PDA

View Full Version : TIVO Size - Get the disk space used on your TIVO

ddbasesquak
01-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi,

I've just created a little GreaseMonkey JavaScript that totals up the TIVO disk space used and adds it to the top of the "classic" Now Playing page.

So, instead of seeing this:
Now Playing
you see this:
Now Playing - MB used = 132101 - GB used = 129

The script is here:
http://squakmt.com/tivosize/index.htm

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks

Smokin
02-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi I have always wanted to address my tivo from a pc.. It looks as though you can do this. I like the feature you just made. When I try to address my tivo via firefox I am asked for a user name and a password. I have never created these. Can you help.

I saw a piece of software called TivoWeb I believe. It appears to be Linux. Is there a windows based app that will allow me to manage my tivo.

IE: delete old shows, clean up the tivo and other things.

Thanks Smokin

ddbasesquak
02-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Hi, Smokin:

I have updated http://www.squakmt.com/tivosize/index.htm
with Username and Password instructions.

ciper
02-22-2009, 06:28 AM
I saw a piece of software called TivoWeb I believe. It appears to be Linux. Is there a windows based app that will allow me to manage my tivo.
You misunderstood.
Yes TiVoWeb (and plus) are "Linux" but they are meant to be installed ON THE TiVo ITSELF. Once that is done you need no special software to access it besides a recent web browser.

Smokin
02-22-2009, 10:05 AM
You misunderstood.
Yes TiVoWeb (and plus) are "Linux" but they are meant to be installed ON THE TiVo ITSELF. Once that is done you need no special software to access it besides a recent web browser.

There was no misunderstanding about the tivoweb. I dont know jack about Linux and have only pc running windows. I cannot install tvw and that stops me there.

I need a truly windows based app and I guess there is none.

Thanks for your reply.

ciper
02-22-2009, 10:36 PM
There was no misunderstanding about the tivoweb. I dont know jack about Linux and have only pc running windows. I cannot install tvw and that stops me there.

You are being lazy! Here are the installation steps -

Copy the file to your tivo
telnet into the tivo and goto the directory you saved it to
run "tar xvzf tivowebplus-v2.1.b3-090121.tgz" to extract it
run "cd TivoWebPlus" then "./tivoweb"

Not really any difference from doing the same on your Windows system from a dos prompt.

lrhorer
03-15-2009, 01:55 AM
There was no misunderstanding about the tivoweb. I dont know jack about Linux and have only pc running windows.
If you have a TiVo, then you also have a pc running Linux.

I cannot install tvw and that stops me there.

I need a truly windows based app and I guess there is none.
Why would you ask for a Windows based app to run on a Linux system? Of course there is none. All that is resident on an unhacked TiVo is the HME / HMO code and a web browser for TiVo to Go. You can access the web server with any web browser by supplying the user ID "tivo" and your Media Access Key as the password, but all this will supply you is a web interface version of the NPL and the ability to download unprotected programs to the PC hosting the web client. It won't supply all the features of TivoWebPlus.