PDA

View Full Version : Mac+Tivo Series 3+Newbie=HELP!!!

Heartbreaker
06-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Let me start with my apologies if this question has been answered. I simply have been overloaded with information I been reading on this site searching the threads and, as another post said, there seems to be a learning curve here that I am very far behind. I just want to be able to take programs off my tivo and place on my computer (Mac) without using Toast Titanium/Tivo Transfer because it doesn't allow me to download most of the recording I have off my tivo. I mean I have seen that I need mfs_ftp but even with it's instructions I have no idea how to even install it on my tivo (downloaded it and read something about "/var" so I'm assuming I'm supposed to use terminal?)

Please help me... even if someone can link me to a post with a step-by-step with how to do this.

Just a little background information, my Tivo Series 3 is connected via ethernet cable to my wireless router and I am running Mac OS X 10.6.3

thanks in advance.

phdeez
06-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Is your tivo hacked (opened up and the PROM chip replaced)? If you haven't done this (or had it done) you won't be able to pull those shows off the Tivo, regardless of destination OS. If you are (really) handy with a soldering iron, you can pull the current PROM off and replace it with one that is flashed.

Heartbreaker
06-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah I haven't had this done. Would rather have someone do it for me out of fear of messing it up but I guess I'll have to look for instructions on how to (even though I never even used a soldering iron. LOL)