PDA

View Full Version : Dtivo extraction

johnnyt
09-19-2008, 09:33 AM
Will someone direct me to the thread(s) which deal with my issue? Or provide me an answer?

Issue: I have a Hughes HDVR2. I have PTVNET and Instant Cake. I have a reformatted 100gb HDD, PATA 133 (Maxtor DiamondMax 10), P/N 6B100PO.

I am going to configure the Maxtor HDD with the PTVNET and then format and install TIVO from the Instant Cake.

I want to extract/copy/move my movies/shows from my existing TIVO drive so I can either save them on my PC or reimage them on the new drive before I reinstall the new drive in the Hughes HDVR2 chassis.

I want to note that the current HDD in my DTIVO was configured with the PTVNET and Instant Cake, but I don't think it enabled the USB ports as I hoped, and the system info does not indicate the USB ports as active.

Please help. I have been browsing the forum for answers, but nothing seems to relate. They seem to mention regular TIVO systems, or not my model DTivo system, or assume you have a working network connection.

bobbyhope
09-19-2008, 10:50 PM
Just treat the DTivo as a regular TIVO when using extraction tools such as tytool.

johnnyt
09-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks. Let me say, I have the HD out of the HDVR2 chassis. How can I extract the files with the HD connected to a PC? I would like to eventually transfer/copy them back to another HDD I will reformat with PTVNET/Instant Cake 6.2. Can this be done?

Appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

jt1134
09-20-2008, 02:16 PM
You can pull shows off a drive in a pc using the methods described here (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23192) (it's a sticky for cryin' out loud). However, if you have not hacked your box to disable the encryption of recorded programs (which it does not sound like you have), then extracting the scrambled shows wouldn't make much sense. Unscrambling them is possible using the methods found here (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39207).

As far as PTV net goes, don't expect much direct assistance with that. All it is, is a poorly written script that installs tools taken from this site (in quite a poor manner I might say), all done without giving a clue to the buyer of what is happening to their box. Instantcake is simply a copy of an image of the TiVo software. You can hack your box yourself without using $20 crappy scripts using the methods documented all over this forum. At that point, you'll be much better equipped to deal with the issues you are currently presented with.

johnnyt
09-20-2008, 04:48 PM
jt1134, thanks for the reply. The HDD I want to extract from was hacked with PTVNET and formatted with Instant Cake 6.2. Yeah, PTVNET has been ZERO help.

Not to drag this thing out, but what would you recommend I hack my HDVR2 with to allow HMO, networking and be able to transfer shows to my PC for archiving/backup?

Is there an "all inclusive" directions on this forum I can follow?

What programs and in what order would I perform the hacks?