PDA

View Full Version : S2 DTiVo suddenly rebooting after working forever...

GBill
02-01-2010, 11:12 PM
I have two SD-DVR 40s that I hacked almost a year ago. Both were done identically and are using 6.4a software with a chainloaded kernel. Everything has been working great until a few days ago when one of them began rebooting randomly. I've searched the threads and tried a few things such as:

1. Removed the USB adapter and left it that way... still reboots.
2. Commented out MFS_FTP from my start-up script... no luck.
3. Pulled the drive and ran the manufacturer's drive utility, which passed.
4. Booted my MFS tools CD and ran e2fsck on all the ext2 partitions (9, 4, 7)... still rebooted.
5. Swapped power supplies between the two TiVos... no luck.

My drive is a fairly new (~ 1 year) Seagate DB35 320GB. As I said, everything was working just fine. I wasn't doing anything too cutting edge with the box either... I can't even recall the last time I booted up Movie Loader. It was literally just sitting there and one day decided to commence randomly rebooting.

Log files attached.

Any thoughts? I think I'm stuck... I can't think of anything now except to pull the drive and reformat... yuck.

GBill
02-02-2010, 05:48 PM
After searching some more I found this thread... Anyone know if this works for S2 tivos? I tried, but can't get it to run. Is there another way to do this, or am I missing something?

Code for Clear Guide, Wish List, Season Pass (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38121)

jt1134
02-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Feb 1 22:06:38 (none) Activity HandleDataChanged[889]: Tmk Fatal Error: Activity HandleDataChanged <889>: assertion failure

it's crashing in the Scheduler

"Clear program information & To Do List" is probably your best bet

jt1134
02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
After searching some more I found this thread... Anyone know if this works for S2 tivos? I tried, but can't get it to run. Is there another way to do this, or am I missing something?

Code for Clear Guide, Wish List, Season Pass (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38121)

put the attached script in /etc/rc.d/StageE_PreApplication

when it's done clearing everything, you can delete the script

GBill
02-02-2010, 06:42 PM
put the attached script in /etc/rc.d/StageE_PreApplication

After my second post I realized my TiVo has a menu option to do a clear and delete of the To Do list and thumbs... I am assuming it accomplishes the same thing as your script. We'll see how it goes...

GBill
02-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Well, the good news is that the clear and delete seems to have fixed my reboot problem.

The bad news is that for some reason my usb adapter is no longer working...