PDA

View Full Version : Three very quick S3/S4 questions

topgun98
12-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Hi folks,

I just purchased my two first-ever TiVo's. They're both Premiere's, and I have a few very quick questions:

1) Given that BrightHouse uses SDV, do I need a tuner adapter in addition to an M-Card, or is the M-card SDV-capable on its own?

2) Once I get my CableCARDs, will MRV work between by two S4 units for content that is flagged/encrypted?

3) If not, would MRV work between a hacked (S3) Tivo HD and my S4 Tivo's?

I just want to be able to use MRV and also be able to download my HD recordings (including the encrypted ones) to my PC. I am willing to pay anyone who will assist to that end. (Omikron?) I'm also willing to buy another, different version, TiVo.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to offer information and/or advice!

buccobruce91
12-28-2010, 09:35 PM
As far as question one, the m-card does not include the capabilities of the tuning adapter. If your cable system uses SDV, you will need a tuning adapter in addition to the m-card.

Question two: encrypted content will transfer as long as both tivos are on the same account. Content which is flagged for copy once will not transfer between tivos. Content which is flagged copy never will not be recorded. Unless, of course, Omikron finds a hack for the premiere to disable the CCI bit. ;)

Question three: MRV will work between a hacked S3 and the S4s, as long as they are all on the same account. Of course MRV of video recorded on a hacked S3 would not be subject to the CCI restrictions, assuming TiVoApp was appropriately modified.

hope this helps.

topgun98
12-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Yes, that answers all of my questions. Thank you so much!

Now my only question is, where can I get a hacked TiVo HD? Is there someone whom I could pay to modify one that I purchase?

Thanks again!

buccobruce91
12-31-2010, 05:46 PM
I would search for omikrom. not sure if he is still modifying boxes. he is the one who supplied a hacked prom for me.

when you find his name, look for his posts.