PDA

View Full Version : FAQ / Stickies

TimeHorse
10-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Do you think maybe it's time for a Sticky or 2 for this Forum? I'm thinking like a "Video Extraction" Sticky that of course would currently say there is no way of extracting video from the HR20 but as a place-holder for if a way is found. It would reduce posts "has a way been discovered yet", at least. The answer would be there and it would be "No".

The other Sticky could be a how-to for upgrading the hard drive on the HR20. Of course, someone would have to write a how-to and since DirecTV refuses to upgrade my HR10 (they want $300 for a unit I probably will find to be crap! when I already payed for the HR10!) I can't write any procedures since I have no unit to practice on, I hope someone could consolidate this information from posts elsewhere and from personal experience.

Anyway, those are my suggestions. Keep up the good work, all! Love DealDatabase!

ronnythunder
10-12-2007, 11:12 AM
tell ya what: you create the thread, i'll make it sticky.

ronny

PlainBill
10-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Well, the Video Extraction thread is trivial.

Title: How to extract video from the HR20

The Hard Drive Upgrade thread is also pretty simple.

Title: How to upgrade the hard drive in an HR20

Message: Easy way: Obtain an ESATA drive, Unplug power to the HR20, hook up the external drive, power on the external drive, power on the HR20.

Hard way: Obtain an internal SATA drive. Unplug power to the HR20. Open the case, remove the existing drive, install the new drive, close the case, plug power back in.

TimeHorse, go ahead and use this if you wish.

PlainBill

TimeHorse
10-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks bill and Ronny I'll make the threads and try to maintain them for now initially with Bills helpful notes. I'll create the two as specified. Thanks again Bill!

Jeffrey.

stevel
10-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Note that removing the hard drive may or may not require unclipping the front panel, depending on which variant of HR20 you have.