PDA

View Full Version : MRV between S2 and S3, versions?

wkearney99
01-08-2008, 06:14 PM
I've got an unhacked TivoHD running 9.2a. I've also got a hacked S2 running 7.2.2 (not updating just yet).

What version of S2 can the 9.2 S3 pull from using MRV? I ask this because the S3 sees the S2 unit in the NPL, but when I browse into it I'm told there are no videos to transfer. The NPL on the S2 itself has quite a few videos.

TTG on a PC sees both of the units. TTG sees ALL the videos on both of them (the 9.2a S3 and the hacked 7.2.2 S2).

I was hoping to be able to pull the recordings (all unencrypted) off the S2 while it's still at version 7.2.2. Is this possible?

I read in some of the threads that MRV is 'different' now on the S3 units. Do I have to bite the bullet, allow the S2 to update, hack it again, and then get MRV from the S2 using the S3?

All this nonsense just so I can transfer some 200+ recordings off a couple of DirecTivo units. I've got all the .tmf recordings pulled using mfs_ftp but I don't see an easy way to push them back up to the TivoHD. Is there a way to get them into an as-yet unhacked TivoHD?

Jamie
01-08-2008, 07:53 PM
What version of S2 can the 9.2 S3 pull from using MRV?
...The S2 has to be on 9.x too (currently 9.1).

I was hoping to be able to pull the recordings (all unencrypted) off the S2 while it's still at version 7.2.2. Is this possible?
...You can pull them to your PC, and then to the S3, but not directly to the S3.

I read in some of the threads that MRV is 'different' now on the S3 units. Do I have to bite the bullet, allow the S2 to update, hack it again, and then get MRV from the S2 using the S3?

Yes, or transfer through a PC.

All this nonsense just so I can transfer some 200+ recordings off a couple of DirecTivo units. I've got all the .tmf recordings pulled using mfs_ftp but I don't see an easy way to push them back up to the TivoHD. Is there a way to get them into an as-yet unhacked TivoHD?Convert to mpg with tytompg then serve to the S3 via tivodesktop, PyTivo or Tivo.net. There was some talk about a tool to produce PyTivo metadata from the tmf xml: link (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58238). It probably wouldn't be that hard to add ty/tmf support to PyTivo, with the help of tytompg.

philhu
01-09-2008, 10:34 AM
The S2 has to be on 9.x too (currently 9.1).

You can pull them to your PC, and then to the S3, but not directly to the S3.

Yes, or transfer through a PC.
Convert to mpg with tytompg then serve to the S3 via tivodesktop, PyTivo or Tivo.net. There was some talk about a tool to produce PyTivo metadata from the tmf xml: link (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58238). It probably wouldn't be that hard to add ty/tmf support to PyTivo, with the help of tytompg.

I feel your pain. I just did this, moved 200+ programs from 2 old S2SA machines using MFS_FTP to tmf files, then thru tytompg, which reads TMF, then feed them using pyTivo to my TIVO HD units. If they could incorporate tytompg in the pytool system to allow support for ty/tmf files, it would be very awesome.

I wrote a quick metadata converter to move the mfs_ftp TXT file output to pyTivo metafile txt files, so all my programs contain all the orig metadata, right down to episodenumber, actors, etc. It is in Visual Basic, uncompilied, since I didnt want to build an installer, etc, butI will share it with anyone doing this

StanSimmons
01-09-2008, 08:51 PM
I feel your pain. I just did this, moved 200+ programs from 2 old S2SA machines using MFS_FTP to tmf files, then thru tytompg, which reads TMF, then feed them using pyTivo to my TIVO HD units. If they could incorporate tytompg in the pytool system to allow support for ty/tmf files, it would be very awesome.

I wrote a quick metadata converter to move the mfs_ftp TXT file output to pyTivo metafile txt files, so all my programs contain all the orig metadata, right down to episodenumber, actors, etc. It is in Visual Basic, uncompilied, since I didnt want to build an installer, etc, butI will share it with anyone doing this

I would love to have a copy of it. Can you email it to me at pytivo at my username dot com please?