PDA

View Full Version : Not a TiVo super block! (magic=0xebbafeed)

ScanMan
11-12-2007, 12:22 AM
After applying the NoCSO patch to my TivoHD I got this error running ciphercheck:

Not a TiVo super block! (magic=0xebbafeed)I'm thinking back to when I first tried to back up my original drive using WinMFS and a Rosewill SATA to IDE converter, I got an error about "Cannot read Tivo super header!"
I think I also mounted it using the normal MFSLive cd as well although I didn't write anything to the drive.

Anyway I posted over at MFSLive and Spike said he didn't think WinMFS worked with that adapter. Ok, bought a Rosewill SATA to USB adapter and successfully backed up and restored my drive. Now I get this strange error running 'ciphercheck'.

So is there something borked with my drive and if so, how do I fix it? BTW, everything works fine otherwise on the Tivo - no glaring glitches.

Jamie
11-12-2007, 04:16 AM
After applying the NoCSO patch to my TivoHD I got this error running ciphercheck:
I'm thinking back to when I first tried to back up my original drive using WinMFS and a Rosewill SATA to IDE converter, I got an error about "Cannot read Tivo super header!"
I think I also mounted it using the normal MFSLive cd as well although I didn't write anything to the drive.

Anyway I posted over at MFSLive and Spike said he didn't think WinMFS worked with that adapter. Ok, bought a Rosewill SATA to USB adapter and successfully backed up and restored my drive. Now I get this strange error running 'ciphercheck'.

So is there something borked with my drive and if so, how do I fix it? BTW, everything works fine otherwise on the Tivo - no glaring glitches.There isn't a released version of mfs-utils (where ciphercheck comes from) that understands the 64bit version of MFS on the TiVoHD. I am (slowly) working on a new release that includes mfs64 support, but it isn't ready for prime time just yet. I have something that basically works, but I want to merge the mfs32 and mfs64 versions together into a single release. So, the bottom line is, that error message is normal and ciphercheck (and the rest of mfs-utils) won't work on the TiVoHD just yet.

In the meantime, use drmcheck.tcl (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=288922#post288922).

ScanMan
11-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Odd, I get a similar error when using the 'drmcheck.tcl' you linked to (using mfs_uberexport).
bash-2.02# ./drmcheck.tcl
DRMCheck.tcl, based on CipherCheck.tcl by AlphaWolf_HK

Not a TiVo super block! (magic=0xebbafeed)
while executing
"close $fh"
(procedure "crypcheck" line 7)
invoked from within
"crypcheck $fsid"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set objindex [strim [mfs scan /Recording/LiveCache -start "" -count 1]]
set fsid [lindex $objindex 0]
set obj [db $db o..."
(file "./drmcheck.tcl" line 52)
If I edit that file to the orig AW using mfs_export, it finishes without error but it says encryption is still on. I did a dd/hexdump "peek" and my NoCSO is where it should be. :confused:

Jamie
11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Odd, I get a similar error when using the 'drmcheck.tcl' you linked to (using mfs_uberexport).
bash-2.02# ./drmcheck.tcl
DRMCheck.tcl, based on CipherCheck.tcl by AlphaWolf_HK

Not a TiVo super block! (magic=0xebbafeed)
while executing
"close $fh"
(procedure "crypcheck" line 7)
invoked from within
"crypcheck $fsid"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set objindex [strim [mfs scan /Recording/LiveCache -start "" -count 1]]
set fsid [lindex $objindex 0]
set obj [db $db o..."
(file "./drmcheck.tcl" line 52)
If I edit that file to the orig AW using mfs_export, it finishes without error but it says encryption is still on. I did a dd/hexdump "peek" and my NoCSO is where it should be. :confused:oops. I forgot that drmcheck.tcl depends on mfs_uberexport, so that's not the solution.

I'm sure drmcheck.tcl could be written to directly extract the "magic number" data from the start of the tystream parts, but right now, I guess you just have to be patient and wait for the release of an mfs64 aware mfs-utils.