PDA

View Full Version : MRV from DirecTiVo to HR21-700?

smartwatermelon
11-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Hello people,

I have a DirecTiVo (Philips DSR704 hacked to enable networking, fakecall, etc) and will be keeping that on the upstairs TV. I just picked up a new HR21-700 to use with the HD set downstairs and note that the HR21 has working Ethernet ports for, I guess, the equivalent of TiVo's HMO.

My question: Is it possible (never mind "supported") to MRV shows from the TiVo to the HR21? I'd like to be able to bring SD shows recorded on the TiVo down to the HR21, but don't particularly care about going the other way especially since the DSR704 can't do HD.

I do apologize if this has been covered, but a search back through several pages in this forum didn't reveal any likely threads. If there's a HOWTO out there for this topic I'd love to read it.

Thanks in advance!

PlainBill
11-18-2007, 11:18 PM
At present we can't get the HR20 to recognize video clips served by TVersity or WMP. AFIK, recordings from SD DirecTiVos cannot be transfered to the HR10. Until we can hack the HR20 (or HR21) any such transfer seems VERY unlikely.

Now I understand some people keep a SD DirecTiVo hooked up to their HD TV just so they can MRV to it.

PlainBill

smartwatermelon
11-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Now I understand some people keep a SD DirecTiVo hooked up to their HD TV just so they can MRV to it.

Not a bad idea, and I think I may have a spare box. Thanks!

VaBeachGuy
11-20-2007, 05:59 AM

PlainBill

Yep, I have mine set up that way. SD TiVo for MRV and HR20 for HD broadcasts. At times I also have an HR10 hooked up but only when recording multiple things (NFL Games) at the same time.

mstbone67a
12-03-2007, 10:46 PM
do for the sd unit does it have to have active subscription even for just MRV?

thanks

labbie48
12-03-2007, 11:25 PM
with the latest software version 0x1D4 on the HR20-700 video streaming with WMP11 is up and working. The format recognized is MPEG 2 (SVCD/DVD) MPEG-1 Audio Layer 2. There have been a few issues of freezing up and audio drop outs but I have not personally experienced them on my HR20-700. I am now serving over 20 video's from my PC using sharing with WMP11 and looking forward to adding more to my video library.

More info is available at dbstalk in the cutting edge thread.

mstbone67a
12-06-2007, 06:40 PM
so does the sd unit still have to have active sub to view the files in it or mrv still?

PlainBill
12-06-2007, 07:08 PM
so does the sd unit still have to have active sub to view the files in it or mrv still?

Nope.

PlainBill

brucehappy
12-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Ive been able to watch ty files that were downloaded from my series 1 directivo via tytool on my hr20-700 using tversity. it should be noted that tversity doesnt know the ty extension, so i had to change the extension of the ty file to wmv. this got tversity to recognize it as a valid video file. playback on the hr20 was fine, though note at this point i dont think the FF/RW work.

If tversity was open source i would think you could further enhance it to not require the ty file in on your comupter and instead do more of a true MRV by streaming from the tivo to the hr20 with tversity in between. there may in fact be another uPnP project out there that is open source that you could work with, integrating stuff from other mrv projects and get something working.

mstbone67a
12-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Thats good news... sure someone will find a way.