PDA

View Full Version : Sound, but no picture after boot. Ideas?

Dr.Evil
02-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks for taking a peek. I normally don't post. I've been doing this for quite a while without posting, just read and read some more...

After filling up a Hacked Drive with saved recordings, I put another hacked drive into my Hughes SD-DVR 40 DirecTivo. Which has been running flawlessly with 6.2 on it. (No desire for updates)

The problem I face is: I have many drives laying around and connected a usb to IDE adapter to them to take a peek and the drive in question didn't come up with the adapter but does boot when put into the Tivo. It shows progress on the screen and when finished booting; goes to the last channel viewed. Audio is heard but there is NO PICTURE.

Is this because the drive was connected to a pc running Windows, and affected the drive?

If so, perhaps re-running the hack process will correct any errors. But I hope to save the recordings.... If not, I guess I'll just have to consider them a loss.

Anyone see this problem before??

Also, returning another hacked drive into the same machine, boots and runs fine with audio and picture.

Thanks again for looking.