PDA

View Full Version : MRV Between S3 and S2

bigphil1
01-06-2008, 09:22 PM
I recently got a hacked 9.2a S3 up and running and with encryption disabled. It has been working fine with pytivo and I am able to access the remote files. I added an unhacked S2 24008A and let it update to 9.1 this week and have it working fine with pytivo as well.

The problem is that the S2 can only see the S3 via MRV for one time after ar a reboot. Once I leave the NPL and go back in, it's gone until I reboot the S2 again. I am able to transfer unencrypted shows from the s3 to the unhacked s2 and they work fine, but the MRV seems to be completely unstable. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it related to one being 9.1 vs 9.2a? Is it because one is hacked and one not? They both have the same media access key. The Tivo's are both wired ethernet and the connection is stable since both tivo's have no trouble using the shares on the pytivo server. Seeing each other seems to be the problem.

I can run a sniffer on the network to see if the s3 is advertising itself properly. Is there something I should be looking for?