PDA

View Full Version : Adding flies to various TIVO folders using telnet (terminal on Mac)

Heartbreaker
02-23-2011, 08:32 PM
This question probably has a VERY simple answer and one I have been reluctant to ask, but I can't seem to find a way to do it. Ok... so I down load files, patches, etc from the site that I want to load into various folders on my Tivo (/var or /tivo-bin, mostly) BUT once I telnet into my Tivo, I don't know how to copy the file from my computer to the folder on my Tivo I want to add it into.

For example. When I download files from the site, they usually download into my "Downloads" folder on my home drive. Now, How do I move those files that I just downloaded from my home folder via telnet to my Tivo HD (in this case the "/var" folder)? Can this be done via telnet without having to take out my Tivo HD every time and using the MFSLive boot CD??

Thinkdiff
02-23-2011, 09:05 PM
If you copied tivo-tools to your TiVo when you hacked it, you should already have tivoftpd on the TiVo. It may already be in your rc.sysinit.author file as well if you followed one of the guides. You can start it just by typing "tivoftpd" via telnet.

Once it's running, you can use any FTP program to connect to the TiVo. I use Transmit or CyberDuck.

Heartbreaker
02-23-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks. All this time and I wondered how to simply transfer files. Cyberduck is an awesome program.