PDA

View Full Version : Do USA Tivo's have the New HD Interface?

pdd
02-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Just curious if TiVo has rolled out this interface to US customers?

http://gizmodo.com/5056067/a-sneak-peek-at-the-new-tivo-user-interface

Also what is the current TiVo software version in the USA?

Australia is running 11.3c but we have the old interface here. It would be great to get the new one eventually though.

tivo4mevo
02-04-2010, 09:08 AM
No, not yet.

11.0d is the current software version for Series 3 units.

djliquidice
02-17-2010, 07:35 AM
No, not yet.

11.0d is the current software version for Series 3 units.

the HD interfaces are horribly slow.

philhu
02-17-2010, 03:20 PM
i thinthey will only put the new interface on new tivo's

The older tivos are way too underpowered

02-25-2010, 01:23 PM
The new UI is similar to the tivo search (still listed as beta) already available to current S3 customers.

philhu
01-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Well, here we are in retrospective land....

The HD interfaces require flash and are still slow because Tivo has never re-enabled the dual-processor in the tivo premiere. My question is how long does it take to reenable a feature found broken? It is not THAT hard to do multi threaded code changes. Here we wait 1.5+ YEARS and the interface is still very slow and seems to crash alot (ie, the spinning circle during operations that normally dont have it).

tivo4mevo
01-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Tivo enabled dual-core with sw 14.9.x, so you should be running with both cores active. That said, I agree that the HDUI is still not "snappy" on the premiere hardware.

philhu
01-10-2013, 10:12 AM
How many 'developers' does Tivo have? What do they work on? The HD interface should have been done by now. I know the latest release is a good step forward, but there are a few glitches and missing items.

When you schedule a recording form the guide, it shouldn't flacsh to full screen and back for a split second. I think it is doing that to display the 'Recording scheduled' in the SD menu system.