PDA

View Full Version : Batch Extraction - Identifying Channel

posaune
08-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Howdy,

I use the TiVo (UK model) to record a lot of radio programmes which I currently transfer manually via TyTool on a PC and then convert to an MP3 suitable for playing on an iPod.

I'm trying to automate this somewhat and have been looking at mfs_stream & tystudio. However, neither "curl http://tivo/mfscat" nor "tyls -t tivo" produce a programme listing which includes the channel - therefore making impossible to know which recordings are from the radio and need batch processing.

Can anybody offer any suggestions as to how I can do batch processing from PC or Linux but identify the channels and, therefore, know which files to download?

Thanks!

dburckh
08-30-2007, 07:04 PM
If you are willing to give TySuiteJ a try, this profile should extract to MP3. You can sort by channel and multiselect what you want.

The first line adds an "mpg" and an "mp3" button.
The last line defines an ffmpeg profile to extract just the audio.

ui.buttons=mpg,transcode:mp3
Transcoder.profile.mp3=MP3,ffmpeg,mp3,-y -i - -nv -acodec copy "{OutputFile}" 2> encoder_out.txt

I'm working on completely automatic extraction, but currently it's based off of title name

posaune
08-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks dburckh, just one question: can all this be done from the command line as your example speaks of "adding buttons"?

I'm hoping to be able to setup a cron job (or similar) to do this all automagially.

dburckh
08-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks dburckh, just one question: can all this be done from the command line as your example speaks of "adding buttons"?

I'm hoping to be able to setup a cron job (or similar) to do this all automagially.

Yeah, you would have to run the UI to do that.

I just posted automatic extract in TySuiteJ 2.6 Beta 1. It runs from the command line. It uses the title name to select what to extract. It query's the Tivo, sleeps for 10 minutes and queries it again. I don't know if that works for you.

I will add a change to use the channel as well and shutdown after the first pass. It's a small change, but I literally have company for 2 weeks. That really lowers the chance it will be done quickly.

posaune
08-31-2007, 03:35 PM
I will add a change to use the channel as well and shutdown after the first pass. It's a small change, but I literally have company for 2 weeks. That really lowers the chance it will be done quickly.

Splendid program! The proposed change would make my life a lot easier -- and certainly save me from trying to parse the HTML output of http://tivo/whatson/

Then all I have to do is work out a way to decide what, of the visual remainder, is 4x3 and what is 16x9.

I'll keep an eye open for the next update.

Many thanks!

posaune
09-07-2007, 04:50 AM
Aargh! I'm a fool, I've been using elements of TyStudio (tyget) and not TyStudoJ (cli.sh)!

Having finally got myself sorted out, I find I can't download any programmes with cli.sh

There's something a bit odd going on as "cli.sh tivo" will produce a partial listing of the shows(11 out of the 18 in nowshowing) and any attempt to download a file fails after around 2 Mb when doing "cli.sh tivo 2651587 2651587.ty"

Could the problem simply be that I'm on a S1 TiVo?

dburckh
09-07-2007, 12:25 PM
I don't regularly test cli, but it uses the same core functions as the rest of the app. You could try running the UI and see if they match up.

Also, for prompter response, please post your TySuiteJ questions on the TySuiteJ thread.

dburckh
09-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Aargh! I'm a fool, I've been using elements of TyStudio (tyget) and not TyStudoJ (cli.sh)!

Having finally got myself sorted out, I find I can't download any programmes with cli.sh

There's something a bit odd going on as "cli.sh tivo" will produce a partial listing of the shows(11 out of the 18 in nowshowing) and any attempt to download a file fails after around 2 Mb when doing "cli.sh tivo 2651587 2651587.ty"

Could the problem simply be that I'm on a S1 TiVo?

I ran CLI through its paces and everything seems to be working fine. Could be a couple of things:
1. Do you have up to date mfs_utils? See the help for the link. You need the PPC version.
2. Are you trying to extract an encrypted file?