PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV 72.5 Locals

shorin
06-27-2009, 06:32 PM
I know this isn't the normal support questions that are normally posted on here, but I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere else.

I had DirecTV do a mover's connection today to set me up at my new house. They re-scheduled 4 hours later, and were still late, but that's not the problem. I'm in the Springfield, MO area, and have been using the 72.5 sat for locals.

I've got 4 Tivos. 1 is an R10, and the other three are Samsung s4040 and s4080s. He showed up with a new oval dish, and 5 HD DVRs. I had told the people when setting up my appt, that I wanted to keep my Tivos, and they said that was fine. Now the installer is telling me that they have to set up the new oval dish and I can't use the Tivos any more. I sent the installer away, and called DirecTV. They're telling me that they won't do installs on the 72.5 dish anymore and that it is being shut off in August 09. I asked why I hadn't been informed of this yet, and they stated that they had sent out letters. I never received one, and I know other people that haven't mentioned any letters either.

Am I missing something, or was he just full of crap? Is the 72.5 being shut off that soon? Anybody know if DirecTV will set me up right, or will I have to eBay a couple dishes and a multi-switch and do it myself (not looking forward to the cable runs)?

Thanks,

Danny

jwciv
06-28-2009, 10:06 AM
DBStalk is a great source for information (as is dealdatabase :) )
check out this (http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=2126345) thread, some searching there may turn up more info

shorin
06-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the link. Sounds like I've got to upgrade, but I'll ask a couple questions over there and find out for sure. Thanks again,

Danny

groupdelayed
06-30-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't believe that they sent out letters....I guess it's the end of the Direct Tivo's more a lot of us. I guess I will be switching back to cable (UGH!). Anybody that is interested in purchasing QTY 3 Hughes Series 2 DVR's that are at 6.2 and all networked together...PM me.

PlainBill
07-01-2009, 12:20 PM
I don't believe that they sent out letters....I guess it's the end of the Direct Tivo's more a lot of us. I guess I will be switching back to cable (UGH!). Anybody that is interested in purchasing QTY 3 Hughes Series 2 DVR's that are at 6.2 and all networked together...PM me.
Why??? If the OP is correct, you will get new HD DVRs (I suspect you will actually get SD DVRs) and a slimline dish at no cost. Most of the features we hack our DirecTiVos for are already available on the HR2x series and MRV is in beta release right now. I just paid $170 to lease an HR22, you're pissing and moaning about getting three free!!!

PlainBill