PDA

View Full Version : Tivo HD not responding to Remote - Must Restart

Heartbreaker
06-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Firstly, apologies if this has already been addressed or has an easy solution. I couldn't find any information on it and it's becoming a bit tedious...

So while watching TV (on my Tivo, of course) while changing channels or something, the tivo unit will stop responding to the remote. Now take in mind Im just using the original remote that actually came with the unit. In any event, the screen totally freezes to black and the only way to get it going again is to unplug the unit and restart it that way. This has been inconvenient, but I had to do it 2 times today so now it's going from inconvenient to annoying and frustrating. Anyone else have this issue and possibly a fix for it?

lrhorer
06-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Not specifically, no. If it starts happening a lot, it suggests a failing hard drive. If so, try the kickstart diagnostics.

jkozee
06-28-2011, 12:44 PM
You haven't provided a lot of inofrmation on your setup, but if you are running an unpatched version of routerplus I would bet that's your problem. Try this link (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=301129&postcount=16)for more information.
Basically you have three choices, patch routerplus, put the original router.o back in place, or avoid button mashing.

Heartbreaker
06-29-2011, 10:50 PM
My apologies again. I am running the "No Promo" via routerplus, but with 11.0j, promo killer isn't needed, correct? So would it just be better to put the original router.o back? If not, how do you patch routerplus?

Heartbreaker
07-08-2011, 11:16 PM
You haven't provided a lot of inofrmation on your setup, but if you are running an unpatched version of routerplus I would bet that's your problem. Try this link (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showpost.php?p=301129&postcount=16)for more information.
Basically you have three choices, patch routerplus, put the original router.o back in place, or avoid button mashing.

Still a bit of a newbie. How do you change the Max to 512? in VI?

Thinkdiff
07-09-2011, 05:31 AM
Still a bit of a newbie. How do you change the Max to 512? in VI?

The patched linked to earlier is for the source code to routerplus.o. You'd have to setup a cross-compile environment and recompile the patched routerplus.c file to modify the queue limit.

djl
07-11-2011, 11:07 AM
FWIW, I had freezing problems even with the patched version of routerplus. I haven't had time to investigate what was causing it, so I went back to the standard router.o.

The patched linked to earlier is for the source code to routerplus.o. You'd have to setup a cross-compile environment and recompile the patched routerplus.c file to modify the queue limit.

Heartbreaker
07-12-2011, 02:36 AM

Aw heck I have no idea how to do that. I think im going to have to go back to the original just don't want to have those annoying promos back.