PDA

View Full Version : Is my situation stackable? Thanks

used2could
10-05-2009, 08:43 PM
My house is sectioned into two halves with a few rooms on one end, living room in the middle, master bed on other end. All the coax cables come in the house at the end furthest from the master bedroom. I have one coax cable that runs to the master but i need an additional line for the dual connection on the DVR. Long story made short... running additional cable is not optional. Can i add an additional multiswitch to the one coax cable that runs into the master bed room? If so what type is recommended?

(SAT)
| |
| |
[======Multiswitch======] (Zinwell 6x8 model# MS6X8WB-Z)
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| --Rooms--
|
|
-=(Master b/r)=-
|
[=Add additional multiswitch?=]
| |
| |
[DVR]

Thanks!
Brian

labbie48
10-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Nope, need two coax cables for the multiswitch.

used2could
10-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the fast reply.

All multi-switches need two inputs? Aww that's not what i wanted to hear.

PlainBill
10-06-2009, 12:16 PM
My house is sectioned into two halves with a few rooms on one end, living room in the middle, master bed on other end. All the coax cables come in the house at the end furthest from the master bedroom. I have one coax cable that runs to the master but i need an additional line for the dual connection on the DVR. Long story made short... running additional cable is not optional. Can i add an additional multiswitch to the one coax cable that runs into the master bed room? If so what type is recommended?

(SAT)
| |
| |
[======Multiswitch======] (Zinwell 6x8 model# MS6X8WB-Z)
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| --Rooms--
|
|
-=(Master b/r)=-
|
[=Add additional multiswitch?=]
| |
| |
[DVR]

Thanks!
Brian
You have precisely the situation the Single Wire Multiswitch was designed for. IIRC, you can run up to 8 HR2x DVRs off a single coax.

PlainBill

PlainBill
10-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Nope, need two coax cables for the multiswitch.

Wrong on both scores. You need 4 cables for a HD multiswitch.

used2could
10-06-2009, 12:38 PM
PlainBill,
Thanks, that's such awesome news! What multi-switch model# should i look to get?

PlainBill
10-06-2009, 01:11 PM
PlainBill,
Thanks, that's such awesome news! What multi-switch model# should i look to get?

No idea. Google directv single wire multiswitch , check the forums at dbstalk, or ask a DirecTV installer.

PlainBill

used2could
10-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Doing some digging around now. Thanks. i'll post my findings for others.

stevel
10-10-2009, 12:12 AM
SWM-8. solidsignal.com sells it.