PDA

View Full Version : HR20, BBC, and diplexer

opticalcarrier
09-11-2009, 03:34 PM
I have a HR20-100s that is currently using both sat tuners. I also have an OTA antenna that I would like to use.

My satellite input 1 tuner connector has a SWM by it, but the #2 tuner doesnt.

Isn't there supposed to be a BBC on each sat tuner? I ask because I only see 1 BBC connected to my receiver. The receiver's other tuner just has a cable connected to it, which seems strange to me

Also, when using the diplexer, should the BBC still connect directly to the tuner before the tuner connects to the diplexer?

Antdog24
09-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah, you need a BBC on each tuner and I had issues using a diplexer and had to remove it, it was completely blocking the signal on the 99 sat.

PlainBill
09-12-2009, 12:35 PM
I have a HR20-100s that is currently using both sat tuners. I also have an OTA antenna that I would like to use.

My satellite input 1 tuner connector has a SWM by it, but the #2 tuner doesnt.

Isn't there supposed to be a BBC on each sat tuner? I ask because I only see 1 BBC connected to my receiver. The receiver's other tuner just has a cable connected to it, which seems strange to me

Also, when using the diplexer, should the BBC still connect directly to the tuner before the tuner connects to the diplexer?

If you are feeding an HR20 with the signal from a SWM you don't need a BBC on the input. The SWM combines the signals. As a matter of fact, you don't need a connection to the second tuner!!

I'm not sure if diplexers are compatible with a SWM. However, you should now have a spare coax... :D

PlainBill