PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Season Passes

captainjrl
11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I just ordered an HR20. I plan on using an eSata drive to compliment the internal drive of the DVR, but I have a question. If I setup the the Season Passes (or whatever they are called on the new one) without the eSata drive connected and then connect it and reboot to make it active will the Seasons passes still be setup or will it be like a completely fresh install?

TIA

PlainBill
11-06-2007, 11:14 PM
It will be like a completely fresh install. To use precise terminology, the external drive doesn't complement the internal drive, it REPLACES it.

PlainBill

captainjrl
11-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks. I knew it didn't compliment it, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the software on an HR20 was located on some flash memory somewhere else on the unit besides the hard drive. I wondered if the season pass info would be there as well, but I guess not.

PlainBill
11-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Thanks. I knew it didn't compliment it, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the software on an HR20 was located on some flash memory somewhere else on the unit besides the hard drive. I wondered if the season pass info would be there as well, but I guess not.
That would be too much to hope for. :(

However, one of the threads in this sub-forum has links to instructions on copying the old drive to a new (larger) drive.

PlainBill