PDA

View Full Version : Can't Connect to HR10-250 after restart

jsauser11
10-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Looking for a little guidance here. My hacked HR10-250 (6.4a) recently froze, and only an unplug would bring it back. It did a clear and delete upon the restart, and now I can't get network or serial terminal access to find out what is wrong. Neetwork settings screen in the tivo menu looks like it has all the right information, but no telnet and ping to the address only returns destination host unreachable. I can't figure out why the serial access also is down. Am I going to have to pull the disc and start from scratch?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

ronnythunder
10-31-2009, 10:35 PM
sounds like it may have done a re-install of the software, probably losing the hacks. probably have to pull the disk, sorry.

ronny

jsauser11
11-02-2009, 05:14 PM
I must be an *****. Turns out the hub the HR10-250 was connected to needed to be seset (locked up for some reason). After the reset, I was back in business with network access via telnet and ftp. Var was wiped, but just unarchived my mfs_ftp, vserver, and TivoWebPlus from the root, and was back in business. Still can't seem to get the serial bash to work via the cable and hyperterminal tho. Have tried multiple cables, and multiple hyper terminal settings (various baud rates, no flow control, xon/xoff) with no success.
Used to work that way. Maybe the com port on the computer is hosed.

jsauser11
11-02-2009, 08:40 PM
bootpage -p was my friend, and let me know that the baud rate needed to be set to 115200, and that did the trick. Now have bash via my serial cable back.