PDA

View Full Version : tivoserver binary for Intel MAC

Rorschach
02-10-2008, 03:44 PM
I've heard it mentioned, but have not found it searching here or the Internet at large.

I'd like to find a binary of tivoserver that I can run on an Intel based Mac under Leopard.

jt1134
02-10-2008, 11:23 PM
There's always source code.

Rorschach
02-11-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm pretty much a dumbass when it comes to compiling source. I of course found the source code along with the Win32 binary at sourceforge.net. Does Leopard have the capability built-in to compile that stuff? I guess I'm used to the Tivo masters here doing all the hard work and just reaping the benefits as an end user. I admit it.

mr_zorg
02-11-2008, 03:41 PM
You need to install the xcode (developers tools) from the OS X dvd, they're not installed by default. Usually you compile by doing the following:

./configure
make
sudo make install

If there's no configure in the source directory, but there is a Makefile, then go straight to step 2. If there's neither, then try a simple "gcc sourcefile.c -o binaryname"...

FYI, if you found a PPC binary, those will run just fine (for the time being). Unless you're doing on-the-fly transcoding, the PPC binary will probably work just fine for you.

Rorschach
02-13-2008, 09:41 AM
I thought the MAC was going to be easier. Thanks mr zorg I give it a whirl. I was hoping someone had already done it and had a binary available. I'm not even sure how to get to the command line on my new MAC. Terminal?

drez
02-13-2008, 02:01 PM
I'd be very surprised if tivoserver compiled easily... good luck lol.

p.s. the best (imho) version isnt on sourceforge, it's in this post: http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?p=270533#post270533

Rorschach
02-13-2008, 03:06 PM
The alpha 4.6 runs but does not work on my PC portable, but the binary at sourceforge does. The 4.6 version just can't successfully move anything to the tivo although everything on both ends looks good. So I've stuck with the earlier version. It does crash and does not complete transfers sometimes, but most of the time it works for what I'm doing.

No joy on the MAC binary so I guess I can't completely abandon my PC stuff.

mr_zorg
02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
I thought the MAC was going to be easier. Thanks mr zorg I give it a whirl. I was hoping someone had already done it and had a binary available. I'm not even sure how to get to the command line on my new MAC. Terminal?
Yes, terminal. The Mac is easier, so long as you stick with off the shelf software. Straying into command line binaries, compiling your own stuff, and open source projects is a whole 'nother matter. :)

But no worse than any other linux/unix machine...

Rorschach
02-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanks anyway. It was good information, but obviously the last tivoserver version is not ready for Intel Macs -- because someone would have been able to create a working binary somewhere on the Internet. But from what I've read, it compiles but does not operate. It's not like I have to dump my PC portable and that is working with tivoserver just fine. I'm starting to like the Mac. It's working so well I have nothing to troubleshoot.

Gunnyman
03-01-2008, 07:25 AM
fwiw the the ppc version seems to work fine under rosetta.

vu2vu
03-02-2008, 07:36 PM
I was able to get ffmpeg/mjpegtools to compile but wasn't able to everything to compile together. I am getting error below. Any guidence would be helpful.

g++ -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"Tivoserver\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tivoserver\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"0.4.2\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"Tivoserver\ 0.4.2\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"http://tivoserver.sourceforge.net\" -DPACKAGE=\"\" -DVERSION=\"\" -DHAVE_LIBPTHREAD=1 -I. -I. -g -Wall -DUSE_AVI2 -Wno-sign-compare -c BeaconManager.cc
BeaconManager.cc: In member function 'void BeaconManager::Broadcast()':
BeaconManager.cc:132: error: 'OSIOCGIFCONF' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [BeaconManager.o] Error 1