info/instructions

thanks for your help

stevel
06-23-2007, 07:36 PM
It is possible - but you're asking in the wrong forum section. First, go to the Newbie section and read the sticky topics. Repeat for the Extraction, Insertion & Streaming Support section. In particular, note the "Commonly Asked Questions" threads.

I need to throw in a caveat - since you evidently have not previously disabled encryption, it is necessary to remove encryption from the existing recordings. This is possible on some models but I am uncertain if it is possible for the HR10. An exercise for the reader.

flagmaster
08-25-2007, 06:12 PM
You can do it, but if you have never hacked your tivo at all, not even a little, this is a pretty major under taking, especially on an HR-10-250, and especially one with encryption still on.

If your looking for a guide/walk thru on how to do this step by step, forget it, you wont find one that covers it all.

You will need to implement several hacks in this order....

1. killinitrd - This is to defeat the prom checksum test that trys to defeat hacking this unit. This is a little tricky. You'll need a PC, and custom serial cable, and linux boot disk, back up 250 gig drive....It took me a while to get over this hurdel. This is kinda hard.

2. install hacks - including ftp, telnet, busybox, and generic hacks. This is not too hard.

3. install monte custom kernal to decrypt your encrypted recordings. This is very hard.

4. install msftp or tytool. And you will prolly have to deal with the bugs in the OTA streams.

If you think you going to put these onto your new box, forget it. Best you can do is put them back onto this tivo for viewing, or convert them to dvd (loose your hd video) or just leave them on your pc and play them that way...