PDA

View Full Version : can't watch recorded shows

steveswamp
06-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Ok, here's a strange one. I've got a Series 2 standalone (Tivo TCD240080) that started having problems the other night. When you go to Tivo Central, and then select to see what you've recorded, the Tivo crashes. I figured I had a bad spot on the disk, so I upgraded to a 500GB drive. MFSBackup detected a bad spot, which I expected. I copied the entire disk over. The new disk boots fine, but it still crashes when I try to view what's on the disk. All the other menus work fine, I can schedule recordings, add/delete season passes, get guide updates, pause the video, etc. The scheduled shows record as normal. I just can't get to see what's recorded.

My two thoughts - maybe something got corrupted when we had a power glitch, so there's a system program screwed, or the index for the recorded files is corrupted. Any thoughts, and any suggestions on how to correct them? I'd like to preserve what's been recorded, if possible.

Thanks in advance...

Steve

steveswamp
06-17-2009, 12:40 PM
ok, here's an update: I networked the tivo, which worked fine. I used the Tivo Desktop, and I could see all of the shows recorded on the machine, and I could easily transfer them to the PC. Everything seems to work here. I just can't see the recording list through the Tivo menus. Any suggestions on where to look? I'm running the latest 9.x release from Tivo (non-hacked).

steveswamp
06-24-2009, 01:43 PM
It appears that the library that was called to display the "now playing" page was the file that got corrupted. Re-imaged the drive with an InstantCake image. Works fine now.