PDA

View Full Version : Any user for a S2 Standalone?

tivomaster
01-16-2008, 11:43 AM
I have inherited a 80gb S2 Standalone with Lifetime.

My current household is composed of 3 Directv hdvr2's that have been hacked and use MRV extensively

The question is, Is this SA unit any use to me in this environment? Can I hack it and use it as a play only unit off of my HVR2s?

If I were to sell it on SleazeBay or something what is it worth?

PlainBill
01-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Question: Why did you post in a non-tivo section?

Suggestion: Go to www.ebay.com, search on your model of TiVo and 'lifetime'. Look at closing prices of completed auctions. Or if you would rather take my word for it, it's worth about $5.00 Because you're a nice guy, I'll give you $10, + $15 for shipping. :)

Request: Mods, please move this to the newbie forum.

PlainBill

tivomaster
01-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Question: Why did you post in a non-tivo section?

Suggestion: Go to www.ebay.com, search on your model of TiVo and 'lifetime'. Look at closing prices of completed auctions. Or if you would rather take my word for it, it's worth about $5.00 Because you're a nice guy, I'll give you $10, + $15 for shipping. :)

Request: Mods, please move this to the newbie forum.

PlainBill

I posted it here because the first question I had was if it was of any use for it in a Directv-SA connection... Can I for example put it in a spare bedroom and use it as a MRV connection to my HDVR's?

I was looking for general Directv compatiblity info. It is not a newbie question. It closer fits a general discussion question...

Jamie
01-16-2008, 05:11 PM
This is a forum area (I think) for non-TiVo DirectTV DVRs. That's why it seemed out of place.

A SAS2 running current software can't MRV with dtivos. You could run old software, but you probably couldn't connect with the tivo service then and would get no benefit from the lifetime service.

If you want a play only MRV unit, another dtivo is probably the cheapest alternative. I don't think it needs to be hooked up or even have an access card, as far as I know.

I'll bet you can get a few hundred dollars for a lifetime SAS2 unit still on ebay. Sell it sooner rather than later, because I think the value of the Series2 units, even with lifetime, will be dropping fast.

ronnythunder
01-16-2008, 05:29 PM
moved to "general tivo discussions"

ronny

tivomaster
01-16-2008, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=Jamie;293016]This is a forum area (I think) for non-TiVo DirectTV DVRs. That's why it seemed out of place.
QUOTE]

Thanks, I understand....